I thought the sky liner was built to minimize stops.

HongKongFu

It is possible that they have other goals, such as providing yet another area and thing to occupy visitor beyond the park. If the average rider is spending 15 minutes going to a park it in and 15 minutes when they leave then you've just burned 30 minutes of a visitors time that is keeping him out of the park but occupied in what the visitor considers a ride.

OK let's look at that a bit more......

Assumption: guests hop in significant numbers.

Now that everyone knows that guest hop big time Disney would be better off if transportation times were quick, no? You can't spend money on a bus nor going from stop to stop 3 times (6 tines if round trip of course) via boat nor doing the "1940's Kansas clothesline" while being in the air much longer than it should be

lazyboy97o

And THAT is the problem. It should have been a priority.

Furthermore look at the map. A small added leg would have addressed this issue. Compared to the whole project that leg would have been a very short add on.
Thought would have meant another 3-way transfer station.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
If SkyLiner had a direct route for Epcot/HS, guests wouldn't see all the cool resorts they need to book for their next trips :D

nickys

Premium Member
Have you seen the map of this thing?
It is beyond asinine. It looks like it belongs in the movie 'Idiocracy'

Moving from Studio to Epcot is an obnoxiously unnecessary journey of about 4.5+ longer.

A straight leg out of Studios to meet one of the "turns" would have shaved off about 4.5 to 5 times the unnecessary travel.

They were built as a means of transport from four resorts to 2 parks.

The intention was not a park to park system, that’s what the boat is for.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Regardless, there is still air when you are stopped. That's a fact. If you haven't ridden the system yet, you have no right to comment or speculate.

I was invited by a cast friend to go ride them during a preview last week. If the sun is up and you're in a gondola that doesn't have a screened Disney scene on it, it gets hot very very quickly and becomes uncomfortable fast. If it does have a screened print it gets hot more slowly, but if you're there for more than a minute or two it gets very hot as well. If the wind is blowing while they're stopped there is air circulation and the vents are positioned to keep the air moving and it's really not that unpleasant. If the wind isn't blowing while stopped though it does get stuffy and hot fast. Is it better than a stopped monorail in August? Definitely. As long as they keep them moving they aren't bad at all. It doesn't seem like they used cabins with any sort of UV blocker, but I could be mistaken about that.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Even if some destinations are a few minutes longer than bus times on average I'd still prefer SkyLiner for less pollution, better views and being more comfortable than a packed SRO flatulence laden bus.

thomas998

OK let's look at that a bit more......

Assumption: guests hop in significant numbers.

Now that everyone knows that guest hop big time Disney would be better off if transportation times were quick, no? You can't spend money on a bus nor going from stop to stop 3 times (6 tines if round trip of course) via boat nor doing the "1940's Kansas clothesline" while being in the air much longer than it should be
You forgot that the gondolas will be swinging sweat boxes priming people to buy overpriced water and cola when they arrive at the final destination. Just wait till you see the numbers of water and cola they will be selling at the end of the line.

thomas998

I was invited by a cast friend to go ride them during a preview last week. If the sun is up and you're in a gondola that doesn't have a screened Disney scene on it, it gets hot very very quickly and becomes uncomfortable fast. If it does have a screened print it gets hot more slowly, but if you're there for more than a minute or two it gets very hot as well. If the wind is blowing while they're stopped there is air circulation and the vents are positioned to keep the air moving and it's really not that unpleasant. If the wind isn't blowing while stopped though it does get stuffy and hot fast. Is it better than a stopped monorail in August? Definitely. As long as they keep them moving they aren't bad at all. It doesn't seem like they used cabins with any sort of UV blocker, but I could be mistaken about that.
Do you mean some of them aren't going to have the disney prints on them? I thought they were all going to have it.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
fresh gear.jpg

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
You forgot that the gondolas will be swinging sweat boxes priming people to buy overpriced water and cola when they arrive at the final destination. Just wait till you see the numbers of water and cola they will be selling at the end of the line.

The gondolas, not unless they break down. It isn't mid-August though so the jury is still out. The transfer station though? Maybe. :joyfull:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I personally won't be impressed with Disney transportation until they can slingshot me from my resort room to the front of Flight of Passage safely. Until then, I reserve the right to openly complain and opine.

:D

I tried to get a Fastpass for this ride, but it's not available! *shaking fist at WDW management*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom