I have a bone to pick with a MVMCP "rule"

Status
Not open for further replies.

happymom52003

I think there probably is a grey area here....not as black and white as some of you are making it out to be.

This is what common sense tells me: The CM's are given the job to clear out an area of the park of non-party guests at a certain time, which includes restrooms. I doubt very seriously that Disney has some "official rule" that says non-party guest are not allowed to use the restrooms. I'd imagine that the CM's do their best to clear the area....which means directing people to other bathrooms. But obviously they can't physically stop someone from entering a bathroom.

I'd imagine that alot of people just say okay, and make there way to the bathroom they were directed to. Then you will have those people who either are about to throw up or ______ on themselves, and they will just walk right in regardless of what the CM says....like I said, the CM's are not going to physically keep them out, and I doubt very serioulsy they would waste a call to security in a case like this. You will also have the people that just do not like being told what to do....so they will go into the restroom anyway, even if they could make it to the alternate restroom. Disney knows this will happen, which is why I doubt there is a "rule"....I'm sure they just try to get the non-party guests to go to another bathroom.

This is all my own speculation of course, but it is what makes sense to me.

I think that some of you are missing two things here: First off, the CM did indeed dircet the OP to another restroom. Some of you are acting like Disney is kicking people out of the park and making them ______ in the parking lot.

Secondly, the OP did not mention what he said to the CM, nor did he mention if this was an "emergency". Did he tell the CM that he needed to use the restroom right then and could not wait? If not, then we actually have no idea how the CM would have responded had he said that. Like I said before, I imagine that the CM's are instructed to do their best to direct non-party guests to another restroom, but they can't physically keep them out.

I really do not have a personal opinion on this either way, because I do not feel like there are enough facts to form one. We have no idea what Disneys "policy" on this is, we have no idea how the CM would have responded in different scenarios, and we have no idea if all CM's would have responded in the same way.:shrug:

the-reason14

Try to follow along here. YOU paid to be there until 7. You can no longer use the Party areas after that Time because it is a premium event that people pay extra money to attend.

People are Mad at the guy not being able to use a bathroom after 7 in a roped off area. He was told to use another bathroom and did just that.

cm's have stated that the reason the do these hard closes of sections on Party nights is because people hang out in bathrooms trying to get into the Party for free.

I said its a shame that the people who do these kind of things ruin it for everybody. You, Me hot4hudgens, Everybody.

Then people start in with there "I would have walked right ny her and used the bathroom anyway"

I find it funny that people think they have the right to decide what they should and should not be able to do at a place like Wdw.

Its fine for people to squeeze out every moment of fun they can at these park but when you are told you are not welcome in a section any longer and decide that your gonna go in there anyway than yes you should be throw out and not let back in. again the few ruin it for many.

If it where me I would have started moving toward the gates at the end of the day and used whatever was available to me.

Youve never heard a thing about private schools or the parents who send their children to them. I work a second freelance job to pay for my kids education. I am not rich i just work really hard to provide my kids with great oppurtunity.

I found it funny that you tell other people to use COMMAN sense and miss spell it. Its the height of Irony.

Oh, so you were trying to call me stupid because I mispelled comman (should be commen) sense. Ok, thats cool. Its not like every word in your posts were spelled correctly, but I digress. I thought you were tying to say I had no COMMEN(happy, lol) sense because the parks closed at 7 for regular guest, and by going to the restroom after 7 would be stupid because the park is closed. But its cool, everyone is different. Imagine the same situation and a parent almost having to carry their child from the exit to SM to the nearest bathroom, and being denied the right to go into that one. I doubt that parent would mind that cm, and not use that restroom.

Todd L

Thank you for a clear headed point of view. Even though we disagree on some points Its nice to listen to your ideas on the subject and maybe consider your point of view.

Todd L

Oh, so you were trying to call me stupid because I mispelled comman (should be commen) sense. Ok, thats cool. Its not like every word in your posts were spelled correctly, but I digress. I thought you were tying to say I had no COMMEN(happy, lol) sense because the parks closed at 7 for regular guest, and by going to the restroom after 7 would be stupid because the park is closed. But its cool, everyone is different. Imagine the same situation and a parent almost having to carry their child from the exit to SM to the nearest bathroom, and being denied the right to go into that one. I doubt that parent would mind that cm, and not use that restroom.
No man I am on page with you about the bathrooms. Its just that typical situation where a few people are screwing it up for all of us. I dont care what bathroom the guy uses. He paid 90-100 dollars to get in give him the keys to the executive bathroom if it makes him happy. I just cant stand the fact that most people get a raw deal in these situations because a few people are jerks.
I feel like the Cm's are dealing with way too much stuff on these party nights and its not a black or white area. They are just doing what they are told by the boss and if she had a 'tude about it he should have gone and complained. Im sure they would have taken care of it. Peace and Happy turkey day.

gettingsmaller

1st spelling in everyday slang is a very common practice that even major newspapers now do.
2nd. It was meant to be sarcastic. Sorry you missed that I think it was pretty obvious.
try to keep up. thanks.

Well, although I could point out other grammatical problems, I was referring primarily to your apparently broken apostrophe key. MY point was the lack of grammatical correctness being demonstrated by the very person who--IRONICALLY--wanted to attack someone else for their poor spelling (and it extends beyond the one post). Clearly, message boards are not where you would go for a lesson on grammar or spelling. However, in light of your attack on the "comman" person, it did seem appropriate to point out your grammatical problems... The old "2X4 in your own eye vs. the speck in your neighbor's" thing...

By the way, I applaud you for working hard to give your children what you think is best. On the other hand "try to keep up." is a little bit snooty, so I'm going to have to put a point in the "heard-things-about-private-school-people" column.... :p

gettingsmaller

I'm going to have to put a point in the "heard-things-about-private-school-people" column.... :p

By the way, in case you're wondering what gives ME the right to put points in one column or the other, I say this:
I have been commissioned by the Board of Regents of the Society of People Who Keep Meaningless Points About Nonsensical Things to keep score in the "heard-things-about-private-school-people" debate. Currently, the score is 642 to 73, but--as the Board has sworn me to secrecy--I'm not at liberty to say which side is winning...

the-reason14

By the way, in case you're wondering what gives ME the right to put points in one column or the other, I say this:
I have been commissioned by the Board of Regents of the Society of People Who Keep Meaningless Points About Nonsensical Things to keep score in the "heard-things-about-private-school-people" debate. Currently, the score is 642 to 73, but--as the Board has sworn me to secrecy--I'm not at liberty to say which side is winning...

lol, you are the only one keeping score.

Todd L

Well, although I could point out other grammatical problems, I was referring primarily to your apparently broken apostrophe key. MY point was the lack of grammatical correctness being demonstrated by the very person who--IRONICALLY--wanted to attack someone else for their poor spelling (and it extends beyond the one post). Clearly, message boards are not where you would go for a lesson on grammar or spelling. However, in light of your attack on the "comman" person, it did seem appropriate to point out your grammatical problems... The old "2X4 in your own eye vs. the speck in your neighbor's" thing...

By the way, I applaud you for working hard to give your children what you think is best. On the other hand "try to keep up." is a little bit snooty, so I'm going to have to put a point in the "heard-things-about-private-school-people" column.... :p
Hey Sorry I thought it was funny that the guy used the Phrase COMMAN SENSE and mispelled it. I must be a real snob for finding Humor in something like that. Its full of Irony and I find it hysterical. I am the worlds worst speller and cant be bothered to go back and double-check everything. Did you really check my other post? If thats true than you have bigger issues than my spelling. Kinda sad really.

the-reason14

Hey Sorry I thought it was funny that the guy used the Phrase COMMAN SENSE and mispelled it. I must be a real snob for finding Humor in something like that. Its full of Irony and I find it hysterical. I am the worlds worst speller and cant be bothered to go back and double-check everything. Did you really check my other post? If thats true than you have bigger issues than my spelling. Kinda sad really.

Yea, your right, I did misspell it. But you did too. According to another poster it isnt comman or commen, its common sense. Lol, I guess neither one of us have it, or can call someone else out for not having it. :lol::lol: But yea, that was my bad.

Todd L

Yea, your right, I did misspell it. But you did too. According to another poster it isnt comman or commen, its common sense. Lol, I guess neither one of us have it, or can call someone else out for not having it. :lol::lol: But yea, that was my bad.

Well Look how dumb I look now. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:To funny.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: Well any way you spell it I dont have much of it.

:king: Thats me king of the morons.

Where the heck is the spell check in this forum anyway.

You are too funny thanks for taking My stoopidity(yes i know i spelt it wrong) with a grain of salt. ill be in Wdw in a few days and let everyone know what the bathroom situation is.:veryconfu Happy Turkey day to everyone . Peace and God bless.

MousDad

Problem(s): see previous posts.

Solution: Get rid of all park-day halving, guest double charging, CM abusing, making people pay extra for what should be included in regular admission, "after hours" hard ticket events.

Raven66

I would call dining and ask them exactly that. I think you'll probably have to move it up to an earlier time or day. Someone on here might know for sure but in a case like this, it's usually best to go straight to the source.

I called like others had suggested and just got off the phone with them. She looked it up and told me that for some reason that night of the party they are allowing late reservations for "normal" people.

With all the cut backs!!!

I think that Disney needs to re-evaluate this situation and look at going back to the old days of PAY TOILETS. It would make lots of extra income and could be open to all guests ticketed or expired tickets. 10,000 guest X two or three times a day at 25 cents!!!! Cha ching!!:eek: :lol: :ROFLOL:

Do you ever go 56 in a 55 zone?
Just wondering....
I do in fact a lot faster most the time but I do not b@$%h when the Cop tells me I am not supose to!
The time was after 7:00 Park closes promply at 7:00. If you go to a Store or restaurant do you go in if the closing time is 7:00 and order a steak dinner with all the extras and figure to eat it and use the Restroom after all that. I hope not cause they are going to do all kinds a things to you food!:hurl:
I for one think it is a bit odd not to be able to see both ways as some people have posted its the 10% bad trying to sneak in that ruin it for the rest.
Secondly if it was urgent to go then they could have said can the one that can not make it go now and the other hold it till later. That would look a bit less like they were trying to pull one over!
Just a few thoughts!:hammer:

Dubman

The time was after 7:00 Park closes promply at 7:00.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Disneys policy concerning closing times and attractions is this.. You can get into the line, no matter what the wait time, right up until park closing time.. So you are saying even if you get in line at 6:59 as soon as it is 7:00 you should get out of line and leave the park? I think if Disney wanted to change something here they would have to close the line off at the current wait time. What I mean is that if its a 40 minute wait for space mountian, they would have to close the line off at 6:20.. That way they will not have any guests in line at 7:00.. I for one would not like to see that happen, but it seems like alot of you here do.. Maybe you should all go to city hall and complain..:shrug: Just my thoughts..

Happy Turkey Day!!!:wave::slurp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom