I need to take a quick moment to freak out...

Raven66

When my husband, daughter and I went this past Dec. It was overcast a lot of the time. One day the rain just came down hard. We didn't even wear ponchos. It was one of the best days we had. The only down part was my really good camera my hubby just got me. But it survived. But everyone ran inside stores and got on buses but we were running thru puddles and lines were non exsistent.

Just make it fun. And have a great time!!:wave:

sarah91182

Florida forecasts, especially as we approach summer, are very sporadic. And local forecasters are even less accountable! Afternoon showers are like clockwork, starting between 2-3 around Disney. They typically hit downtown Orlando between 3-4. They usually sputter out in an hour. I live here and have gone to the parks in a spritz with sporadically heavier rainfall. It tends to keep locals away. Even in the rain, make the most of your vacation! It's planned, now just adjust for the weather. Ponchos, as uncomfortable as they can be, especially in humidity, work. There are people in ponchos braving the weather, but so many huddle under the nearest shelter until the bad stuff is over. If you're not keen on ponchos, rent a locker and keep a change of clothes in it so after the rain has cleared, you can change clothes and be dry. Just don't worry about the rain, and take the trip in stride. It makes coping with inclement weather that much easier! Hope you have a great time, and the weather is better than anticipated! :wave:

a2grafix

Yeah, I can attest to the rain, but at least you will be going before "Hurricane Season." I had a blast during my August trip and week-long date with Tropical Storm Faye. Even though it rained and rained for four days straight, I still had a blast.

I was impressed at all the little kids and big kids (like myself) splish sploshing through huge shin-high puddles along the Frontierland promenade during Faye's last outburst. See how she cleared out Main Street at atound 7p.m. on a Thursday --

184faycinderella.JPG

disney4life2008

I was at Animal Kingdom in January and it started raining about 1pm. By 2pm, every ride in the park was walk on. I actually liked rain at AK- it actually added to the rainforrest feel and EVERY animal was out in the park.

I least like MK and Epcot on rainy days as I like bright pictures.

I will be there next week as well, I am a little worried. But its not going to ruin my vacation. I will have my rain poncho, hoody and backpack!

erstwo

You don't say if you have kids or not, but if you do, just throw an extra poncho or two in your backpack and you'll be fine!

You can just put one (preferably a clear one so your kiddos can see!) over the stroller and you'll be good to go! The clear ones from the Dollar Store work best. I get them here for 2 for $1.

Have a great trip!

I'm leaving on Wednesday the 13th and see the forecast shows lower 90s as the highs.

a2grafix I was also there during Tropical Storm Faye at the end of August - I personally thought it ruined our trip (which is why we're going again so soon). I don't mind some rain, but when it downpours day and night it kind of takes away from the whole point of the parks - the atmosphere.

I love walking around the parks at night, but Faye put an end to that for sure with the exception of a few short periods of time. I bought a Disney and USF poncho last trip.. I personally hated them.

The "adult" Disney poncho hood is super tight and about chokes you.. so I tore it down a bit. What happens? It then tore all the way down the front so I had to buy a new poncho. Also I wear cargo shorts and the poncho stopped about half foot short so the bottom of my shorts were always soaked. The 2nd to last day I discovered the "Disney Parks" umbrella and actually liked this alot more. No hot humid plastic stuck to your skin, just have to carry it in your hand, and you actually will stay dry without having to take something on and off a thousand times.

Susan Savia

With typical hot and humid Florida weather, you got to expect T-storms. The good thing is, they don't usually last very long. :) Carry a poncho or a mini umbrella and keep on going or duck into an indoor attraction and most likely it will be over by time you come out.

The Mom

Premium Member
Yesterday, the forecast predicted thunderstorms and rain in the evening, continuing through the night, so I didn't water my flowers. (I hand water them) Guess what I have to do this morning? :lol:

BrennaRN

It's about like everyone says..........It's Florida. The constant forecast is 84-95 degrees with chance of thunderstorms! Just grab a poncho and have fun regardless of the weather. I've worn a poncho for an entire week and still had a blast. Have fun and enjoy yourself. I'll be down there in 12 days and my poncho is already packed!

bjlc57

AK in the rain..

we were at AK and it rained when it opened.. so we were "stuck' riding the Kali rapids ride FOUR TIMES IN A ROW WITHOUT WAITING IN LINE. and doing the safari ride twice if not three times. Pray for rain. it will be warm.. and you get the park for your self..

Lucky

We were at AK for a very crowded evening EMH a couple of years ago when it started pouring buckets. We went to Pizzafari's, where I figured we'd run into hundreds of others with the same thought of eating and waiting out the rain. But no one was there. Everyone left the park. It stopped raining and we had an empty park to play in for 3 hours.

The rainstorm basically worked like a Magic Fastpass.

disney4life2008

Well it looks like the weather is going to be gloomy, rainy and thunderstorms every day of my trip next week (except for when I am about to leave). Im sure it will be fine. I will pack my poncho and flip flops and have a great time.

Lucky

Well it looks like the weather is going to be gloomy, rainy and thunderstorms every day of my trip next week (except for when I am about to leave). Im sure it will be fine. I will pack my poncho and flip flops and have a great time.
40% chance of t-storms doesn't necessarily mean it will be cloudy all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom