I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
So you posted something extremely vague even though you apparently cant reveal anything more and youre upset that nobody is giving likes?

What do you want me to say? There is a giant subwoofer on site that Disney is renting for over $20k a week for the opening events for Rise of the Resistance. This subwoofer happens to be called "Matterhorn", that information can be searched online and easily found.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This event and the attraction had better be very, very, successful!

It will be, because Iger will say so in the Q1 investors meeting. Remember, SW:GE thus far has “exceeded their wildest expectations” or some such thing. Never mind that they shot themselves in the foot in CA and I could be wrong but attendance hasn’t met internal projections at either park, IIRC.

Smooth

IMG_0267.GIF

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
I believe you. I don't understand why you're being attacked.

Honestly, I appreciate that. I have been a member of this site for at least that last 12 years under a different name. It has only been in the last year and a half that I started working in a position that I had interesting information, and this Rise of the Resistance stuff is the first thing I have had info on that no one else has, or at least that no one else would post.

In less than two weeks now everyone will see that what I have been posting for the last month is spot on. Being the state of the internet, I really don't expect anyone to acknowledge that.

I would love to be able to keep dropping little bits of knowledge that I have on upcoming projects/events, but if no one will believe me, I don't see a point.

yensidtlaw1969

Honestly, I appreciate that. I have been a member of this site for at least that last 12 years under a different name. It has only been in the last year and a half that I started working in a position that I had interesting information, and this Rise of the Resistance stuff is the first thing I have had info on that no one else has, or at least that no one else would post.

In less than two weeks now everyone will see that what I have been posting for the last month is spot on. Being the state of the internet, I really don't expect anyone to acknowledge that.

I would love to be able to keep dropping little bits of knowledge that I have on upcoming projects/events, but if no one will believe me, I don't see a point.
I think the issue people are taking is less with the information you shared here and more with the strange and seemingly intentionally misleading way in which you shared it.

As if dropping "Another Disney Park has a Matterhorn" was an obvious clue to an obscure and previously unknown piece of temporary infrastructure being installed for a special event, and not something that would scan as a disingenuous implication that a clone of the Disneyland Matterhorn was somehow in development for one of the parks.

And then refusing to elaborate when people explained that your post was simply too vague to allow readers to actually connect the dots.

If I were to suppose.

But, otherwise, cool to know, I guess? Just not the cleanest delivery.

Last edited:

BrianLo

To the OP, I certainly believe you. But the way you went about this is being interpreted as clickbait.

The correct thing to do would have been utilize your existing thread and mentioned you have something else that could be verified in a couple of weeks to establish some credibility.

But a sub woofer rental for a single day event that no one here will be invited to (masqueraded in a new thread that heavily initially conjures the actual Matterhorn is back in the mix for Epcot), is clickbait for attention and not credibility.

MaximumEd

I hope this sticks around. As a lifelong home theater geek, Danley Sound Labs makes the craziest, best sounding, high SPL speakers and subs you can get. Unfortunately, too much dinero for my house. I’d like to experience this. Thanks for sharing.

Castle Cake Apologist

Okay, I honestly can't believe everyone here is so dense.

It is on site, next to Rise of the Resistance. It will be used to make the sounds of the X-Wings going to hyperdrive. Does that make it clear enough for you?!?

Do you honestly think a subwoofer requires its own thread? How desperate for attention are you?

The level of doubt I am getting from this site is making me think about taking info elsewhere.

Oh no! Anything but that!

I honestly think it's humorous how hungry for validation you are.

Last edited:

Horizons1

This has got to be the most uninteresting information ever "revealed" on this site. The only way it will ever be surpassed is if somebody finds a way to post that a powerful spot light will be used but make it cryptically sound like a 5th gate is going to be announced.
Allow me to shine some light on the fifth gate...

Surferboy567

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom