I hate to be the one to do this but.....about Paint the Night...

Do you like PTN? Where do you think it fits better?

• Yes/Disneyland

Votes: 66 38.2%
  • Yes/DCA

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • No/Disneyland

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No/DCA

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Just send it to WDW

Votes: 19 11.0%

• Total voters

iMax

Original Poster
I hate to be that one person who brings up stuff like this (well not really but) what exactly is up with Paint the Night? I know Food & Wine just started at DCA and World of Color is back to its full glory, but where does it leave PTN? I'm not gonna say send it to WDW, even though that'd be amazing I don't want to see another carbon copy parade for the 50th since we deserve a brand new successor from Spectromagic.

You think it's working on making a return to DCA for the summer, or maybe even heading back to Disneyland Park?

Rich T

I've only seen it on Youtube, and I liked what I saw. It's too short and has too much Pixar, but it's fun and energetic. My only complaint is the theme's main lyric: Here comes this parade bellowing "When Can We Do This Again?" It's like they're all saying goodbye before the show even starts.

MouseMelly

I enjoy the parade. Sure there are others with more emotion, but it doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy it for what it is. I voted DCA just because I don’t want the extra crowding at DL with the upcoming plans.

mickEblu

It’s no MSEP but it’s a distant second as far as parades at DLR go. I didn’t vote as I’m indifferent towards PTN and I’m ok with it staying at DCA. It’s the Pixar night parade so that makes sense. If it was more classic Disney I’d probably think otherwise... and then change my mind again because operationally DCA is where it belongs

TTA94

Confirmed on Twitter: Paint The Night coming to Walt Disney World this summer for a limited time.

Lol.

Stevek

I really enjoy the show and it's energy. Really works fine in either park but given the number of Pixar floats, probably a better fit for DCA long term. I do think DL needs to have a nighttime parade on a regular basis though and not sure if the resort will be willing to run a parade in each park nightly.

TwilightZone

I really like the parade, it's fun and really neat. However, it's full of pixar, and not enough disney. I think it fits DCA best, but I don't hate it or anything. Plus MSEP was at DCA at one point, so for me, I'm happy with the DCA location.

MKeeler

Paint the Night works thematically at DCA. It ties the two nighttime shows together with color and art. Plus it contains many of the IP represented in the parks. Would just need a Marvel float.

Would love to see a completely new build MSEP at Disneyland as well following the Dreamlights formula, switching out units every couple of years.

Phroobar

I've only seen it on Youtube, and I liked what I saw. It's too short and has too much Pixar, but it's fun and energetic. My only complaint is the theme's main lyric: Here comes this parade bellowing "When Can We Do This Again?" It's like they're all saying goodbye before the show even starts.
I always thought the song meant "When can we come back to Disneyland again?" It's kind of like that kiss good night song they play at the end of the last showing of World of Color. "I dream of Disneyland. Lets all go to Disneyland." It's like they are saying DCA is closed. Get out and spend your money at Disneyland. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

Rich T

I always thought the song meant "When can we come back to Disneyland again?" It's kind of like that kiss good night song they play at the end of the last showing of World of Color. "I dream of Disneyland. Lets all go to Disneyland." It's like they are saying DCA is closed. Get out and spend your money at Disneyland. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.
It makes total sense as a final act song, but it plays through the whole dang parade. I don't want a whole parade's worth of characters waving goodbye.

Stevek

It means "When can we come back to the Disneyland Resort™ again?"

fctiger

I voted for DCA because I just think its nice to have a nice night time balance between the two parks.

Disneyland: Fireworks and Fantasmic

DCA; Parade and World of Color

It gives DCA something extra to have and two big night time shows in each park feel right. DL already has more shows and rides in general so I think its unfair for that park to have three night time shows and DCA only one. And if we're being more honest, that's just one less thing to clog MS at night along with the fireworks and DCA can handle the parade crowds much better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom