• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report I Will Survive.....Spring Break (with a hint of May) *COMPLETED*

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
May 9

016BECAD-45EC-42A5-A7F8-E34B8D515F05.jpeg

Magic Kingdom AGAIN?!

Woody’s suggestion. I will never turn down an opportunity to spend time in my favorite park.

Lighter crowds today. And fewer lovebugs, thankfully. The lovebugs have been absolutely awful! Swarms of bugs everywhere, like something out of a horror movie. We’ve seen kids (and adults) freak out as they land on their clothes or head. A lovebug’s lifespan is only three or four days so there are dead ones all over too. YUCK.

Space Mountain was finally open this morning. After riding, we had a new (to us) snack.

FD501DCC-7BDD-4C87-8FCE-A4311755550C.jpeg

Not exactly the kind of cheese I enjoy with a warm pretzel, but it tasted better than I expected.

Got a last-minute lunch ADR.

8AA0F0BB-0192-4F4C-91CC-F933562E1F35.jpeg

I mentioned paper straws replacing plastic in the parks. This is how the straws are packaged:

D378C660-6554-42D3-B419-296914253427.jpeg

Woody and I had a good people-watching table and a fast and friendly server. Food was tasty, although it kills me that the sandwiches are 50 percent higher than what they used to cost only a couple years ago.

Club
D4F69731-1383-4990-868D-777E887719BC.jpeg

Grilled chicken
C3369B8D-E575-4DB3-9F9D-943F0DA334D6.jpeg

And @Longers, this was our first (and last) ice cream of the trip.

356C50BD-41AA-4B18-97BF-294F8D0EEC12.jpeg

susan lees

May 9

View attachment 370984

Magic Kingdom AGAIN?!

Woody’s suggestion. I will never turn down an opportunity to spend time in my favorite park.

Lighter crowds today. And fewer lovebugs, thankfully. The lovebugs have been absolutely awful! Swarms of bugs everywhere, like something out of a horror movie. We’ve seen kids (and adults) freak out as they land on their clothes or head. A lovebug’s lifespan is only three or four days so there are dead ones all over too. YUCK.

Space Mountain was finally open this morning. After riding, we had a new (to us) snack.

View attachment 370985

Not exactly the kind of cheese I enjoy with a warm pretzel, but it tasted better than I expected.

View attachment 370986

I mentioned paper straws replacing plastic in the parks. This is how the straws are packaged:

View attachment 370987

Woody and I had a good people-watching table and a fast and friendly server. Food was tasty, although it kills me that the sandwiches are 50 percent higher than what they used to cost only a couple years ago.

Club
View attachment 370988

Grilled chicken
View attachment 370989

View attachment 370991
I love your top!
I've never been over when the lovebugs have been an issue but Jack called me Tuesday from Disney springs and was having a tough time dealing with them.
We have a similar problem here when certain crops are being harvested. Not a good time to wear white lol
Enjoying this mini report 😀

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody and I got off Little Mermaid and there was a family of 5 behind us (Dad, Mom, three kids under 10). They followed us past Gaston’s and Be Our Guest (toward the carousel) and were talking about the attraction.

Mom then loudly announced....not once, not twice, but three times....”We’re going to meet Ariel in her grotto tomorrow at Epcot. There’s a special area to meet her. A grotto!”

Ariel does have a meet and greet grotto, Mom. It is located next to the attraction you just got off! :banghead:

Conductor Woody wanted to visit the MPB.

E82E6901-ACDB-47E2-8611-A75226119FFC.jpeg

76863C5A-F251-4E9F-80A6-346EFF87F94E.jpeg

“It’s just a regular park bench now since it’s not moving,” sighed Woody.

12BA8FF9-94C9-4287-B902-F4F424E37625.jpeg

We sat and enjoyed the view for awhile.

63AC3178-9716-490C-A6AE-CA16BABE8219.jpeg

Now it’s time to say goodbye......

C1FB4AE2-F1CD-4CCA-9C7D-D62AB0588CDB.jpeg

....the Tragical waits for us. :cry:

Last edited:

93boomer

May 9

View attachment 370984

Magic Kingdom AGAIN?!

View attachment 370985

View attachment 370986

View attachment 370987

Club
View attachment 370988

Grilled chicken
View attachment 370989

View attachment 370991
Yayy for lighter crowds! Lunch looked good but the ice cream looked even better! 😋
Ooo lovebugs. Hate when they get all over the front of the car! Yuck!

LeighM

When we returned home on Saturday, we had the early morning flight out of MCO with JetBlue and were still 20 minutes late leaving because something was wrong with the water pressure system or something. But after flying 600mph for most of the flight, we only landed 1 minute later than what was previously scheduled. My husband wanted to take the first flight because our previous departures had been delayed in previous trips. But he didn't much like having DME picking us up at 5am either :) We might drive down next trip though - but it's a long 12 hours....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
You have the worst luck when flying!
Oh goodness! Yes you need to road trip it next time! 😉
We did not make it home until 12:30 am.
We left Disney property at 3:30 pm.
Flying (or should I say, “mostly waiting to fly”) took much longer than if we had gotten into a car and driven home.
Thelma and Louise will be taking a road trip next month!

When we returned home on Saturday, we had the early morning flight out of MCO with JetBlue and were still 20 minutes late leaving because something was wrong with the water pressure system or something. But after flying 600mph for most of the flight, we only landed 1 minute later than what was previously scheduled. My husband wanted to take the first flight because our previous departures had been delayed in previous trips. But he didn't much like having DME picking us up at 5am either :) We might drive down next trip though - but it's a long 12 hours....
I’m thinking the best way to get to WDW is teleportation! :joyfull:

93boomer

We did not make it home until 12:30 am.
We left Disney property at 3:30 pm.
Flying (or should I say, “mostly waiting to fly”) took much longer than if we had gotten into a car and driven home.
Thelma and Louise will be taking a road trip next month!

I’m thinking the best way to get to WDW is teleportation! :joyfull:
Omg that’s ridiculous!! You gals really do need to drive! We would have almost been home in that time driving!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Narcoossee's is a staple for Kevin and I. We've celebrated birthdays and anniversaries there and taken many good friends and family for an always amazing dining experience. It's nice to hear of other people having a great experience there. I've had fish dishes, shrimp, scallops, lobster and even pork chops there. All have been delicious!

I think I like it more than California Grill (aside from Brunch at the Top). My brother and I argue about it sometimes, but since he doesn't eat seafood, I guess I can understand his preference for CA Grill. :geek:
There are times Woody and I wished we liked seafood, as it would open up lots more options for our palates. I could definitely see more visits to Narcoosee’s in that case (though I am definitely open to return just for a veggie meal!)

Those food pictures are incredible!
Oh my! That looks so good.
And the pictures don’t do the reality justice! :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Woody could be Frank's new best friend, that NY Strip would make his day! 😁
And about that dark chocolate dessert...! Just my cup of tea.
Well done indeed!
I’d happily share the dark chocolate candy bar/gelato with you!
(Woody would probably want his own steak. Frank is on his own! :joyfull: )

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh no! Good thing I booked Hoop Dee Doo again for my next trip! I debated on just going to trails end for the good food... but we really enjoy the show!
Oh the food at Trail’s End is great! The fried chicken/bbq ribs/baked beans are the same as HDD (shared kitchen). The smoked brisket on the carving board was tender and packed a flavor punch! (And I rarely order brisket when at a bbq joint.) There’s a create-your-own baked potato station. Chili. Salads. Roasted chicken. Salmon.

While the strawberry shortcake is gone, the s’mores tart and mint Oreo brownie kept me happy! Woody had the warm apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream and caramel. There’s a make-your-own sundae bar too. 😉:hungry:

Pooh got Woody to smile big!
I know!! ❤

Lovely dress
Thank you. According to the label it is from the “Vintage Minnie Collection” (hence the pinkish-purple bows). I bought it at BVG in the Contemporary a couple years ago.

Delightful is one way to describe him :hilarious:
Woody and I thought he’d be a fun guy to have a drink with! 🍻

Top Bottom