I thought the sky liner was built to minimize stops.

Yert3

Original Poster
Currently on it right now. I thought these were built in a way so handicap could board separately. Stopped 4 times now in a single trip (within 5 minutes). Disappointed.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
They're still working on the wrinkles like boarding issues. In a few weeks we'll all have a better idea if it's efficient transport :)
or a fun way to travel slower :eek:

I't'll be interesting to see which routes are the better choices for using SkyLiner once they break it in.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
They're still working on the wrinkles like boarding issues. In a few weeks we'll all have a better idea if it's efficient transport :)
or a fun way to travel slower :eek:

I't'll be interesting to see which routes are the better choices for using SkyLiner once they break it in.

Ha I wouldn't mind it taking a few minutes longer than the bus from start to finish because I'd get to sit.
And since its continuous you don't have to worry about just missing it and having to wait 20+ minutes lol.

Heppenheimer

Ski gondolas stop all the time. No matter how perfect the operating procedures Disney implements, the X-factor in all this are the one thing Disney can't completely control: the guests. People fall, drop things, don't properly position themselves or just flat-out do unsafe things. Consider yourself lucky if you ride this system more than a few times without at least one stop.

Yert3

Original Poster
Ski gondolas stop all the time. No matter how perfect the operating procedures Disney implements, the X-factor in all this are the one thing Disney can't completely control: the guests. People fall, drop things, don't properly position themselves or just flat-out do unsafe things. Consider yourself lucky if you ride this system more than a few times without at least one stop.
I didn’t mind the stopping. Just the stopping 4 times in 5 minutes is what puzzled me. I guess I’m thinking “why start it up if you’re just going to stop it 15 seconds later?”

Goofyernmost

There is only one location that doesn't have a designated absolute stop for wheelchairs etc. It is supposed to stop and be separated from the rest of the gondolas so they don't have to stop. How did you get to ride anyway, isn't it not open until next weekend? Was it a soft opening? If so there might be hundreds of reasons why it was being stopped.

Yert3

Original Poster
There is only one location that doesn't have a designated absolute stop for wheelchairs etc. It is supposed to stop and be separated from the rest of the gondolas so they don't have to stop. How did you get to ride anyway, isn't it not open until next weekend? Was it a soft opening? If so there might be hundreds of reasons why it was being stopped.
Cast member previews today.

PSM

Man, to either be a cast member or lucky enough to live in the area and be invited by one to participate in a soft opening - which is literally done to work out kinks - then immediately come on the forums to complain about it is pretty rough lol. Even funnier that you then had three more rides with no issues.

Yert3

Original Poster
Man, to either be a cast member or lucky enough to live in the area and be invited by one to participate in a soft opening - which is literally done to work out kinks - then immediately come on the forums to complain about it is pretty rough lol. Even funnier that you then had three more rides with no issues.
If you say so.

thomas998

Like a charm. We were stopped above Carribean Beach yesterday and it wasnt uncomfortable at all.
Passive will work when it stops if you are high enough up because at about 30 feet or so you tend to get a constant breeze, but I would expect some areas could be dead zones for passive cooling. Will likely just be a matter of luck when you get stopped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom