Trip Report "I Know More About Disney Than You Two"

Hello!! Hello!! I'm heading back to the world in 16 days so my goal is to get this TR done before I go. I know, you probably don't have much faith in me--neither do I, frankly. But, "If you can dream it, you can do it", right? ;)

WHO:
IMG_0647.JPG

WHERE:

IMG_0299.JPEG

IMG_0229.JPEG

WHEN:
Wednesday, April 14th - Sunday, April 18th

THE TITLE:
The reason for our trip was b/c E wanted to be there on her birthday!! This would actually be the 2nd time she's been in Disney for it. So, obviously all along I figured that the title would have something to do with it. You know, "The Birthday Trip" or something original like that.🤣 I've mentioned in the past that I normally wait though until the end of the trip to decide what the title should be. On day 2 J made a comment to his mother & I that in our wildest dreams we couldn't have been prepared for. Right then & there E's birthday TR title was totally tossed from my mind & a new title was born!!

A sincere welcome to everyone reading!!

macefamily

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14TH

Originally this trip was going to be Thursday through Sunday. I was going to ask to work early on Thursday so I could catch a late flight out that night. I was going to use Friday & Saturday as my days off for that week then Sunday as one for the following week. When presenting it to my boss he asked me when my sister was going. She was originally going to go Thursday morning. He told me to use a personal day for Thursday. That meant we would fly down Wednesday evening & have an extra Disney day!!:)

A few weeks before the trip I got notification that Southwest was moving our flight from 8pm to 7pm. Normally, I would be thrilled. I had planned on meeting E at her house as soon as I got done working at 4 & we were going to head to the airport right then. Now that the flight was an hour earlier I got concerned. The parkway heading towards the airport is a nightmare during rush hour traffic. Then, what if there was an accident on it? We would be doomed. I showed my boss the email regarding the flight change & he told me to leave at 3 instead!!

On the way to the airport I got the room ready text!!
View attachment 566960

Security was a breeze.
View attachment 566961

Well, thank goodness someone was open. The Pittsburgh airport is nothing short of a hot mess right now. Keep in mind it was about 4:45. It's hard to tell but Friday's was already closing for the day!!
View attachment 566962

As was McDonald's!!o_O Not that we wanted to eat there anyways!!
View attachment 566963

This was pretty much our only option. And not only ours--everyone else's that was in the airport also!! The people kept piling on in while we were there!!
View attachment 566964

Now, let me say that E & I weren't too keen on eating here. I guess you could say we're not typical Pittsburgher's. Fries & coleslaw on a sandwich--no thank you!! I think their sandwiches are gross.
View attachment 566965

We were glad to see they had more items than just what they're famous for!!
View attachment 566966

View attachment 566967

I got the turkey and bacon sandwich & was pleasantly surprised at how good it was!! I still don't care for their fries though--but at least they're on the side!!
View attachment 566968

What J has there is a ham & cheese. That is one of their traditional sandwiches. The only difference is that he got his fries & coleslaw on the side instead of on it.
View attachment 566969

I forgot what E had but she also enjoyed her food. We said we would definitely go back there again!!
C'mon now. Not like Primanti Bros ? You're blessed to be able to get a sandwich from there so easily. Love 'em.

BrerWayne

Hello!! Hello!! I'm heading back to the world in 16 days so my goal is to get this TR done before I go. I know, you probably don't have much faith in me--neither do I, frankly. But, "If you can dream it, you can do it", right? ;)

WHO:
View attachment 566775

WHERE:

View attachment 566774

View attachment 566773

WHEN:
Wednesday, April 14th - Sunday, April 18th

THE TITLE:
The reason for our trip was b/c E wanted to be there on her birthday!! This would actually be the 2nd time she's been in Disney for it. So, obviously all along I figured that the title would have something to do with it. You know, "The Birthday Trip" or something original like that.🤣 I've mentioned in the past that I normally wait though until the end of the trip to decide what the title should be. On day 2 J made a comment to his mother & I that in our wildest dreams we couldn't have been prepared for. Right then & there E's birthday TR title was totally tossed from my mind & a new title was born!!

A sincere welcome to everyone reading!!
Following along!!!

plaz10

Pittsburgher here! And not a huge primantis fan either 😬 I like the fries just not on my sandwich (on my salads YES). My husband loves them and luckily we live near a chain and not the original so I can get other menu items. Also still disappointed our airport is such a hot mess. We also grab Sarris all the time at the airport and I don’t know why when it’s readily available in grocery stores.

riverside

Original Poster
Did you happen to watch the new Law & Order: Organized Crime series about Stabler that debuted back in the spring?
I did but unfortunately I couldn't get into it. And wow--has Stabler aged or what?
Hopping on!
Glad to have you here!!
C'mon now. Not like Primanti Bros ? You're blessed to be able to get a sandwich from there so easily. Love 'em.
Not in the least. I've even tried one once years ago at 1:00 in the morning after being out all night(you know, like you're supposed to?). Still didn't get into it!! There's a company that will actually ship you the ingredients from them & you can make them yourself!!
Following along!!!
Welcome!! Glad you're here!!
tenor.gif

A little late, but definitely along for the adventure!
Love it!! Not late at all!!
Pittsburgher here! And not a huge primantis fan either 😬 I like the fries just not on my sandwich (on my salads YES). My husband loves them and luckily we live near a chain and not the original so I can get other menu items. Also still disappointed our airport is such a hot mess. We also grab Sarris all the time at the airport and I don’t know why when it’s readily available in grocery stores.
Glad to hear it's not just me!! Their other menu items are pretty good but the original:hungover:
I'm amazed at how many things are still closed there & how early so many places close. Our waitress at Primanti's said that there really is no set schedule right now. The restaurants pretty much open & close when they want!! What's that about??
I agree about Sarris!! I walk by the racks in Giant Eagle all the time & never think to buy it there!!

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14TH

No stroller this trip so J was on his own!!
IMG_0178.JPEG

We got our luggage rather quickly which was good b/c at that point it was 9:45.
IMG_0179.JPEG

There wasn't anyone else around.
IMG_0180.JPEG

J clowning around!!
IMG_0183.JPEG

In no time at all we were on the ME.
IMG_0184.JPEG

And had arrived for our first stay at OKW!!
IMG_0185.JPEG

We had a reservation at Olivia's the next day. We were excited to try something new!!
IMG_0186.JPEG

IMG_0187.JPEG

One of the MANY bus stops at OKW!!
IMG_0189.JPEG

Bell services had taken us via golf cart to our room. I was glad b/c it was dark & late and we had no clue where we were going. Plus, we also had groceries that E ordered online. We didn't have much but that would have been one more thing to drag along!!
IMG_0190.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14TH

I won't have much here in the lines of commentary but let me say that we were totally thrilled with our room!! We had a 1 bedroom villa & it was so nice!! It was HUGE!!
IMG_0191.JPEG

IMG_0192.JPEG

As much as we had enjoyed the 1 bedroom at Saratoga Springs in August last year we were absolutely floored with this one. The living room area was insanely big!!
IMG_0193.JPEG

There's the groceries!!
IMG_0194.JPEG

Too bad we weren't staying for a longer trip. We never got to take full advantage of it!!
IMG_0196.JPEG

IMG_0197.JPEG

IMG_0198.JPEG

IMG_0199.JPEG

IMG_0200.JPEG

IMG_0201.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14TH

The shower--at least it didn't leak like my last one at The Yacht Club!!
IMG_0202.JPEG

J clowning around again!!
IMG_0204.JPEG

IMG_0205.JPEG

The bedroom that E & J shared.
IMG_0208.JPEG

IMG_0209.JPEG

He had a lot of energy considering it was about 11:30 at that point!!
IMG_0210.JPEG

The door on the left took you out to the balcony area.
IMG_0211.JPEG

As did one coming from the dining area.
IMG_0212.JPEG

I always check out the drawers & cupboards to see what they have in them!!
IMG_0216.JPEG

IMG_0217.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14TH

I thought this light was cute!!
IMG_0219.JPEG

The tv in the living room area(that's where I slept) was almost too big for the room!!
IMG_0220.JPEG

I opened up the couch to get ready for bed. It was quite comfortable!!
IMG_0221.JPEG

No travel size toiletries there.
IMG_0222.JPEG

But we did have a working shower!! 🤣
IMG_0223.JPEG

And with that it was time to get ready for bed!!
IMG_0224.JPEG

Captain Barbossa

I did but unfortunately I couldn't get into it. And wow--has Stabler aged or what?
I missed the first couple of episodes, but I enjoyed the rest. I usually don’t care for shows that use one plot for an entire season, but for some reason I didn’t mind this one. However, it appears from the season finale that the plot is going to carryover to the next season, so I’ll see how that goes. But anyways, I agree that Christopher Meloni has aged quite a bit. He looks a little on the rough side in some of the episodes lol.

cgersic

I'm here!!!
Carol Burnett Im Here GIF

Wow! No stroller - that's a first right? Hope all goes well and can't wait to hear J's punch lines. Happy Birthday to E and good luck on getting this one finished!!

lindawdw

Northern Lights Yes GIF by LEGO
I was sooo excited to see that you started this TR!!! Your boss sounds like a wonderful person to let you leave early when your flight got moved up!!! I guess the airport store that you buy the model cars at for J is still not open and I can't believe they haven't opened the Starbucks or DD either!:rolleyes: Your meals looked delicious! The OKW villas are so big compared to the other DVC villas and it was so nice that they brought you to your room via golf cart! Can't wait for more. 😍

slipperalwaysfits

Hello!! Hello!! I'm heading back to the world in 16 days so my goal is to get this TR done before I go. I know, you probably don't have much faith in me--neither do I, frankly. But, "If you can dream it, you can do it", right?
YES!!! You can do it! Sharing the magic is so fun, I may actually WRITE my darn trip report finally after this trip!
A few weeks before the trip I got notification that Southwest was moving our flight from 8pm to 7pm. Normally, I would be thrilled. I had planned on meeting E at her house as soon as I got done working at 4 & we were going to head to the airport right then. Now that the flight was an hour earlier I got concerned. The parkway heading towards the airport is a nightmare during rush hour traffic. Then, what if there was an accident on it? We would be doomed. I showed my boss the email regarding the flight change & he told me to leave at 3 instead!!
Yes, an hour early, I would be a little nervous about leaving work and making it in time. Your boss sounds really nice and flexible with your Disney schedule. You're lucky. I avoided a coffee shop this am because an ex-boss who played favorites and demeaned me instead of helping me was sitting outside. Good leaders lift ALL people up, not let them sink. :banghead: :bored: Back to the magic.:inlove::inlove::inlove:
No stroller this trip so J was on his own!!
WOW!!! Is this his first trip without a stroller??!!
He had a lot of energy considering it was about 11:30 at that point!!
Without a breakdown....J really seems like an awesome kid that really can cope with challenging moments...like the rain in Disney. Credit E and JSr and his cool Aunt P!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom