I need some help with planning....

rickarenu91

We are planning a trip next summer. In the past (and we've only gone twice before) we have stayed at the BC. I would like to try to reduce the cost, as I know next summer the prices will only go up more. I love the pool area, as do my kids, and I love the proximity to EPCOT, we love to walk everywhere. But as I think about the cost of things I would like to reduce our cost and venture out a bit. This is what my "spoiled" DH wants......he likes being in "the best" hotels, he likes how close EPCOT is.....as he hates to ride busses......monorail is fine and boat is fine, but he wants to stay away from the busses as much as possible.

We have 3 kids, so there are 5 of us, that limits where we can stay with 5 at a "reasonable" cost. We have done the dining plan in the past, but he's not convinced it's going to be a good deal anymore since things have changed and he likes it "prepaid" and the whole tip thing and taking away the appetizer only convinced him more......did I mention he was spoiled?:ROFLOL:

Anyway.......I would LOVE some suggestions on where a good "reasonable" fun, close to parks place to stay at with 5 people. I am VERY open to suggestions, but need some help so I can start the planning process and save "some" money. I want to get him to spread his wings and not be so stuck on where to stay. I'm kinda bored with the BC, I do love it and the pool area is great.......however, the rooms this time around just didn't seem "magical" so maybe I need to stay somewhere else...I'm convinced....no help me do the convincing:animwink:

THANKS!

wvdisneyfamily

Here's my suggestion. Stay at the Wilderness Lodge. It is a cost-friendly deluxe. You can take the boat to the Magic Kingdom. The WL boat also stops at the Contemporary so you could monorail from there to the TTC and grab the monorail to Epcot (or catch the monorail at the MK and switch to the Epcot monorail at TTC). That would leave you using the bus system for the park formerly known as MGM and AK.
Here are the approximate times it takes to get to the parks from WL. This comes from PassPorter's.
MK - 8 minutes by boat
Epcot - 10 minutes by direct bus (nothing about monorailing)
MGM - 15 minutes by direct bus
AK - 15 minutes by direct bus
DTD - 25 minutes by direct bus

I hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

hmansion

Hey rickarenu91!

I second wvdisneyfamily's suggestion - Wilderness Lodge! The boat to the Contemporary and/or Magic Kingdom is an attraction in itself and connects you directly to the monorail. It's a deluxe resort, one short and fun boat ride away from the monorail, without the "monorail resort premium" you pay at the Polynesian, Contemporary and Grand Floridian. It is also, perhaps, the best themed resort at WDW - certainly tied for my favorite (with the Polynesian). It is loaded with Disney magic and will surely become a favorite! It has a great lounge (Territory Lounge), tons of fun hidden Mickeys to find, a great pool (with geyser!), and great food (Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Cafe). Just think twice before asking for the ketchup...

Busses are pretty much unavoidable for the water parks, Animal Kingdom and the Studios.

Upvote 0

smk

I vote Contemporary. It has large, newly re-modeled rooms, the day bed is very comfortable and the other beds are queen beds. It is within walking distance of MK and monorail to other parks, a boat launch takes you to FW for a movie and campfire or the WL for dinner or breakfast. The pools are big and water sports are available. Chef Mickeys is a popular character breakfast place and I have never heard or read a bad thing about the food served there. I would love to stay there again sometime , we stayed over Christmas many years ago when our kids were bigger (teens) and we had plenty of space in the rooms.

Upvote 0

eroyee

I vote WL or Polynesian. both have boats to ride and are deluxes. depends on the atmosphere you want. with 3 kids, the POLY would be nice to just jump on the monorail and go. If you went down to moderates, then I would recommend POR. we love the theming of that place so well. and they have a boat to DTD. If you went to the values, but probably not with the spoiled hubby, then I would totally recommend POP. Your kids would love it. Its so colorful and fun. go to allearsnet.com and check out all the resorts and read the reviews. maybe that will help.

Upvote 0

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
Have you considered going during the off season? I know I know a BIG NO NO with the school and teachers (I was a elementary teacher for 4 years) BUT if you'd like to stay with the deluxe resorts and still save money, go during the off season.

If thats not an option I agree with the others and go to allearsnet.com and look at all the resorts with hubby (since hes the picky.....I mean spoiled :) one) and check out the Mod's to see which one you like best. That is the site my friend (who is also picky.......I mean spoiled) and I used to decide which resort we wanted to stay at first. Very detailed pictures and a lot of info on accomodations.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

How about a Villa at the BoardWalk? The pool is awesome, theming incredible, and you're still in his desired area. Also, a villa has tons of room and not as expensive as a suite, plus you'll have a full kitchen...saves some $ on breakfast, snacks, drinks etc. I must say, my DH is the same way as yours, but he does it not just for himself, but for us :kiss:. Last year we stayed at SSR in a 1br, although it was beautiful, we all missed BW. When we went there for dinner, I felt like crying:cry: Since you're used to BC area, you won't know what you're missing w/ the proximity until it's gone...trust me! :wave:
Try the Disney Dining Experience, it has saved us TONS of $$$

I also agree w/ allearsnet...Deb and her team rock!

Upvote 0

Disneybird

As much as I love the Wilderness Lodge, since there will be 5 of you, I'm not sure you could all stay in one room. It depends on the ages of the children and whether one is still in a crib.
The Contemporary is a great place to stay for 5 and within walking distance of the MK. It has a very different look and feel from the BC, but we really like staying there.

Upvote 0

rickarenu91

Original Poster
Thanks for advice!

Thank you for all of your suggestions......they are all great, and I will be sure to do some searching.......I have time. Someone asked if I would consider going during an off time, it's almost impossible with the kids in school. I have 2 teens, one starting high school and youngest is 10, so summer only works for us. Plus I have it stuck in my head that the only time to vacation is during the summer when it's steaming hot out.......just as I can't change my spoiled dh ways........neither can he change mine:) I did mention to him that maybe we could stay at POP, my friend stayed there many times and loves it.......and we could get 2 rooms which would almost be better, especially when dd thinks she needs to put makeup on and take over the mirror only to complain that it's melted all off from the heat.....LOL but dh thinks it's too far off the beaten path of where he likes to be......he loves to be able to just walk right out of BC and into Epcot, and it is nice, but I really would like to try to save some money this time around. I don't know much about the Disney Dining Experience, as someone had mentioned, so I'll have to do some searching on that as well and do some comparisons. The last time we went I booked with AAA and saved a little that way, and I will do that again. I am just really looking for a great themed place to stay that screams Disney but not go overboard on price........wait, what am I saying? We're talking Disney.....:brick::ROFLOL:Oh well, I can still dream right?

Thanks again....and I welcome anymore advice!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom