I saw Figment!

Cliff

Anyone notice how far off the colors are on the 3D rendered Figment compared to the animatronic Figment?

The Computer version is almost all blue.

Did anyone see the "infrared" hidden Figment?

Posting a video of the ride tonight on the web.

CT : - )

thumper

My husband and I got to ride it on June 1, and it still isn't the same as the original (need to get rid of thei Channing guy). I did like the door right at the beginning of the ride that said "Dean Finder". Also, that Figment in the globe trying to hitch a ride...wasn't that part of the original ride?

In my opinion, even the Imageworks area is lame compared to the one that was located upstairs ( with the rainbow tunnel!).

The only neat thing we saw that day was they were selling a special artist sketch/print. It was a drawing of Figment and it said on top "Figment is Back", along with the date. It was cute, but not for $85.

Luau Cove

I really don't understand why they are so stubborn in linking both "Honey I Sh..." and "Journey Into Imagination". I know they are on the same building, but is THE LAND based all around FOOD ROCKS or is Wonders of Life all about Cranium Command? NO! So why does this pavillion needs to be linked by THE %$#& INSTITUTE?!?

-->LUAU

Castle Cake Apologist

Originally posted by Luau Cove
I really don't understand why they are so stubborn in linking both "Honey I Sh..." and "Journey Into Imagination". I know they are on the same building, but is THE LAND based all around FOOD ROCKS or is Wonders of Life all about Cranium Command? NO! So why does this pavillion needs to be linked by THE %$#& INSTITUTE?!?

-->LUAU

Shhhh! Hold your thoughs in and watch Grizzlyhall's video (See the lyrics thread for details) it's a GREAT ride!

-Jake

woofboy111

Back to the subject of weather Nigel Channens created figment...In the second version of the ride, in the preshow, he said he has a "figment of his imagination" that he can't get rid of, and figment would pop up...Is this saying he invented figment?

woofboy111

I just watched the video, and I love it compared to their last try. Can't wait to see it in person. I don't like figment's voice though. It sounds too different from the old figment, and I would expect better animatronics from disney, but the ride looks great anyway. I love the new song...

woofboy111

I know there the same ones, but I was thinking they could update them a little for the new ride. When they have SIR at alien encounter, those figments seem a little outdated coming from the same place.

MKCustodial

Well, I just watched the video, and it's obviously better than the first rehab. But, at least from here, the original seems better. Of course, it's great to see Figment back, even though his voice sounded odd. Oh, and "One Little Spark I" is better than this one too. All in all, I believe this won't be a "skipable" ride like the other one sure was.

BNCordeiro

The thing I think we need to remember is, no matter how much we loved & preferred the original.....it's gone & will never come back. Maybe we can still lobby for a return of the Dreamfinder and even the removal of Dr. Nigel Channing....but we need to realize that we can only deal with the hear & now. that being the case, we've won the battle...and the war. Lets enjoy the return of Figment.

Here's hoping that in Heaven, the original JII exists! =)

TinkerBell9988

Hey, I finally got the video to work! Yay! I was extremely impressed, I expected something that was not as much "Figment" as they said there was gonna be. Anyway, I'm pleased, but I miss Dreamfinder.

Hey, Figment's voice is a little annoying! Who does the voice? I preferred the late Bill Barty's over the new one...

The new song: its cute, but the original is 10 times better...

Those are my main opinions on the ride. The last scene is my favorite!!! Those Figments are so cute.... :kiss:

Well, at least we have Figgy back, plus a better attraction...

Cliff

I spoke to the head managing Imagineer for this project. ( Kevin something)

He was super cool. He told me that they used a guy from the "Muppets"...If I remember right, it's the guy that does "Gonzo"!!!

Actually the guy DOES have a very colorfull voice. In some ways, he has MORE expression that good old Billy ( RIP ) used to have.

Check my new thread tonight for pix of a hidden "Infrared" Figment that I noticed with my Sony filming in "Nightshot" mode!!

CT : - )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom