I need to tap into you guys infinite wisdom again!!!!

duck_daddy

O.K. so heres the deal, next April I am planning to take my family to the World. I was planning on a moderate for 6 nights and having a good chunk of change to lay down on meals, toys and such. :p However, whilst on Disney.com last night my wonderful wife discovered the world of Luxury resorts and is absolutely awed by The Beach Club and those sorts. :cry: There will be 5 of us going, Me, my wife and our three children. Now this is where you come in. The only moderate that will sleep 5 is POR right? If so would it be worth it for me to go up to the luxury? Obviously this would save me a whole lotta nagging from the Mrs.!:lookaroun Thanks in advance for the help!:wave:

LVROFDSNY

If you have the money...then splurge. It is a Disney Vacation so it will be wonderful wherever you stay. If money is an issue stay at a moderate...how much time will you spend in the room?

Upvote 0

brertigger

Yes, the only moderate that will allow 5 guests is POR. It will be awfully tight though (with the rollaway in the room). It would probably be worth it to upgrade to the Deluxe. I have not stayed at the Beach Club, but did stay at the Yacht Club. It is beautiful and the rooms are a lot bigger. (The do have an amazing pool the Yacht and Beach Club shares).

One idea, you might want to look into renting DVC points. You might be able to get the deluxe for the price of the moderate (or maybe even less).

Upvote 0

duck_daddy

Original Poster
Well this will be our longest stay to date. As well as our first trip in three years and this could be our last for a while as I am in school and will hopefully start Med school in the next 3-4 years! Also comfort in a must because we have little ones(ages 2,4 and 7). Knowing that this could be our last trip for a while I want to make it memorable. My dilema is, due I go all out on the resort, which limits our in the park spending, or go moderate and blow it all in the parks?

Upvote 0

duck_daddy

Original Poster
brertigger said:
Yes, the only moderate that will allow 5 guests is POR. It will be awfully tight though (with the rollaway in the room). It would probably be worth it to upgrade to the Deluxe. I have not stayed at the Beach Club, but did stay at the Yacht Club. It is beautiful and the rooms are a lot bigger. (The do have an amazing pool the Yacht and Beach Club shares).

One idea, you might want to look into renting DVC points. You might be able to get the deluxe for the price of the moderate (or maybe even less).
How do I go about this!

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Beach Club

The pool is amazing at the Beach Club, but the downside is the only quick place to grab a bite to eat is Beaches and Cream, the ice cream shop, which also has food like hamburgers, etc, but it is table-waited, is fairly small, and there is always a wait. There is no food court like in the moderates, or snack shop (like Captain Cook's at the Polynesian) , which can be difficult with the kids. The pool though is a mini-water park in itself, so it's a tradeoff. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Wilderness Lodge is the most inexpensive of the Deluxe, it is less per night than the Beach Club, and the lobby is amazing, the theming fun, the pool is great, it is on the lake where there are water activities like water mice (small two-person "speed" boats). It is not on the monorail but you can take a ferry boat to the Magic Kingdom or to the Contemporary where you can catch the monorail. There is a snack shop here, Roaring Forks, where you can order food and take it to a small sit-down area, so no wait staff. A lot of "bang for the buck" at Wilderness Lodge!

Upvote 0

papa-d

Actually, POR you don't need a rollaround. Some of the rooms are equipped with trundle beds that pull out from under one of the double beds in the room, but it still puts a bit of a cramp on space.

Upvote 0

brertigger

papa-d said:
Actually, POR you don't need a rollaround. Some of the rooms are equipped with trundle beds that pull out from under one of the double beds in the room, but it still puts a bit of a cramp on space.
Ah, I forgot about the trundle beds! Thank you!

Upvote 0

cdunbar

Well you can go either way. I always stay at the Deluxe resorts b/c I have the abilty to and plus I like the idea of having the monorail. But you can go about the DVC idea. But I know that the polynesian and contemporary do have the 2 queen beds, and the day bed. Last yr I was in the same place as you I wanted one last summer trip went to disney with my friend, dad, mom and niece and let me tell you that 4 women in one bathroom was not pretty but none the less your children are quite young and you wouldnt encounter this problem so a deluxe resort could save you money or cost ya more which I dunno you just gotta sit down and price umm out plus check allears for discounts! The beds in deluxe rooms are so so so NIIIIIICCCCEEE!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

well having stayed at both, I would have to say the biggest deciding factor I would think is money. Beach Club is really quite expensive (Along with the Yacht Club and Boardwalk which are all right in the same area) PO Riverside is more than half off of what the Beach Club is at most times of the year. I loved the location of the Beach Club as EPCOT and MGM Are my favorite parks, the decor was nice and the atmosphere was good. I actually didnt care for the Stormalong Bay area as the sand bottom part of the pool felt weird on my feet.
As far as Riverside goes I think this is the nicest of the Moderates!!! I love the layout, the decor is great, the landscaping is awesome and Boatwright's is just amazing!!!
Either way you are in Disney and it will be a great time. Personally, Id stay at Riverside and have more money for nicer meals etc. Belle

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Try the All Star value suites, they accomodate 5 people and are not too much money. The family and I tried toget in there but because it was last minute there were none available. From what I've seen of them in pictures they are quite roomy with a little fridge and sink. check into them they might surprise you and save you cash!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Craig & Lisa said:
Try the All Star value suites, they accomodate 5 people and are not too much money. The family and I tried toget in there but because it was last minute there were none available. From what I've seen of them in pictures they are quite roomy with a little fridge and sink. check into them they might surprise you and save you cash!!
And the bonus there is that they have two bathrooms!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

ryguy

The polynesian is roughly the same price as the beach club and has some of the biggest rooms on property. Plus the Polynesian will have just finished refurbishing all their rooms, which is a big plus. For a good website on the polynesian go to www.tikiman2001.homestead.com that should help you with your decision. Have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
ryguy said:
The polynesian is roughly the same price as the beach club and has some of the biggest rooms on property. Plus the Polynesian will have just finished refurbishing all their rooms, which is a big plus. For a good website on the polynesian go to www.tikiman2001.homestead.com that should help you with your decision. Have a great trip!!

This is exactly what I was going to say. The rooms at the Poly are huge and have a really comfy daybed in addition to the two regular beds. The kids will LOOOOVE the volcano pool. You and your family can watch Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant (a really cool perk of being a 7 Seas Lagoon resort) from the beach. You can hop the monorail and be at the MK in MINUTES! The resort has a really decent food court so you can quickly grab food in the AM with the kiddies. I think your wife would probably find it really relaxing and romantic too. The resort also has a very nice arcade that I am sure the kids would be more than willing to spend your money in. Check out TikiMan's site.

The prices are similar to the Beach Club, but more convenient in my opinion. Wilderness Lodge, as someone else mentioned, will give you the biggest Deluxe bang for your buck. The rooms are smaller tho so you might find 4 1/2(I dont count the 2 year old as a whole since they dont take up nearly as much space:lol: )people in there kinda crowded.

What ever you choose, you will be happy. Have a great time and write us a nice trip report when ya get back! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom