I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting.

directinator54

No idea. I am a tech guy. I am brought in to fix things when they are having issues. As for what the marketing/PR peeps at Disney have in mind, I am as clueless as the rest.

The most I have a vague timelines. I know that things are expected to be ready for a 12/3 media event. I know that it will very much be visible from the guest parking lots.

One new note, a third drone may be in the mix for tonight. Read my very first post in this thread and you can easily figure out what it is.

Tie Fighters???? Lets gooooo! Keep updating whenever you can!

Crazydisneyfanluke

Honestly, I appreciate that. I have been a member of this site for at least that last 12 years under a different name. It has only been in the last year and a half that I started working in a position that I had interesting information, and this Rise of the Resistance stuff is the first thing I have had info on that no one else has, or at least that no one else would post.

In less than two weeks now everyone will see that what I have been posting for the last month is spot on. Being the state of the internet, I really don't expect anyone to acknowledge that.

I would love to be able to keep dropping little bits of knowledge that I have on upcoming projects/events, but if no one will believe me, I don't see a point.
I am saving my judgement for judgement day.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Tie Fighter drones are likely completely scrapped for the opening events. They worked great on indoors testing, but when you have two giant sails on either side of a drone, any little breeze causes problems. If you have ever been on the Skyliner on a lightly breezy day, you will know how much that sways back and forth. Imagine having a sail on both sides of you with 5-6 times the surface area.

An attempt is going to be made to retrofit one for testing. Right now they have a pretty tight metal mesh on the wings, imaging swapping it with something like chicken wire. The problem is, that lighting that up will look like crap.

If/when I find out more I will let you know.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Looks like the Matterhorn subwoofers have been installed and are visible behind the parked X-Wing on Batuu.

WOW!! That is quite impressive. Nice scoop for Blog Mickey. I am surprised no one posted about that days ago..

Oh, wait..

Serverfarm

Tie Fighter drones are likely completely scrapped for the opening events. They worked great on indoors testing, but when you have two giant sails on either side of a drone, any little breeze causes problems.

If/when I find out more I will let you know.

Too bad it's not Tron. Just LED outlines of the drones would look sick.

Imagine drones, that catapulting robot thing and the Shanghai pirates show with the sky diving simulation machine all in the show. Yeah, this is going to be one pricey open ceremony. Olympic level... But honestly that's a 1 day meh, only for the likes and youtube videos. The rest of us, I hope that there's a viewing balcony of those AT-ATs in the ride itself, I'm sure the detail on them will be over the top.

Darth Snips

WOW!! That is quite impressive. Nice scoop for Blog Mickey. I am surprised no one posted about that days ago..

Oh, wait..
Have you heard anything recently about the possibility of these sticking around after the ceremony? I remember you mentioning that Disney was fighting with the FAA to keep them.

Randomdude99

Picture of one of the drones apparently:

Attachments

• az6f3fhxng041.jpg
    az6f3fhxng041.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 350

dvitali

just comparing sizes in the picture with those balloon drone they are using indoor at Radio City Xmas Show. (Come out of the orchestra’s pit and fly over the audience before returning back to the orchestra pit). Maybe 100 lbs difference ? battery life in the remote once a day/ show charge?

Mickeyboof

just comparing sizes in the picture with those balloon drone they are using indoor at Radio City Xmas Show. (Come out of the orchestra’s pit and fly over the audience before returning back to the orchestra pit). Maybe 100 lbs difference ? battery life in the remote once a day/ show charge?

The Radio City drones are inflatable balls with small drones inside.

The Galaxy’s Edge drones are the size of cars made of solid material. Way, way different.

MaximumEd

Dang, I’d love to be there to hear that sub roar. It would make my poor little diy twin 15’s at home sound very anemic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom