I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting.

Mickeyboof

Are you doubting this, because we have seen photos of the drones.

I’m doubting their judgement! Not the existence of the drones!

To spend all this money on something the audience will never see or experience is just insanity to me.

I just hope they make it a regular thing, because the costs to do it just once don’t make sense to me.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster

To spend all this money on something the audience will never see or experience is just insanity to me.

I just hope they make it a regular thing, because the costs to do it just once don’t make sense to me.

They can’t block them from the outside world, you will be able to see them from the parking lot.

It’s just media invites to the media event though. Hell, I am not even invited to it. On a complete side note, if there is any media here that wants to get me in, please let me know.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I'll admit thinking that the "Matterhorn" name on the thread referred to something else. Read a few posts, and realized it was about something different.

Some will be interested, some won't, and that's ok.

There are threads that are interesting to me, on those, I read, react to, and sometimes post on. We all have our own interests. Who am I to say what's interesting to people and what's not?

If a thread doesn't interest you, move on to something else.
These forums have plenty of choices. My 2 cents.

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

They can’t block them from the outside world, you will be able to see them from the parking lot.

It’s just media invites to the media event though. Hell, I am not even invited to it. On a complete side note, if there is any media here that wants to get me in, please let me know.

You’re right. When they said “live YOUR Star Wars adventure,” what I absolutely had in mind was standing in the Olaf parking lot.

No Name

I do like my eggs with a dash of salt..

In any case, let me apologize personally to you for thinking that Disney renting an incredibly engineered piece of sound equipment, the only of its kind anywhere in the world, for an event opening deserved a thread of its own. On top of that the incredible irony of it being named the Matterhorn was too good to pass up.

If I have personally offended in any way, shape, or form for this, I humbly apologize. Please do me a favor though, put me on ignore so you don't have to bother scrolling through any more of my clickbait. I would hate to offend you again.

Odd post. You haven’t offended me.

yensidtlaw1969

I do like my eggs with a dash of salt..

In any case, let me apologize personally to you for thinking that Disney renting an incredibly engineered piece of sound equipment, the only of its kind anywhere in the world, for an event opening deserved a thread of its own. On top of that the incredible irony of it being named the Matterhorn was too good to pass up.

If I have personally offended in any way, shape, or form for this, I humbly apologize. Please do me a favor though, put me on ignore so you don't have to bother scrolling through any more of my clickbait. I would hate to offend you again.
You haven’t “offended” anyone . . . But it took reading through three pages of the thread to figure out the simple fact you alluded to in your first post, and you seemed annoyed at that point to have had to clarify your intentionally vague phrasing.

Maybe next time just spot us the info upfront instead of sending readers on a wild goose chase for a tidbit that simply isn’t as interesting as the implication that a new major attraction might be at hand.

Reputation is built on more than just the truth of your information, it’s also in how you share it. Getting people’s hopes up isn’t a great way to make friends.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Unfortunately there is a precedence in them doing this, the dragon used for the new Fantasyland opening.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ya know....

Disney has a history of trying out new things, and if they like it, buying it.

If I had the money to spare, I'd be investing in Danley (if they're publicly traded... not bothering to check) for when their stock soars when bought out by Disney.

The risk of doing that is, of course, Disney can turn to their imagineers and tell them to build something like it.

matt9112

I hope this sticks around. As a lifelong home theater geek, Danley Sound Labs makes the craziest, best sounding, high SPL speakers and subs you can get. Unfortunately, too much dinero for my house. I’d like to experience this. Thanks for sharing.

It wont. This will be for good photo ops and reviews and all the wow. And than it will all go away.

directinator54

No, but it's a media event. Keep an eye out for news of DHS (or at least GE) closing early. It won't be super late, just after dark.

I, for one, really appreciate all the info and some of the sarcasm lol. As a Florida resident who was thinking about making the 1.5 hr drive up to ride ROTR when it opens, this news has pushed me over the *galaxy's* edge.

I know you previously mentioned watching from the parking lot the night of 12/3... However, is there currently any indication that this effect will be used beyond that night or is the best possible way for me to see these things in action gonna be from the tarmac?

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
I, for one, really appreciate all the info and some of the sarcasm lol. As a Florida resident who was thinking about making the 1.5 hr drive up to ride ROTR when it opens, this news has pushed me over the *galaxy's* edge.

I know you previously mentioned watching from the parking lot the night of 12/3... However, is there currently any indication that this effect will be used beyond that night or is the best possible way for me to see these things in action gonna be from the tarmac?

Not yet. It's still currently only limited to media preview event, BUT, there is work trying to keep it for at least the first week. It isn't a lack of desire to keep this thing running, it's FAA rules.

directinator54

Not yet. It's still currently only limited to media preview event, BUT, there is work trying to keep it for at least the first week. It isn't a lack of desire to keep this thing running, it's FAA rules.

Ok, I fully expect you to continue to update us as things change lol.

another thought, what would the schedule look like?
Close GE AND MGM early?
Or just close GE and leave parts of MGM open? I wonder if you could stay in park?

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Ok, I fully expect you to continue to update us as things change lol.

another thought, what would the schedule look like?
Close GE AND MGM early?
Or just close GE and leave parts of MGM open? I wonder if you could stay in park?

No idea. I am a tech guy. I am brought in to fix things when they are having issues. As for what the marketing/PR peeps at Disney have in mind, I am as clueless as the rest.

The most I have a vague timelines. I know that things are expected to be ready for a 12/3 media event. I know that it will very much be visible from the guest parking lots.

One new note, a third drone may be in the mix for tonight. Read my very first post in this thread and you can easily figure out what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom