I want to show you something...

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
This was last week at Islands Of Adventure, its a kind of "Hidden" gate by the lost and found area...

On Purpose? Coincidence? ....

48484500ff9.jpg

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
Yes, Im well aware of Hidden Mickeys :lol: My son is obsessed with them.

I was pointing out that we found them in Islands Of Adventure (Universal) So I was wondering if it was just coincidence or on purpose? :)

SirNim

We have a prototype for Hidden Mickeys in IOA: Eisner's Mouse Ears at Jurassic Park.

I'm calling it: Intentional.

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
When you go through Universal there are lots of little poking fun of Disney things around, like there is a poster in the waiting area of Shrek that's called The great TICK room, and its obviously suppose to be like The Tiki room and there is another for Adventure land, but I forget what did they did to alter it....I might have a picture somewhere, but anyway, because of all those other things around the park I was just wondering of the gates were Universal/IOA's way at a hidden Mickey dig.

Dont get me wrong, we like Universal/IOA, we always have a great time there.

Yes, Universal does hide hidden mickeys, both just the 3 circles, or little jabs against Disney found in the Shrek queue. I see it as friendly competition rather than an attack on Disney since they come off as more of a joke, such as the line in the Horror Makeup show, "This isn't Disney, we don't have to be nice to you!" :p Another cool thing to try to find is the cartoonist's signature in all the giant superheros in the Marvel area.

daliseurat

Actually, a large amount of IOA was designed by...

...former Imagineers. So, maybe it's just tat hard to shake the Mouse out of your soul.

Actually, a large amount of IOA was designed by...

...former Imagineers. So, maybe it's just tat hard to shake the Mouse out of your soul.

No, they left Disney for Universal, is because Universal actually cares for it's Team Members moreso than Disney does it's CMs. Ever wonder why Universal doesn't require you to join a union to work there, or hear anything about conflicts between it's workers and the company like you would normally hear at Disney? I'm sure these guys had enough of Disney and left, but still did these little touches just for fun.

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
I'm not sure I want to tell my son, he will be killing himself looking for the hidden Mickeys. :lol:

albino_pygmy I'm with you, I find it all very funny. :) I also didn't know that about finding the signatures on the superheros, we have to look next year when we go, THANKS!

Have you also stopped in POE and really take in the theming? There's a lot of neat little things all over this island that most overlook as they're rushing to ride Hulk or Dragons. It's always nice to stop and smell the roses, you never know what else you'll find hidden at the parks too. By the way, did you know that the walkaround characters that you might encounter in POE are escaped prisoners? (that's if they have these characters out anymore) See if you can find where they were escaped from, or whatever happened to the fire brigade, or when the next lost explorer's meeting is. Have fun!

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
I love taking in all the sites by Port Of Entry, it so full of detail and so very beautiful. :)

Escaped prisoners? I didn't know that! :lol: I never did look to see where the fire brigade went! Im looking forward to looking for it now!

I have so many pics of IOA, its crazy. ::hammer: I also love The Lost Continent, Poseidon's Fury is the only live show that I actually look forward to. The people who work at IOA are so much fun too, I had a great time with the coin making guys, there were funny as h*ll! My favorite ride has to be the Mummy tho, I love walking through there too, it really does feel like you are at a dig site, its awesome!

erinshaneb

I know I know..with the economy being what it is these days they are being smart, sensible coporate type people and saving money where they can..they either found them on Ebay or Craigslist !!!!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom