I think its time for the Millenium Celebration to leave once and for all

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I love Reflections of Earth and all the music and shows that came with the Millenium Celebraton but I think its finally time for all of it to go. Its not that I dont like it any more but it all ties in with eachother. The exit music is great but it doesnt match up to the park any more and its been 12 years since the Millenium Celebration. Illuminations still shows the puppets, the torches are still there Innoventions has half Millenium Celebration and some new. Dont get me wrong, I loved the Millenium Celebration but now its like seeing Christmas Lights at the end of January. As sad as it is to leave I think its safe to say its time for everything from the Millunium Celebration to leave once and for all.

HMF

Illuminations is one of the most perfect shows ever created. There are no direct ties with the Millenium Celebration, it's about The Human Race, which is the theme of EPCOT. Don't give them any ideas.
Amen! All ROE needs is a tecnological upgrade and a few new effects. We Go On and Promise should be re-recorded to remove the Millennium-specific "Thousand circles round the sun" lyric and it's perfect.

Tip Top Club

A thousand years isn't only important at the Millennium. It's a significant chunk of time. It's close to perfect. Leave it. Give us a New Night Parade at MK, and A New Dragon for Fantasmic before you even THINK about MAYBE getting some new fountains for this show (the only plus I think it needs)...

George Lucas on a Bench

I say aim smaller and remove the tarps, which make me think of some sort of quasi-futuristic flea market. Then tackle the graveyard. Then at least the Future World can be reverted back to a more classic state. World Showcase and lagoon can be left alone for a while until they fix the front of the park. Illuminations is still good.

rufio

A thousand years isn't only important at the Millennium. It's a significant chunk of time. It's close to perfect. Leave it. Give us a New Night Parade at MK, and A New Dragon for Fantasmic before you even THINK about MAYBE getting some new fountains for this show (the only plus I think it needs)...

^ agreed.

wiigirl

The history of the Earth. Tweak it, plus it, but spend the money on Fant! first.

I wouldn't mind the History of the Earth tweeked also...
75.gif

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I would like a new Illuminations as well. Reflections of EArth is okay, but I liked the music of the old show 100 times better.

Father Robinson

There is nothing I love more in WDW than ROE and walking out to the TON music. The closest thing to perfection I can imagine. I've said it a thousand times before, ROE is a perfect show for EPCOT. Any change to the story line and music would have extremely negative feelings from those of us that have a strong emotional connection to the show. Many of us don't care or even realize that it is a former peice of the Millennium Celebration, LEAVE IT ALONE!! How is it that it needs a change?!!! I'm so sick of hearing that the show needs this, it needs that, it needs change... Tell me where else in WDW you can enjoy a show in-the-round that has more effects, better original music, and an original story that has nothing, NOTHING to do with Disney, yet couldn't be more Disney!!!! Have you been on JII?? Don't you think Fantasmic! could use a little tlc?? It ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

luv

The ball part bores me and I'd like them them to make the fireworks as good as they used to be...but overall, I like RoE and enjoy hearing the ToN music afterwards.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hopefully the supply issues will be resolved soon too.

But I've said it before. I'll say it again. GET BETTER LASERS! They were better in 1988!

tare

I don't like illuminations anyway--I think it's a waste of time unless its the Christmas illuminations!!

Goofyernmost

I liked the wand. Looked good and wound up fan boys, double bubble.

I did like it as well. I hated the stars or pixie dust (whatever) that they attached to SSE though. That made it look cheesy. I felt that the wand and Mickey hand tied Epcot in with MK and helped to get people to realize that WDW was one big place all under the same hand. I also lightened the spirit of Epcot a little and made it less of a tuition charging informational park and made it look like more fun. In my mind, sometimes making changes adds new life to something. Now for the Big Ugly Hat in DHS...I don't really object to that either, I just object to it's location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom