Trip Report I Will Survive.....Spring Break (with a hint of May) *COMPLETED*

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live among the Spring Break crowds
But then I spent so many nights thinking how I could be wrong
And I grew strong
And I knew I could get along....

Well that’s what I’m hoping for anyway. I’m not a newbie when it comes to navigating Spring Break at WDW. I’ve got a couple decades of experience under my belt. “Spring Break” isn’t a single week of cray cray crowds (like the week between Christmas and New Years) but is spread over March and April. Unfortunately one (or more) of those weeks can end up being cray cray....and these days, there is no way to predict which one.

Please don’t let it be this week.

But we are prepared. ADRs at 180 days. FPs at 60 days. Clothing for rain or shine. (Praying for shine ~ we’ve had enough rain over the last 4 months to set an ark afloat.) And attitudes willing to “go with the flow.” 🐢

My goal is to keep the updates live. Should I fail? There’s always Part “Tu”.

Who: Tuvalu, Woody and Em (the teacher whose schedule dictates when we go)
When: Sunday, March 31 - Sunday, April 7, 2019
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter
Why: Let’s hope we don’t ask ourselves this!
How: We’ve done the plane, can’t take the train....so it must be the automobile!

Will we be smiling at the end of the week? Stay tuned.

And if you don’t hang around for the smiles, you may want to peek in and see if there are any WDWMagic meet ups. I know of at least three forum friends I hope to encounter.

Now it’s off to bed! The alarm is set for zero-dark-thirty.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
A two-fer Magic meet day!

938048B2-7342-4F4C-BF0F-BB9CAB004826.jpeg

@DisneyGigi and I had fun sharing pics of our grandbabies! And the four of us got to reminisce about Disney trips when our adult children were littles. It was such a joy meeting these wonderful folks that I felt I already “knew” from @DisneyGigi’s trip reports.

And before you ask, @Rista1313, this was a planned meet. 😉😊

#Blessed

DisneyGigi

View attachment 369909

@DisneyGigi and I had fun sharing pics of our grandbabies! And the four of us got to reminisce about Disney trips when our adult children were littles. It was such a joy meeting these wonderful folks that I felt I already “knew” from @DisneyGigi’s trip reports.

#Blessed
It was a complete pleasure to meet you guys! And talk about the kids and grandbabies . I met @Tuvalu y’all! ;)

krisri18

View attachment 369909

#Blessed
Hope Woody is keeping a count, he'll need to restock your Tuvalu cards at this rate!

Songbird76

The trifle had a layer of strawberries.....
A layer of whipped cream....
A layer of cake.....
A layer of custard....
A layer of beef sautéed with peas and onions.....
"What's not to like? Custard....good! Jam.....good! Meat....GOOD!"

Sorry about the driver of the DME! How did he make that mistake? And how many people has he brought to the wrong resort? Did you report it to Disney?

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
The trifle had a layer of strawberries.....
A layer of whipped cream....
A layer of cake.....
A layer of custard....
A layer of beef sautéed with peas and onions.....
I got that reference;) HA!!!!

Edit: and I see others did too, I didn't know I was so far behind on my reading. Oops:angelic:

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We leave for POFQ Wednesday afternoon. Hopefully all the WDWMAGIC legends will still be there. We’ll keep our eyes peeled for everyone. Would love to meet some fellow addicts.
Safe travels and I hope you have a fantastic vacation. Love POFQ!

Hope Woody is keeping a count, he'll need to restock your Tuvalu cards at this rate!
I would love to run out of cards....meeting fellow WDWMagic-ers is such fun. It gives me joy to thank someone for following my adventures.

Sorry about the driver of the DME! How did he make that mistake? And how many people has he brought to the wrong resort? Did you report it to Disney?
The driver said afterwards that he was “given the wrong information.” This was not the first time a DME bus has taken us to a wrong destination. Never thought to report the incidents. Mistakes happen.

I'm just catching up on your TR!
Love it!
If I knew you were here, I would have loved to meet you!
I was hoping to meet you too! Kept my eyes peeled for you at Epcot on Saturday since I read that you and Frank were there. I am looking forward to catching up on the rest of your report once I get home. :bookworm:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry, we may have broken them last week when we rode everything in the evening with no wait times. (Ducking tomatoes.)
@DisneyGigi already threw hers, but now it’s my turn!
🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅

Welcome Back! Loving your live TR. Hope to see you in the parks someday!
Ditto!

I got that reference;) HA!!!!
Edit: and I see others did too, I didn't know I was so far behind on my reading. Oops:angelic:
I was hoping at least some would get the reference (and not think I was serious :joyfull: )

Everything on MDE is bad lately. I had a rough time getting our ADRs and it took several tries to cancel a reservation.
The updated app is awful. Takes forever to navigate. Not very user-friendly.
Sadly the website isn’t a whole lot better.
Glad you were able to muddle through to get what you needed.

This is funny!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom