I need to take a quick moment to freak out...

Kaseys412

Original Poster
We leave for Disney in 9 days, well the 10 day forecast for orlando is thunderstorms with a high of 78.. we'll only be there for 4 nights and they're calling for RAIN?!?! Omg... I know I'm overreacting because I'm nervous and want everything to go smoothly... are 10 day forecasts usually accurate? Do rain showers in florida last alllllllll day like they do here in NY? Ugh.. I feel sick lol.. :(

slappy magoo

We leave for Disney in 9 days, well the 10 day forecast for orlando is thunderstorms with a high of 78.. we'll only be there for 4 nights and they're calling for RAIN?!?! Omg... I know I'm overreacting because I'm nervous and want everything to go smoothly... are 10 day forecasts usually accurate? Do rain showers in florida last alllllllll day like they do here in NY? Ugh.. I feel sick lol.. :(

No promises, but as it gets into summer, Florida thunderstorms tend to be severe-but-brief, a rolling 10 to 20-minute furious outburst is not uncommon. Pack ponchos and sandals, I don't know if you'd be comfortable wearing man-type bathing suit bottoms, like jams, but if you do, wear 'em. And if it rains, if at all possible, try to stay in the parks. A lot of people tend to split, meaning that when it ends, there's a lot of hassle free touring.

sueuk

When we've been the rainstorms don't last long and as soon as they stop, the ground dries up with the heat. If it rains - put on ponchos and carry on as if it wasn't raining :animwink: or go into a show or restaurant, It honestly doesn't spoil the holiday.

Atomicmickey

Let me add this--when I have been in WDW and it's been
raining, we've had a blast. Lines disappear, you can ride
your favorites over and over!
And the rain comes and goes, so it hasn't been that bad, for me.
Enjoy!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
10 day forecasts in Florida are as accurate as a $2 watch that has gone the the washing machine and dryer. You can not control the weather so worrying about it is futile. You time is better served preparing for it. As others have said as it gets hotter mid day thunderstorms are pretty common and pretty quick. The good news about this summer weather is that the average family runs for the hills when it rains. If you wait it out a considerably less crowded park will be your reward. Go to wal-mart and pick up a few cheep ponchos and/or some compact umbrellas. If at all possible wear sandals or flip flops or carry a second set of shoes and socks. Wear light clothing that dries quickly.

Lucky

Forecasts 9 days out are almost meaningless. I'd wait a few days before paying any attention to it. And the scattered thunderstorms with a 20 or 30% chance of rain is typical.

Some rain would actually be good for them locally. They've been in a drought.

David

We've been when it has rained almost every day and it really is no problem. Nothing you can do about it, anyway. Just enjoy your time at WDW! And as others have posted, a LOT can happen in 9 days.

JWG

Rain becomes a near daily occurrence as summer comes in FL. I think it's rained on most days of our summer trips. BUT, the rain always feels nice in the FL heat and only lasts a brief period of time.

Be ready for the occasional shower and enjoy the smaller crowds it will generate.

iKat

Don't worry about the rain and thunderstorms - it rains/thunders just about everyday around 3 in the summer in Orlando. Most of the time it only lasts for about 20 minutes or so, and it really thins the parks out.

I do like the sound of 78 though... it's been 95 the past few days, and even being a Floridian, it's been too hot!

Kaseys412

Original Poster
LOL sounds good... off to grab some ponchos! I do recall a few years back I was in Palmetto toward the end of April, and the rain would POUR, but be done with in 10-15 minutes and then it was bright and sunny again :lol:

eddiemcgarrigle

A few years back I was at the World for three weeks in June and it rained practically non-stop every day. I didn't let it ruin my break though and took in everything I possibly could and adjusted my park visits to being there very early in order to access the rides before they closed due to the weather.

It hasn't put me off although I now holiday in May when the chance of rain is only half as much as in June. Don't get so stressed if it rains, just enjoy those attractions that are still open.

KeeKee

Don't let the forcasts worry you. That can change in an instant. We've lived here 29 years, and there are very few all-day rains. Usually an hour or two at most then it's over. It cools the weather down and is usually quite pleasant afterwards.

celticdog

Every weather forcast is as only good as the next update.

Most weather forcasts are only accurate out to 48 hours. After that it's a coin toss.

wdwfan100

Heck sometimes one day forcasts are not very reliable. Rain or no rain. The trip to WDW can still be a blast. Ponchos rule.

raven

I'll just add that we haven't had a good hard rain in months here (hence the wild fires in Central Florida). So rain is actually a good forecast to hear right now.

TURKEY

I'll just add that we haven't had a good hard rain in months here (hence the wild fires in Central Florida). So rain is actually a good forecast to hear right now.

Absolutely. I'd love to have rain and temps back in the 70s rather than the 4 or 5 days now of setting record highs in the 90s.

Disney05

Being a pilot, I can't tell you how inaccurate forecasts are. 10 day outlooks are just a joke. You're lucky if tomorrows forecast is correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom