I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting.

DisneyOutsider

I realize that...but imagine if it was how the talk on this forum would shift in an instant.
Why bother imagining? They clearly don't. They've shown repeatedly that they value positive headlines that they've purchased themselves over the guest experience.

Sure, they keep investing in the parks at an unprecedented rate, but it's alarming how management keeps finding ways to cheapen its own investment. The short sightedness should have all of us concerned.

Notes from Neverland

This idea as a whole is amazing. But ... it's hard to get too excited about it when it's not a regular feature of the land. It's a very expensive, very complicated marketing initiative that's guilty of selling a false narrative. Guests will expect to see these types of things when they visit.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I believe you. I don't understand why you're being attacked.

He's being attacked because he is playing games instead of simply proving the information he has. Based on his original post title, I can't imaging anyone thinking it was something as mundane as a speaker system for the ROTR opening, so it got people excited that it was something bigger. His first post was intentionally designed to mislead people.

dreamfinder

... did it ever occur to anyone to divert some of the fantastical amounts of money you’re spending on this one-off and maybe use it to plus the experience for the paying guests a little? Maybe let some real word of mouth do the heavy lifting like Disney used to, instead of just making sure it looks good on some insta stories?

It's nothing different than has been used for eons for publicity. Opening night red carpet events get tons of hoopla and stars brought up, just to watch the same movie us average joes can see next week down the street. New product launches get CEOs brought out to talk about the new camera on the smart phone and the press can "Ooooo and Aaaaa" but you and I get to hear random sales person talk about how it's got more gigapixels or something. Nothing at all new, just in a different scale. I'm pretty sure that Harrison Ford isn't going to be walking around the Falcon whenever I go to SW:GE, but he was at the opening!

And think about, even if they are spending $20k on a subwoofer, and $30k on drones or other random tech, would that $50k really plus the guest experience when spread out? It would buy what, the top half of and R2D2 droid (Not a Star Wars fan, so I have no idea what class it is) to whirl around and go "Beep Boop!" They get much more for their money by building hype and getting press coverage outside of the Disney fan sphere by dropping that cash for a big bang at open than they do by adding one or two small things to the land. (Not saying they shouldn't be adding those small things anyway, that is what Disney was historically known for)

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
The drones will not be flying over the general public. They are being flown with pre-programmed flight paths, hence all the testing. There is no pilot at the controls.

There is an excellent reason they will not be flying over crowds. If they start to deviate off the flight path, the E-Stop (kill switch) simply cuts power to them and they drop to the ground where they are.

jinx8402

The drones will not be flying over the general public. They are being flown with pre-programmed flight paths, hence all the testing. There is no pilot at the controls.

There is an excellent reason they will not be flying over crowds. If they start to deviate off the flight path, the E-Stop (kill switch) simply cuts power to them and they drop to the ground where they are.

Do fireworks come out as part of the e-stop so it looks like they got shot down at least? 😂

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hmmm... I wonder if the really big BoH building next to the SW Resort is totally for the resort, or is the future staging grounds of drone flights.

Remember, while this temporary set-up is temporary, Our Insider has indicated it was supposed to be a regular thing.

Surferboy567

Hmmm... I wonder if the really big BoH building next to the SW Resort is totally for the resort, or is the future staging grounds of drone flights.

Remember, while this temporary set-up is temporary, Our Insider has indicated it was supposed to be a regular thing.

If it was permanent how do they avoid flying the drones over guests heads? Do they only fly them above backstage areas?

Surferboy567

From the BoH building by SW Resort to flying over the spires/buildings of MFSR and RotR, there are no public spaces.

Even in Black Spire they say something to the effect of X-Wings “come in and go all the time” as the resistance has been using Batuu as a X-Wing training/space port ever since Vi took the place over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom