I Like What WDW Does On Birthdays

ThinkTink721

We visited WDW in June 2006 & we were there for my oldest son's 8th b-day.
We were pleasantly surprized when a b-day card arrived for him w/ a special b-day greeting & an autographed pic of Mickey & the gang.
On our most recent visit in Sept. 2008, my hubby celebrated a b-day & a b-day card w/ a special b-day greeting & an autographed pic of Mickey & the gang & some b-day balloons arrived.
It was a nice touch!
Thanks WDW!!!
:wave:

disneynut4u

It's the small things that Disney does that makes a trip worthwhile. On one of the trips we went on, it was my son's birthday. We got him a pin from Guest Relations. Everywhere we went, CMs singled him out..."Happy Birthday Dude", etc. He even got to pick the seats he wanted on some of the rides. At Pecos Bill's, the CM behind the counter gave him a piece of chocolate cake, (he pointed out that we didn't pay for it), then she yelled to the whole restaurant that it was his birthday, and then had everyone sing Happy Birthday to him. This happened the whole day. It made a great trip even better. He'll never forget it and neither will I.

Upvote 0

Cynderella

I love what they do for all occasions!! When we got engaged they gave us the pins, a certificate for 6 free pieces of fudge, a fast pass for our whole group and a free picture frame!! I couldn't believe it. And then on our honeymoon we came back to some balloons and a signed picture of Mickey and Minnie congratulating us. It's those things that make Disney trips so much more memorable than any others!!

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

We didn't get nearly that much and I was totally surprised by that fact. My son and I have the same birthday so I guess that I expected them to be shocked but I think perhaps it was just that no one believed me. Anyway, we did get sung to a few times but no balloons or anything like that. That said, we got a cute cupcake at our character dining and a card at one of them. Chef Mickey's gives out placemats as well.

Upvote 0

Candyland

I've been wondering about the "believing me" part myself.
We are going in Oct of 2009 for my 40th birthday (16th)
my daughters 5th birthday (17th) and my other daughters 6th birthday (24th). I figured I will take our birth certificates incase they don't believe us! ha!

Upvote 0

KC82271

We have done Chef Mickey's with an 8 year old one year and a 23 year old another year, and they really catered to the 8 year old. He got a certificate/card that the characters signed as well as a really cool cupcake they made him eat without touching it. The 23 year old - they dropped a cupcake off to the table and it was left for us to sing and have the fun. I so liked the other fun way!

Upvote 0

C.M.O

I've been wondering about the "believing me" part myself.
We are going in Oct of 2009 for my 40th birthday (16th)
my daughters 5th birthday (17th) and my other daughters 6th birthday (24th). I figured I will take our birth certificates incase they don't believe us! ha!

I think in order to get into the parks for free you need proof of your birthday anyway :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
The same for me on my bday and another on our honeymoon. It is such a nice touch. It is the little things that makes Disney so magical!!!

Upvote 0

lbrad

Hoping for something magical when we go in Nov. for our 20th wedding anniversary:) BUT won't expect it so as not to be dissappointed if we don't get that special "pixie dust treatment":shrug:

Upvote 0

jmcdougall

Hoping for something magical when we go in Nov. for our 20th wedding anniversary:) BUT won't expect it so as not to be dissappointed if we don't get that special "pixie dust treatment":shrug:

We arrived on Sept 20, one day after my parents 60th wedding anniversary. It was also my Moms first visit to WDW. They gave them anniversary pins and my Mom a 1st visit pin. The next day some CMS showed up at their room with balloons and a card signed by Mickey wishing them Happy Anniversary.

My Mom was impressed with their attention to guests. It was a great trip. Janine

Upvote 0
We arrived on Sept 20, one day after my parents 60th wedding anniversary. It was also my Moms first visit to WDW. They gave them anniversary pins and my Mom a 1st visit pin. The next day some CMS showed up at their room with balloons and a card signed by Mickey wishing them Happy Anniversary.

I will be there next January to celebrate my parents' 40th wedding anniversary.
How and when did you let the CMs know about the anniversary?

Upvote 0

DISMOM

When we checked into the Wilderness Lodge, we told the CM that it was my son's birthday. Balloons and a signed card from Mickey were left in our room on his big day.
At Chief Mickey's, they had our birth dates and confirmed it was us as we checked in at our ressie time. The characters came over to our table and nodded to his signed place mat. I think that he also received a birthday cup cake.

Upvote 0
well this will be me and my boyfriends first visit to disney world feb 11-17!!! we want to take my nieces if we can come up with ebough money and it would be there christmas/ birthday present. there birthday's are jan 16th and jan 24th!!!! and we will be there during valentines day!!! do you think we will get anything cool?:shrug:

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

go to Guest relations at any park and you can get b-day buttons. We did this for my b-day last year, my husband's the year before and we also go 1st visit buttons from there for our son last year.

We are headed there for my husband's b-day and our 7th anniversary (back to where we began) and will pick up buttons for those occassions.

When we got married, it was at Wilderness Lodge and when we checked in, the CM asked if we stayed before and I said no we haven't. We are actually getting married there the next morning, she didn't even know weddings could take place there. She congratulated us and gave us 7th floor concierge level with a view of the castle.

Upvote 0

jmcdougall

I will be there next January to celebrate my parents' 40th wedding anniversary.
How and when did you let the CMs know about the anniversary?

I told them when we checked in at the Caribbean Beach Resort. They gave them the pins right then and I figured that was it. The next day the balloons and card showed up in their room.

We are going next October with them again. We have tried to go on someone's birthday but could not arrange it! Guess we'll have to forego the free admission for the birthday person.

Have a great trip. Janine

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom