I hate to be the one to do this but.....about Paint the Night...

Do you like PTN? Where do you think it fits better?

• Yes/Disneyland

Votes: 66 38.2%
  • Yes/DCA

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • No/Disneyland

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No/DCA

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Just send it to WDW

Votes: 19 11.0%

• Total voters

Rich T

Darkbeer1

Looks like Disney wants to see how the "Lion King Celebration" works at DCA... Why pay for a labor intensive Parade (or is it an event on the Performance Corridor?) if DCA is packed with AP's blocked out of Disneyland....

So, I think it fits better in Disneyland, but I think for crowding purposes, it's much better in DCA. I just hope they bring it back out for summer. I love the Lion King, but I don't know how that celebration will pan out. I wonder if they'll try to somehow bring back some of the ride floats from the 90s.

VJ

Shocking they built this wondeful parade, made the expense to add a new float for its run at DCA... and then it’s gone again. I just don’t get it.
disneyland forever and world of color celebrate relate with this

;)

SuddenStorm

I mean, Disneyland regularly switches up their nighttime shows... but not parades...

Being fair, Disneyland only ran iterations of Fantasy in the Sky for the first 40 or so years. And Fantasmic lasted 25 years before closure. Didn't RDCT go for like a decade before it started getting rotated out?

This regular rotation of new fireworks shows every year and irregular seasonal parade schedules is a fairly knew phenomenon to the best of my knowledge.

Disney Analyst

Being fair, Disneyland only ran iterations of Fantasy in the Sky for the first 40 or so years. And Fantasmic lasted 25 years before closure. Didn't RDCT go for like a decade before it started getting rotated out?

This regular rotation of new fireworks shows every year and irregular seasonal parade schedules is a fairly knew phenomenon to the best of my knowledge.

I mean, they had been at least alternating between Believe and Believe in Holiday Magic, and then RDCT and Believe.. and then RDCT in off season and Magical in the summers, then halloween fireworks, then Believe etc...

Since 'Believe...There's Magic in the Stars' they've been pretty great at switching things up. Basically since the year 2000 Disneyland has had or rotated between I think 6 different firework shows, oh and July 4th, so 7? And World of Color has had.... additions, new shows, seasonal shows etc.

SuddenStorm

I mean, they had been at least alternating between Believe and Believe in Holiday Magic, and then RDCT and Believe.. and then RDCT in off season and Magical in the summers, then halloween fireworks, then Believe etc...

Since 'Believe...There's Magic in the Stars' they've been pretty great at switching things up. Basically since the year 2000 Disneyland has had or rotated between I think 6 different firework shows, oh and July 4th, so 7? And World of Color has had.... additions, new shows, seasonal shows etc.

Yes, seasonal shows have always been a thing. Which is why it's weird that Paint the Night isnt running seasonally like MSEP did for 30 years.

Last edited:
I've only seen it on Youtube, and I liked what I saw. It's too short and has too much Pixar, but it's fun and energetic. My only complaint is the theme's main lyric: Here comes this parade bellowing "When Can We Do This Again?" It's like they're all saying goodbye before the show even starts.

Looking at it that way, it could be their way of saying to the guests "When Can We Do This Again?" after a fun-filled day at Disneyland.

As for which park it should go, it's a toss-up. It just looks natural at Disneyland, but the small spaces makes it hard to find seating. At DCA, it has more breathing room, but because of all the festivals (Holiday food, Lunar New Year, and Food & Wine) they do at DCA blocking the parade route, that means it can only run during the summer.

Wishful thinking, but it would be nice if they alternated the parade between parks.

iMax

Original Poster
Hopefully PTN still returns this summer. Not sure when it would get announced if it does?

Now would be the time since we're almost done with March. And DL's Galaxy's Edge is right around the corner, they're gonna need some pull over at DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom