I seemed to remember a scene in Spaceship Earth different. Was it?

musketeer

Original Poster
Thinking about the scene in spaceship earth where there are two boats next to each other with people talking. I seem to remember the last time I rode it (a little over 2 years ago) that both boats were swaying along with the waves i guess. Three weeks ago when I rode it (first time with my kids), I happened to notice no such relative movement. Am I crazy in remembering different?

I'm not sure why it sticks out in my head so much.

MarkTwain

You're remembering correctly. I remember being very impressed at how the Imagineers apparently got such complex human AAs to work on moving platforms. I noticed they weren't working when we went after Christmas. Hopefully they'll be working again soon...

EPCOT.nut

The Phoenicians? We have to thank them! :lol: I hope they get them moving again, too. It was cooler when it was a working scene.

DarthGrady

One thread on the SSE Rome scene missing it's smokey scent, another on the broken Phoenician boats. Apparently it's business as usual at WDW. :mad:

Disney is such a hypocritical company. You always hear about their -retentive obsession with everything being up to "Disney standards" and putting their best foot forward at all times. So when I constantly read threads about broken Yetis, broken Phoenicians and missing special effects I just have to laugh.

My wife toured one of the Disney Cruise Line ships (she's a travel agent), and couldn't photograph an area because it had a wet floor sign in it. The tour leader said it wasn't "Disney ready". Give me a break. The Imagination pavilion hasn't been "Disney ready" since 1998 and none of the brass seem to care. UOE and TT are almost comically outdated at this point, and again, no one cares. And that's just EPCOT!

jl3283

I've never been on this ride, the line is always so long. If they have fastpass, maybe I'll try it next time I go but I just don't find anything worth doing there besides Test Track.

celluloid

I've never been on this ride, the line is always so long. If they have fastpass, maybe I'll try it next time I go but I just don't find anything worth doing there besides Test Track.

Agreed. That would be splendid if it got Fastpass. Another thing to consider would be if Journey Into Imagination got Fastpass as well as Nemo and friends. I can't stand having to wait for that multiple theater group for Captain EO only to find that the lines for Nemo and Journey Into Imagination are as long as Spaceship Earth's half day waits.

The MadHatter

Agreed. That would be splendid if it got Fastpass. Another thing to consider would be if Journey Into Imagination got Fastpass as well as Nemo and friends. I can't stand having to wait for that multiple theater group for Captain EO only to find that the lines for Nemo and Journey Into Imagination are as long as Spaceship Earth's half day waits.

lolol!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Broaden your mind. Try one of WEDs crowning achievements.

The lines always move fast.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Are you guys going to Epcot solely on NYE and 4th of July? I spend about 10-12 days a year in Epcot and even during peak season the waits on SSE. Imagination and Nemo never exceed 20 minuets. For SSE to have even a 1 hour wait would require there being more than 2000 people in line. The entire queue holds only a few hundred.

musketeer

Original Poster
Are you guys going to Epcot solely on NYE and 4th of July? I spend about 10-12 days a year in Epcot and even during peak season the waits on SSE. Imagination and Nemo never exceed 20 minuets. For SSE to have even a 1 hour wait would require there being more than 2000 people in line. The entire queue holds only a few hundred.

Agreed. Spaceship Earth is almost always a great go-to ride for a short wait. I think I've had to wait 20 minutes one time in the past several years. And I can only go during peak summertime or christmas time.

Samething with Nemo.

joannecasey

I was also thinking along the same lines about a ride ... but about POTC. For some reason my husband and I both seem to remember the scene where the pirate ship is "shooting out cannons" diffirently than when we were there years ago.

For some reason we had in our heads that when you hit that part of the ride, that there were a lot of stars in the sky ... really making it look like you were out in the middle of the ocean and staring up at the sky.

Is this the way it used to be, or perhaps my hubby and I have conjured this up in our heads ??

sweetpee_1993

One of the many effects across property that most likely broke and WDW maintenance is too lazy and cheap to fix.

I think prob'ly maintenance would love to have the funds, supplies, and personnel to do things right like back in the day. I think the bean counters are the responsible party we'd all like to flog publicly.
:D

One thread on the SSE Rome scene missing it's smokey scent, another on the broken Phoenician boats. Apparently it's business as usual at WDW. :mad:

Disney is such a hypocritical company. You always hear about their -retentive obsession with everything being up to "Disney standards" and putting their best foot forward at all times. So when I constantly read threads about broken Yetis, broken Phoenicians and missing special effects I just have to laugh.

My wife toured one of the Disney Cruise Line ships (she's a travel agent), and couldn't photograph an area because it had a wet floor sign in it. The tour leader said it wasn't "Disney ready". Give me a break. The Imagination pavilion hasn't been "Disney ready" since 1998 and none of the brass seem to care. UOE and TT are almost comically outdated at this point, and again, no one cares. And that's just EPCOT!

Agreed. Full of oxymorons indeed. The cruise line is a different entity from parks and WDW so kudos to them for attempting to maintain the higher show standards. I think the current TDO powers-that-be could learn a thing or 2 from the DCL peeps. I was reminded just how stark the show quality & service excellence contrast is in September when we went from WDW to DCL cruise back to WDW.

The Empress Lilly

SSE (almost) never has long waits from about one o'clock in the afternoon.

And bring back the scuplture in the fountain in front of SSE!
/ yes...random. But I miss that thing! :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom