I know it's wrong, and I feel bad for it, but I admit I judge people for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrittanyRose428

I'm not a fan of leashes. I don't have children, so I'm really not in a position to judge, but I can't help but think it's weird when I see them sometimes. I have cousins that could have used leashes as children, but I think their parents' logic was that if they couldn't behave without running away they wouldn't be taking them to a theme park in the first place.

buseegal

having a special needs grandson who is a runner. without the leash he would take off running and people get very unhappy when you push by trying to catch up with him. as someone said before you judge walk a mile u\in their shoes. maybe your twins walk holding your hand and do not run away but not every child is like that, no matter what you do. i know this will not change your mind but your are not going to change mine, no matter what you think. my grandson's safety is more important and his special needs will not go away just with training

lunchbox1175

...having leashes on their kids. It isn't a conscience thing, and I immediately realize that I'm doing it and stop, but I do look at people and judge them negatively for it. I have twin 4 1/2 year olds. I've had them at Disney, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Sesame Place, Cedar Point, etc etc etc and I never had a need to put them on a leash. That's how I justify not feeling TOO guilty for judging them.

Again, I know it's wrong, and it's just a reaction that I quickly realize is wrong and I even tell myself it's wrong. But it's something that I do.
Don't feel bad, I do the same thing with kids that are too big for strollers, that drives me nuts when I see a kid the size of a six year old overflowing out of a stroller.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Losing track of your child for whatever reason for even 5 seconds produces a feeling of absolute terror and panic that can't be rivaled by anything else in the world. If you don't have a child or children there is no way you can hope to understand the means people would take to avoid it.
Yes, this. I actually "lost" my kid for about 5 minutes (felt like hours) this past trip because she decided to go play with the ducks at EPCOT after using the restroom (she was nearly 9 years old at this point, a bit too old to keep taking her in the mens room with me, so I waited outside the restroom and stepped literally next door to the refreshment stand (still within eyeshot of the restroom front door) to buy us a snack. I assume while I was paying (that was the only time I wasn't keeping an eye on the restroom door), the kiddo finished up and instead of seeking me out, decided to go play with the ducks.

It was sheer terror. And I let her know my displeasure.

I wouldn't put her on a leash, but as a child who wandered away (me) I know I caused my mother a lot of stress and agony growing up. She would take me shopping, and when her back was turned I'd go hide somewhere. I thought it was a funny game. Several times she tanned my hide over this behavior, but, I did it for a while. Enough that I have distinct memories of it. My favorite hiding place was in those round clothes racks at clothing stores. Just the right size for a child to climb in the middle and be unobserved!

I doubt I would ever use a leash, but I don't judge those who do. As has been mentioned, I'd rather see a young child on a leash than an older one in a stroller. :p

PigletIsMyCat

i put leashes on my cats to keep them near me. it works very well. once the leash/harness combo is on, then fall over on their side and just lie there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom