I hate to be the one to do this but.....about Paint the Night...

Do you like PTN? Where do you think it fits better?

• Yes/Disneyland

Votes: 66 38.2%
  • Yes/DCA

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • No/Disneyland

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No/DCA

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Just send it to WDW

Votes: 19 11.0%

• Total voters

TP2000

Now this shows up, too. Looks like this page was re-added as recently as today, after the previous screenshot

View attachment 448787

Don't you just love it when the IT guys in New Dehli ruin the big announcement?!? 🤣

As much as I would love to have PTN back, it would seem counterintuitive to bring back this apparently super expensive parade when they are looking to make P&R cuts company wide.

My hunch is that this decision was made months ago, and the IT department just botched the rollout and annoucement.

But then a month ago a little thing called the Coronavirus came along and threw a Chinese wrench into the plans for this spring and summer. Paint The Night could very well go back into mothballs if Mr. Chapek demands serious cuts to the budget for this spring and summer.

But a decision to bring back Paint The Night didn't just happen within the last few weeks, it likely happened at the executive level sometime last year and set into motion a series of planning decisions at the lower levels to get ready for it, long before the Coronavirus came into being. And that could change everything.

TTA94

The dining package seemed to have disappeared from the search bar... but paint the night is still listed 🤷‍♂️ perhaps this was/is just there in error.

PiratesMansion

IF they bring back a night parade after they reopen (probably unlikely in any circumstance), it'll be MSEP. Nothing brings in the locals like that good ol' Christmas-lights-on-chicken-wire-long-due-for-pasture-MAGICAL-antique.

And locals will be the resort's major customers (even moreso than usual) for, at minimum, several months after reopening.

jrhwdw

IF they bring back a night parade after they reopen (probably unlikely in any circumstance), it'll be MSEP. Nothing brings in the locals like that good ol' Christmas-lights-on-chicken-wire-long-due-for-pasture-MAGICAL-antique.

And locals will be the resort's major customers (even moreso than usual) for, at minimum, several months after reopening.
This may be obvious but, as much as I want a Night Parade, we should make sure the brand new Magic Happens is able to run before we ask for MSEP/PTN.

PiratesMansion

This may be obvious but, as much as I want a Night Parade, we should make sure the brand new Magic Happens is able to run before we ask for MSEP/PTN.

Oh, I have no illusion that a night parade is likely to come any time soon, but if they're still not getting a ton of tourist traffic and they decide to spring for a night parade after awhile and indeed after Magic Happens, they'll go with MSEP.

Nland316

I’d imagine when the Holiday season starts in November that would be our first reintroduction to parades and shows. Not too sure on the Oogie Boogie after hours event, as they would probably be focusing on the parks reopening around that time.

fctiger

Wow I know I'm a little slow but I didn't consider the parades would be shut down when it reopened, but yeah. Magic Happens had what, a 3 week run? I'm glad I got to see it in person first but yeah it's going to be a very subdued park whenever it opens up again.

Phroobar

Wow I know I'm a little slow but I didn't consider the parades would be shut down when it reopened, but yeah. Magic Happens had what, a 3 week run? I'm glad I got to see it in person first but yeah it's going to be a very subdued park whenever it opens up again.
Maybe they can retool Tragic Happens with better music and more characters and floats.

iMax

Original Poster
Guess this confirms pixar play parade isn't coming back again

Thats sad..I would have loved to see it moved to Hollywood Studios as part of a 50th anniversary addition for WDW, but also at this rate who knows what kind of 50th WDW is gonna have now given the current circumstances.

Disstevefan1

I picked WDW. Why? Because I do not visit any other Disney park :)
This is such a moot point. There won't be parades in Disney parks for the foreseeable future... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom