I think I might be done with WDW.

MuteSuperstar

Awesome! I hope a few more of you complainers will decide to not go anymore as well! Maybe it'll balance out the ever increasing crowds a bit for us.

A sentiment I see expressed often here. As we are often told, those of us who think the product isn't worth it anymore are an infinitesimal speck compared to the throngs who just can't get enough. So unfortunately I don't think the parks will be any less crowded for you for the foreseeable future.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A sentiment I see expressed often here. As we are often told, those of us who think the product isn't worth it anymore are an infinitesimal speck compared to the throngs who just can't get enough. So unfortunately I don't think the parks will be any less crowded for you for the foreseeable future.

The defenders who can't stomach any descension know full well that you have a point...they're lying to themselves and many people that both do and don't know better

...and it's so low rent to not have the pouty face on anything disney does or doesn't do.

Last edited:

joejccva71

The wait times are going to be insane once TSL and SWL come out. Right now Pandora is making all the parks wait times go up because of the increased amount of people coming to see that attraction.

DW will do their statistics and do more FP's to coincide with the increased wait times.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The wait times are going to be insane once TSL and SWL come out. Right now Pandora is making all the parks wait times go up because of the increased amount of people coming to see that attraction.

DW will do their statistics and do more FP's to coincide with the increased wait times.

Fastpass still comes down to a numbers game.

From what I saw - in mid February - fast pass is stretched to the limit already.

Here's how it plays...long waits/queues for fast pass booked 30-60 days in advance...very short "stand by" lines with 2-3 hour waits.

I'm not talking flight of passage, though it had it...I'm talking RNR, space, mine train, test track...and about 8 others just below 2 hours.

What's happening?

They have already increased the fastpass because they can't handle what they have BEFORE the new stuff comes. So the fastpass has become the "regular line" and nobody in the standby from 9:30 am to 9 pm is allowed to move.

That's all 4 parks...now. I know how operations looks and that's what's going on.

They have horribly underbuilt toy story...very popular ip, kid friendly...with small low capacity rides.

And Star Wars? Even worse...

They let the exit ramps off the Santa Ana dictate the size of what needed to be built in Orlando!!!

That is a catastrophic mistake...has anyone been able to confirm if iger has ever - in fact - been to wdw?
Were his eyes open?

...I don't want to be an alarmist...but this looks really bad up ahead.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why do you say Star Wars even worse?
Enlighten me.

Well I personally think disney has turned full heel in its management of Star Wars...but it's still the biggest entertainment thing since sliced wonder bread...

They again are building two rides and scenery...like toy story and avatar...and that's not gonna cut it for a park that is the smallest capacity as is and never was built to handle 10 mil plus visitors...

It's gonna be under assault in 18 months...and the decision to build "indentical lands" for a landlocked park with a regional clientele...as compared to an unlimited space one that is more of an international location, to save costs, never made sense from the start.

It's not a good thing.

21stamps

There's a term for those that live in the present with no regard for the future:

"Not incredibly bright"

I think you should read the comment again. Unless “not living in the past” has suddenly taken on the meaning of “never looks to the future”.

I don’t write in invisible ink, no need to insert words that aren’t shown on the page. :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think you should read the comment again. Unless “not living in the past” has suddenly taken on the meaning of “never looks to the future”.

I don’t write in invisible ink, no need to insert words that aren’t shown on the page. :)

Past is prologue :cool:

Sorry...that's my brain lapse.

I do think that those that say "it's not like it used to be" are really indicating their concern for the future direction in most cases...it just manifests as longing of the past.

Nobody wants a ridiculously high priced, limited experience...and that unfortunately is the trend.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

Why do you say Star Wars even worse?
Enlighten me.
I have wanted a star wars land at disney for 35yrs. But @Sirwalterraleigh is right on. I'm sure the land is going to look epic and the rides will be good. But you can't build a land with an ip that popular, with so little capacity. Maybe if the park wasn't the grand embarrassment that it is, and it was a full park to begin with, you could start with this plan. But as it stands, this area will be obscenely lacking capacity in a park that so desperately needs extra capacity.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have wanted a star wars land at disney for 35yrs. But @Sirwalterraleigh is right on. I'm sure the land is going to look epic and the rides will be good. But you can't build a land with an ip that popular, with so little capacity. Maybe if the park wasn't the grand embarrassment that it is, and it was a full park to begin with, you could start with this plan. But as it stands, this area will be obscenely lacking capacity in a park that so desperately needs extra capacity.

You and me both...LOVE the name...by the way :D

Dutch Inn '76

LOL. It was a joke. :rolleyes:

...all except for the part about the product not being "worth it anymore." The only way the product has appreciably changed in the past few years is the fact that it is a bit more inaccessible because of the crowds. Epcot & HS have both been seriously handicapped for at least 20 years. I'm glad they're finally addressing them both.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LOL. It was a joke. :rolleyes:

...all except for the part about the product not being "worth it anymore." The only way the product has appreciably changed in the past few years is the fact that it is a bit more inaccessible because of the crowds. Epcot & HS have both been seriously handicapped for at least 20 years. I'm glad they're finally addressing them both.

I would say that MGM and dak were both underbuilt from day one and never committed to being built out...and Epcot was allowed to decay due to boo hoo-ing over the end of sponsorship.

Both are complete management failures by 2 guys...I'll give you full credit if you can guess them.

TheDuke

That expansion are two small, low capacity rides. It's only gonna make it worse. It's really apparent if you're in that park these days. They have longterm problems there without massive expansion.

HS is the worst park and will remain so for quite some time. There's just not enough to do, and since they have a couple big ticket attractions the only way to do anything is with FP. The only way to do it is to get a few FPs and spend the rest of your day at other parks, but I'd rather get FPs for the park where I'm spending the bulk of my day.

Closing GMR makes even less sense in hindsight. They could have at least waited till Toy Story and even SW was open to retheme it just to keep it around as something extra to do with good capacity.

TheDuke

I don't understand the comparisons to Universal. We went for 2 days in October before heading to Disney. My park tickets cost more then my disney tickets cost, the wait times were much higher at Universal then Disney. Crowds were the same, food was not as good, customer service was not as good. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time and we're hoping to do a couple more days this year, if we can, but I don't understand when I hear people compare the two and say that Disney should look to Universal. They're both great fun places, but they are both luxury items and priced that way.

Don't go to Universal often, it's fun when I do, but it's certainly not Disney. Rides, food, service, and theming (with the exception of WW) are just not on the same level.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't go to Universal often, it's fun when I do, but it's certainly not Disney. Rides, food, service, and theming (with the exception of WW) are just not on the same level.

While I agree...all of what you listed is because of the decisions and hard work of mostly dead men and women at this point...

...the management of universal the last 15 years has been so much better in comparison...with the other having a fundamental misunderstanding of why wdw worked from 1971-2000 the way it did. It's reputation is what it is because it was built with forethought. That's over now...it won't be regained unless they expand through a large recession/drop in attendance. It would have to be a really dedicated grind/damn the stock price.

...so it's not happening.

It's very depressing in the macro sense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Attachments

• IMG_7841.JPG
    IMG_7841.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 66

John park hopper

Having gone to WDW pretty much when it opened and all through the 70's, 80's, and 90's we did not go back until 2017 17 year break due to sons were interested in other vacations --snow sking. beach vacations and girls. I can say we noticed a big change in WDW some for the better and some for the worse. I was sad to see how EPCOT and the HS had become a shell of what I remembered. I was disappointed that many of the attractions had changed (Universe of Energy) or were simply gone (Mr Toads Wild Ride, AE, Back Lot to name a few) MK main street changed IMO not for the better. Some new additions were great- Soarin for one. The biggest shock was the cost and the crowds (wait times), resturants now exclusive to character meals (increased cost) and the amount of things closed due to construction. Things seem to be based on established ideas SW, TS etc the imagination and original ideas are gone Guess it's a good thing business wise. My sons vacation else where even though they went to WDW often. Am I done with WDW completley probably not but my expectations have been lowered thus I vacation elsewhere before considering Disney

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom