I have a few gripes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

Premium Member
I dont know if that person had a condition that prevented him from standing but the fact that he had on swim trunks and a towel draped over his shoulder and got off at the water park makes me assume he was able bodied.

And I believe the guidelines for being considered senior is 62...although I am not possitive about that. Thats not to say that a senior isnt capable of offering his or her seat or that they are not entiteled to be given the opprotunity to sit down over a younger person. It is a matter of decency and compassion for others.

You need to stop assuming things. I am perfectly capable of going to water parks and walking long distances and doing just about anything, but one thing I cannot physically do is stand still for more than 1-2 minutes at a time. I have a condition that causes my heart rate to skyrocket and I nearly faint in these situations. From the outside, I appear to be a perfectly normal, healthy 25 year old. Are you telling me that I too should have to give up my seat for you because you have a baby?

jutz53

So I just got back from our trip. 5 nights 6 days at POP. It was me, my husband, and our daughter who is 18 months. My husband and I have been before but, it was our daughters first trip. I was so excited to bring her there with hopes that we would have the perfect trip.

Don't get me wrong.....we had a wonderful time but....there were a few things that got me a little upset.

1. One afternoon we were resting in the hotel and we did not put our DND sign in the door as housekeeping had been there so we figured we were safe. WRONG! While napping, housekeeping knocked on the door....woke our daughter up and after one knock, tried entering our room. My husband and I had declothed to cool off and rest so there we were for her to see....I was a little perturbed about that.

2. Has anyone else noticed that the cheaper the resort you stay at, the farther you have to walk for the buses? I swear every bus stop for us was the LAST one on that line. Ummmm....hello DISNEY, most of the people staying at the value resorts are there because they have kids...most of them several kids. Why on earth would you make it so the people with kids, toting all sorts of extras in a bag and sometimes large or multiple strollers walk the farthest and try to navigate through the crowds?!

3. At the end of the night when the mad rush hits the bus stops....can someone please explain to me when you have thousands of people standing there tired and grumpy with crying kids why on earth you see bus after bus EMPTY driving by all those people. EVERY park we went to did this. I was standing there and at one point counted 10 EMPTY buses leaving the parks driving by all those people. We also watched one bus at our stop, pick up 2 people one with a scooter, one with a wheel chair and their families. They had about 10 people all total going back to our hotel. Why on earth did they not load that bus and pack them in like sardines just like all the other buses.

4. My BIGGEST pet peeve of the trip:fork: .....why on earth when you get on a bus, and you are standing there holding a baby, why cant someone of able body (especially a man) get up and offer his seat to you? Why should I stand there struggling to hold on while holding a sleeping baby while a man in his 40's sat there next to his 6 or 7 yr old daughter and wife who sat and talked on his phone "conducting business". Sorry but he acted as if he was someone important....well guess what....in Disney everyone is important and status makes no difference there. Their daughter was small enough she could have sat on moms lap and he could have stood up and offered a seat to anyone else holding a child (as I was not the only one standing with a baby) or to the elderly lady standing. Them doing that small gesture of putting her on a lap and him standing, would have opened 2 seats for people struggling while standing. I am sorry to sound all old fashioned with men should offer their seat but, if I were not holding my daughter, I would stand up and offer my seat to someone who needed it. The entire time there, only ONCE did someone stand up and offer me a seat when I was standing with the baby.

5. My last gripe....I had read where some people with the dining plan did not get great service at the resturaunts...for the most part our experience was good until we went to Ohanas on our last night. The food was the best that we had down there and when we first sat down they spoke of the menu and stated that desert had bananas and I promptly told the server I could not have bananas due to an allergy so she noted that....a few minutes later the "head chef" came over greated us, made note of my allergy, offered the solution for my desert and dinner began a few minutes later. I was impressed....AT FIRST! Now for anyone who has ever eaten at Ohanas you know it's family style all you can eat. They brought our food, then came around with the meat, then a different person came around with meat again....then that was it! When we first got there our daughter was sleeping and woke up towards the end of dinner and I wanted some more of a few items so she could eat too! The server looked at me like I had 4 heads! She was irritated that we were asking for seconds, and became very unfriendly. I was so dissapointed as her sudden change in attitude really ruined the dinner for me and I am thinking of contacting disney about this experience.

So thats it....still had a great time and cant wait to go back again!!!

I love Disney and we go every year at least once. I guess I am also guilty of not using the DND sign once my room is made up. I have always assumed that once beds are made, towels are clean and room is tidy, plus my tip has been removed that my room is ready for us to return to. Why would I use my DND sign after that? I always put it on the door when going to bed and keep it there until we leave for the parks. In all my travels in many many resorts or hotels once your room is cleaned for the day there really is no need for anyone other than you to be in that room.

natolij02

Original Poster
So really, the only one at fault for this was you. You should be perturbed with yourself. :shrug:

People with kids stay at ALL levels of resorts, from value to deluxe. Why should those paying $80 a night who have kids have less of a walk than those paying $400 a night who have kids? Obviously the ones paying 5x as much as you are to stay on property are going to have more perks. If you don't want to walk so far, then save up a few thousand more to get a closer bus like the people who stay at deluxe resorts do.

You having a baby does not make you more entitled to a seat than anyone else. You really should stop judging other people...you have no idea what their reason was for not giving up their seat for you. How do you know this man was even physically capable of standing for a long period? If you're so interested in his motivations for whatever he was doing, why not just ask him if you can have a seat if it's such a big issue instead of passing judgments?

:shrug: You're the one who decided to bring a baby to WDW, and if you don't want to deal with bringing the baby on the buses, then why not rent a car or drive yourself? We've always driven halfway across the country to have our own vehicle at the parks because we know that it would be more hassle than it's worth to have to rely on Disney transportation with young children in tow.

If I'm being honest, it sounds like you expect the entire world to stop and revolve around you in every situation, and that's just not reality. :shrug:

WOW!!! A little harsh dont you think. I think the statement of me to save up a few more thousand dollars is a little rude. I did not say that people who go to deluxe resorts dont have children, I was just saying that most of the people who stay at the value resorts have children.

And as for the comment that I think the entire world should revovle around me in every situation is a little arrogant. You don't know me and if you were offended by my post or didnt like what I had to say...you could have moved on and chosen not to comment.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
catfight7ky.jpg

Jimmy Thick

Simple solutions here...

1-Use the little slide lock thingy, this one is your fault.

2-Better resort, better everything. Again, your fault.

3-This complaint is older than dirt, next please...

4-Want a seat for yourself, you should have waited for the next bus. When you pass judgement on others, they will pass judgement on you, like this thread...Ha Ha.

5-Most dining establishments have good days, bad days, good service, bad service. I always give the waiter persons the benefit of the doubt. Smiling, being nice and going out of your way for 8 hours straight is more of a job than most people think. Cut the CM's some slack here and there.

See, simple.

Jimmy Thick- Pointing out the obvious...

Laura

Premium Member
WOW!!! A little harsh dont you think. I think the statement of me to save up a few more thousand dollars is a little rude. I did not say that people who go to deluxe resorts dont have children, I was just saying that most of the people who stay at the value resorts have children.

It's not rude, it's the truth. If you want first class service then pay first class prices. The "lucky" people who have the shorter walks to the buses are paying thousands more for their trips than you are for that luxury. How do you know most of the people who stay at deluxe resorts don't have kids too? Anytime I've stayed at a deluxe resort there were just as many families with kids as there are at value resorts. :shrug:

And as for the comment that I think the entire world should revovle around me in every situation is a little arrogant. You don't know me and if you were offended by my post or didnt like what I had to say...you could have moved on and chosen not to comment.

No, I said it SOUNDS like that's what you think, purely based on the things you posted. I never claimed to know you. :wave:

Your attitude is...*I* don't need to use do not disturb signs to keep the maids out...Empty buses should stop for ME, people should give up their seats for ME, *I* shouldn't have to walk as far as everyone else to the bus stops...it's all about you. :shrug:

hrcollectibles

First of all, when you're in your room, put out the DND sign - period. You will avoid any intrusion. Secondly, I find it offensive for you to point out that a male sitting in a seat should simply give it up just because you (a woman, and holding a child), think you should have it, just because you're holding a child. Male or female has nothing to do with it. Yes, it;s the polite thing to do, but for everyone. All those people have been walking just as much as you. Also, since you stayed at a WDW resort, you could have had your purchases sent to your resort, and not had to carry tons of bags. And, depending on where you're staying, your bus stop may very well be the last stop. Do a little research when you get there, find out where the bus stops are, find one that may not be the last one, but may still get you back in a resonable amount of time. The buses may leave empty because they're going to a DIFFERENT area than where you need to go...
Yes its WDW, but you also have to realize that the CM's are people too, not Audio Animatronics. They have to deal with thousands of guest's, some nice, some not so nice-my meaning-it wears on you. You need to understand that, as well.
I truly hope you go back and have a better experience, but do some research on the transportation system, You'll be glad you did. We always drive or rent a car for some of the reasons you speak of.
I'm not trying to bash you, but WDW is it's own major city-if you will. You and your family will benefit from doing as much research as you can for your trip. The majority of us on these boards have been to WDW multiple times, and can't say enough about knowing where you're going, how to get around, and what to do. Sounds obvious, but none-the-less is very true.
just my 2 cents.
:shrug:

What? They are not AA??? :ROFLOL:

daliseurat

However, the Ohana thing is something to take exception to. IMHO, no matter what kind of customer a CM receives they should handle a matter more professionally. I know that in my day to day this doesn't always happen; people are in bad moods, personal conflicts, etc., but I DO expect better from a Disney establishment. I would have asked to speak to a manager.

You know what? Here's the thing. Anytime you are going to any place to eat you should expect decent service. At Disney I expect a higher level. And when I am on the Dining Plan, and my tipping is already figured for me, I expect it to be TOP NOTCH. (By the way, many places outside of Disney, that include the tip include 15% instead of the 18% Disney does on the old dining plan) If it isn't, and I don't have time to complain to a manager, I write them when I get home. I have always gotten an apology, and a personal response from the manager.

Now, if I'm not on the Dining Plan and I receive bad service I will tip low, and in one instance, I left a PENNY on the table. I had a waiter come running after me demanding to know what this was about about. So I gave him a REAL tip. "Learn how to be a real waiter." If you don't compain when you get bad service it will breed. Having said that, I must say that 98% of the time the service I get a Disney is OUTSTANDING. Which makes those rare times when it isn't really stick out.

doop

:lol:

Sorry to say, but I think that mousekeeping coming in on you was completely your own fault.

I have never ridden a Disney bus, but I agree with you, I think giving up your seat for people who obviously need it is the right thing to do. However, as others have said, no one can assume that a person sitting doesn't have anything wrong with them. And if those people who are sitting, but have nothing keeping them from offering you a seat in fact don't want to offer you their seat, they have every right to do so. If you really want to avoid this situation, I would recommend waiting for the next bus, because it is really hit or miss based on the people around you.

Laura

Premium Member
Now, if I'm not on the Dining Plan and I receive bad service I will tip low, and in one instance, I left a PENNY on the table.

Eh, even if they're terrible, they still should get more than a penny for the work involved in taking your orders, fetching them, and cleaning the table up after you leave. Even when my service is deplorable I still leave at least a few dollars to compensate them for cleaning up after me. That's just me though. :shrug:

kjrmorgan

Giving up my seat

I can recall one time when I gave up my seat to someone who obviously needed it more. Not a problem. However, at the time, I was carrying my sleeping, 9 month-old DD in my arms while my DW had was sitting with our 3 year-old DD. Would I have enjoyed sitting - sure!! But there was someone who needed my seat much more than I did. So, I did the courteous thing and offer my seat to this person, knowing full well that I would be carrying our DD from MK to ASMO. No problems, it was the right thing to do.

Jerm

With the mousekeeping, they knocked once, I yelled just a minute and the indoor lock was on the door (as one person mentioned in another post) but even with that lock on, you can still open the door a crack and see in. Even after yelling just a minute they still proceeded in the room so I assume they didnt hear me. I guess I didnt realize that they would come back to the room after it had been serviced and that is why I didnt think to put the sign on the door.

So wait was it you yelling that woke up the child or them coming in?

As far as you getting all this heat....you bring it upon yourself. You start off by posting "I have a few grips!!!!" any time you use 4 exclmation points you are asking for it! Plus all you are doing by posting on the internet on any site is like writing on a bathroom wall, the person after you can write what ever they want and so on and so forth. If you are not ready to take some heat about ANYTHING you post then don't post it. You have your feelings and everyone else has theirs and everyone else will share their own.

I do find it offensive that you said...well people with children all stay at the value resorts. Just because that is all you can do does not mean that is all everyone can. I don't even have children and that bugged me.

But other then that how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

farmgirl

Ok this is only my opinion so nobody yell at me....lol...:lol: About the giving up the seat on the bus complaint. I have a bad leg so if we see the bus is getting full and no seats are available left we step aside and let others go ahead of us that do not mind standing and wait for the next bus I don't expect nobody to give up their seat for me I am sure they are tired and were glad to get a seat. I just wait. Others can do the same because other do appreciate going ahead and standing rather then waiting for another bus. Then you get some folks dragging on there 80 years old grandmother on a fully loaded standing room only bus. Asking people to move so the poor lady can sit down. Well I think if they were so concerned why even bring her on a loaded up bus with the chance that she won't even have a seat. Why not be considerate and wait so she will be guarenteed a seat and be comfortable. Everyone has the right to refuse getting on and letting other tired folks go ahead that have no problems with standing. Myself I would rather stand at the bus stop then try support myself on a moving bus. Its only my opinion ..just thought i would put it out there as an option....thats all I had to say..:lookaroun

Snowflake82

I have heard of other guests having problems while on the dining plan with poor service because the servers know they allready get a guaranteed gratuity. I would hope this would not be the case but I am starting to think that may be where the problem lays. I have always had such good experiences with disney that I would think that disney would expect nothing but exceptional service from their CM's

This is one possibility. However, I think that, because of the restaurant crush due to the popularity of the dining plan, they were just trying to turn the table over more quickly. This does not excuse the poor service, though, and they should have continued to bring you the food you were asking for.

Just another negative side-effect of the oh-so-popular dining plan, IMO.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You know what? Here's the thing. Anytime you are going to any place to eat you should expect decent service. At Disney I expect a higher level. And when I am on the Dining Plan, and my tipping is already figured for me, I expect it to be TOP NOTCH. (By the way, many places outside of Disney, that include the tip include 15% instead of the 18% Disney does on the old dining plan) If it isn't, and I don't have time to complain to a manager, I write them when I get home. I have always gotten an apology, and a personal response from the manager.

Now, if I'm not on the Dining Plan and I receive bad service I will tip low, and in one instance, I left a PENNY on the table. I had a waiter come running after me demanding to know what this was about about. So I gave him a REAL tip. "Learn how to be a real waiter." If you don't compain when you get bad service it will breed. Having said that, I must say that 98% of the time the service I get a Disney is OUTSTANDING. Which makes those rare times when it isn't really stick out.
You know the saying "the customer is always right" ?

It's NOT true........

sometimes the customer has unrealistic expectations. Sometimes bad service can be attributed to unrealistic expectations also.

Before you leave a penny, try turning the tables for a moment.

disneyfan1966

Ok this is only my opinion so nobody yell at me....lol...:lol: About the giving up the seat on the bus complaint. I have a bad leg so if we see the bus is getting full and no seats are available left we step aside and let others go ahead of us that do not mind standing and wait for the next bus I don't expect nobody to give up their seat for me I am sure they are tired and were glad to get a seat. I just wait. Others can do the same because other do appreciate going ahead and standing rather then waiting for another bus. Then you get some folks dragging on there 80 years old grandmother on a fully loaded standing room only bus. Asking people to move so the poor lady can sit down. Well I think if they were so concerned why even bring her on a loaded up bus with the chance that she won't even have a seat. Why not be considerate and wait so she will be guarenteed a seat and be comfortable. Everyone has the right to refuse getting on and letting other tired folks go ahead that have no problems with standing. Myself I would rather stand at the bus stop then try support myself on a moving bus. Its only my opinion ..just thought i would put it out there as an option....thats all I had to say..:lookaroun

Farmgirl - I really love your post - the positive solution to a problem is always appreciated.

scpergj

I am sorry you feel that way. It is not a sense of entitlement as I would offer my seat to someone if I were not injured, elderly, or carrying a child, as I have many times before when I did not have a kid. It is in no way a sense of entitlement. It is simply a courtesy that I would give someone and I would hope someone else would reciprocate.

And for all the people you have given your seat to.....I think that is wonderful and shows you are a caring human being and if you had ever given up your seat to me....I would thank you.

Disney is a magical place and sometimes the smallest gestures keep it magical and most meaningful

No...they are right, it is you that is wrong.

You do show a real sense of entitlement. Did you ever think that in the case you originally posted about, that the woman on the phone may herself have been pregnant and shouldn't have her daughter on her lap? Or maybe (like myself), the father had some sort of medical condition? I have lower back problems, and at the end of a long Disney day, I'm in real pain. If I were to have to stand, I don't know that I wouldn't fall on a turn or a sudden stop. I have (and usually do) stood on the monorails, but the buses are a problem for me. You don't mention any problems, just that you were holding your daughter...so why are you more entitled to a seat on a bus than anyone else?

As for the bus stops for the value resorts being farther away...duh!
Disney isn't going to make the guests paying $300 or more a night walk farther than one paying $75 a night. If you don't like that, then pay more and stay at the moderate or deluxe hotels and you won't have the problem.

Oh...and if you'd locked the safety lock on your hotel room door LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO, housekeeping wouldn't have just walked in - they wouldn't have been able to. I understand, you're entitled to whatever YOU think is correct...not what reality is.

Sorry if the truth hurts...

LeeLee D

Ok this is only my opinion so nobody yell at me....lol...:lol: About the giving up the seat on the bus complaint. I have a bad leg so if we see the bus is getting full and no seats are available left we step aside and let others go ahead of us that do not mind standing and wait for the next bus I don't expect nobody to give up their seat for me I am sure they are tired and were glad to get a seat...

Me too. I am...shall we say extra fluffy...and I will always wait for the next bus. It's not so much the standing as the holding on. Being large I find it hard to hold on when the bus turns a corner or stops. I am always afraid that I will fall on someone and that would not be very magical!

In fact, I have started driving from my hotel to the parks, especially if I will be leaving at a busy time. I know that not everyone has a car, but it's the perfect solution for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom