I got my Disney Visa card!

Dwarful

Hey Guru, thanks for the 888 # I was finally able to check the status to even see if we (actually my husband) had been approved since some people had received requests for more info and things of that nature and we hadn't heard anything. But when I would call the regular application # they wouldn't tell me the info and my husband is working shift work so I was always asleep when he would be home and awake enough to make the call! So now thanks to you I at least know that the cards are on the way! I hope they send my card with his as he requested an extra card in my name.

Eljay

Bank One Privacy Policy

I'm a happy camper, got mine today.
For those of you who don't want your info shared with other pesky telemarketers, check the packet of papers that came with your card. There is a little folder that says Bank One Privacy Policy. Read it & you will see that they WILL share your private info with other companies unless you call Bank One to "opt out".
Here is the phone number to "opt out". 1-800-869-9638.
Actually I hope you read that brochure as well as all of the paperwork that comes with your card.
Ready, Set, CHARGE! (responsibly of course!)

KathyG/poohbear

Yes, I called the number as well and they said it's running around 30 days. When I called the status line it said it was still under review, they we would receive a written response in 7 - 10 days. I hope that doesn't mean something bad.

I quess...wait, wait wait.

Dwarful

we got ours on Friday. Funny that ours is a joint account and yet they mailed them in different envelopes and gave each card all of the paperwork. But they did arrive on the same day! I have already used it ....just couldn't wait. So now I will have to wait and see how long it takes to get the pin (and the bill!)

wdwguru

Eljay, the pin comes approximately 6 weeks after the first use of the card.

Drawful, FYI: as far as the bill goes, I called Friday and asked. The billing cycle closes between the 20th to the 24th of each month, depending on the month. Then the bill is due between the 15th to the 18th of each month.

Just thought you might want to know.

I used my card for the first time Friday. We'll see how long it takes to get my pin.

pax_65

Originally posted by gjpjtj
Okay....I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! I called Bank One about this, and they said that some of the information I entered on my application didn't match what the credit report says. They want proof of address, and to prove that you are, who you say you are.

Can I ask what number you called? I just received the same letter... strange since my credit is perfect, have virtually no debt, etc. I can't imagine what wouldn't match the credit report. I'd like to talk with them before sending all the info.

Part of me just wants to throw the letter away and forget the whole thing... I'm not in the mood to jump through hoops.

Jon

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Originally posted by Eljay
Cool! Is the pin nice? Did they automatically mail it to you?
Got my pin in less than two weeks. Haven't even paid my first bill yet. Picture is forthcoming. Finally got the software installed....

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Disney Visa card pin

Here's the pin. Comes in a plastic storage box with a notification letter thanking you for using the card, blah, blah, blah....

I'm a British Disney fan, and would love to have a Disney credit card. It's so sad that we cannot apply for one.

Next time I go to the Disney store, I might enquire as to if they have any plans to introduce it over here.

Is there anyone we can e-mail to inform them of our comments? I'm sure if enough interest was received, they may consider it.

I visited disneyworld.com yesterday as I was planning to send Guest Services an e-mail regarding the liklehood of non-US citizens being able to apply for a Disney credit card.

On that site, I clicked on a couple of links to get to a page listing common questions about the credit card, one of which was regarding the international interest.

The reply stated that because the company who issue the Disney credit card (I think it was Bank One) do not operate overseas, it was unlikely that it was ever going to be available to those not resident in the US.

Shame that, isn't it?

I want one :brick:

Well at if I don't have one, I can't use it!! :lol:

bhg469

Originally posted by minniemouseuk
I visited disneyworld.com yesterday as I was planning to send Guest Services an e-mail regarding the liklehood of non-US citizens being able to apply for a Disney credit card.

On that site, I clicked on a couple of links to get to a page listing common questions about the credit card, one of which was regarding the international interest.

The reply stated that because the company who issue the Disney credit card (I think it was Bank One) do not operate overseas, it was unlikely that it was ever going to be available to those not resident in the US.

Shame that, isn't it?

I want one :brick:

Well at if I don't have one, I can't use it!! :lol:

you can have one of mine after i cancel the second one j/k thats not a very good idea

pax_65

Jumping Through Verification Hoops

Ok... I've sent Bank One all the information they requested, all of which seems completely ridiculous. They say they want to verify that I am who I say I am. So I had to put all this crap together and mail it to them with my stamp. How about they send me another application, to my address, and I'll complete it?

I think this is the last time I apply for a credit card online. This is a big headache. Next time I'll tell them to just send me a mailing!

Jon

jaimjaim25

Re: Jumping Through Verification Hoops

Originally posted by pax_65
Ok... I've sent Bank One all the information they requested, all of which seems completely ridiculous. They say they want to verify that I am who I say I am. So I had to put all this crap together and mail it to them with my stamp. How about they send me another application, to my address, and I'll complete it?

I think this is the last time I apply for a credit card online. This is a big headache. Next time I'll tell them to just send me a mailing!

Jon

Oh GOD! THey did that to me too.. I had to send them copies of my bills and phone bill and gas bill.... I've never heard of such things before.. And i have lots of credit cards, and not once did I ever have to copy my life away to a bank.. lol

gjpjtj

Wooohoo! I just called the 1-888-338-2586 number, and I have been approved. Should have my card in 10 days.

Again a real pain to go through hoops to get this thing, (I think it was easier to get my mortgage), but it's done anyway!!!:sohappy:

tigsmom

Can you believe this?!!!
When I first applied for my card I was denied because as a stay at home mom I have no income. Applied in my hubbys name and got our card right away. Well in today's mail I just received (in my name) a pre approved application for the Disney Visa Card!!!
I have one already in my name (hubby's account). What is with these people. By the way I haven't gotten a job in the last month and my personal income is till zero.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom