I got my Disney Visa card!

Stitch79

Now a question for those of you who have the card already, what is the APR of the card? Just wondering if it is ridiulous.

The best interest rate right now is 11.5%, but they have two higher rates for individuals without stellar credit scores. Also please realize that this is a variable rate. Since the prime rate that this is based on is low currently the interest rate is low, but if that prime rate rises then your credit card rate will climb also.

So just be sure to pay off your bill every month if possible!

Interest charges are evil
:fork: :fork:

pax_65

Charge This Trip To Help Pay The Next One!

I don't carry a balance and my current card offers me no special perks, so I love the idea of this card. Every Disney dollar we earn will definitely be used!

Idea: On my next trip (in May), I'm going to put the room keys on the new Disney card, so everything I charge in Disney will count toward the program and help me pay for the next trip!

bhg469

Originally posted by Stitch79
The best interest rate right now is 11.5%, but they have two higher rates for individuals without stellar credit scores. Also please realize that this is a variable rate. Since the prime rate that this is based on is low currently the interest rate is low, but if that prime rate rises then your credit card rate will climb also.

So just be sure to pay off your bill every month if possible!

Interest charges are evil
:fork: :fork:

i got 12% on mine im only 23 and unfortunately since i am a male so i never get a better rate than that

WDWspider

I got mine today and I was so excited by how cool the card looks I forgot to check my interest rate.:lol:

I have a May trip planned and paid for, I wonder if I could recharge it on this card to get the 6 months interest free and the 1% back? Anyone have a clue?

bhg469

Originally posted by spider-man
I got mine today and I was so excited by how cool the card looks I forgot to check my interest rate.:lol:

I have a May trip planned and paid for, I wonder if I could recharge it on this card to get the 6 months interest free and the 1% back? Anyone have a clue?

it wont give you credit on a balence transfer, if you cancel your trip alltogether and pay for it on the disney card you will probably lose whatever deposit you paid. i use mine for gas i should have 1,000,000 disney dollars by june

jaimjaim25

well I applied for mine, and they sent me somehting back wanting a copy of my social security card, my phone bill and my electric bill!!! What a hastle to get a credit card! Especially when I already have about 10 credit cards!! What they dont trust me!!!???

WDWspider

Originally posted by bhg469
it wont give you credit on a balence transfer, if you cancel your trip alltogether and pay for it on the disney card you will probably lose whatever deposit you paid. i use mine for gas i should have 1,000,000 disney dollars by june

No, I wouldn't transfer it. But I don't think I should lose my deposit, I still have two months before the trip??? Any more opinions?

tigsmom

Has anyone gotten their 2nd card yet? I'm still waiting. We have been using my husband's card...pay over $500/month on Rx and have been using it. Everyone who sees it comments on how nice it looks and wants to know about "discounts".

gjpjtj

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
well I applied for mine, and they sent me somehting back wanting a copy of my social security card, my phone bill and my electric bill!!! What a hastle to get a credit card! Especially when I already have about 10 credit cards!! What they dont trust me!!!???

Okay....I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! I called Bank One about this, and they said that some of the information I entered on my application didn't match what the credit report says. They want proof of address, and to prove that you are, who you say you are.

We recently moved, and the address on my credit report is my old one still. I have exellent credit, (in fact we just bought a house), and I still had to go through this process. I mailed my info in last week, and we'll see what happens.:)

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
Has anyone gotten their 2nd card yet? I'm still waiting. We have been using my husband's card...pay over $500/month on Rx and have been using it. Everyone who sees it comments on how nice it looks and wants to know about "discounts".
Our second card just arrived over the weekend. Comments have been very frequent with the new card.

Dwarful

ok, how long did all of you wait before your card(s) arrived after applying? We still haven't gotten our cards yet, no request for more info either. I know our credit is great as we just refinanced the house for a much lower interest rate (we got 5.5% on that one!) I know our credit score and it is great! So I was just wondering...it hasn't been that long I suppose it just feels like ages!

tigsmom

We applied just after the offer and we got our card about 10 days ago. When I called about the missing 2nd card I was told I could take regular mail (7-10 days) or have it overnighted. I chose regular mail and it came yesterday afternoon. Did you call about the missing card...or did you put in 2 separate applications?

ps. used my card last night!!

wdwguru

I applied the first week in March and we got our cards yesterday. I called Friday to find out when we might get a response and after much prodding I got a number to call for status. That number is 1-888-338-2586. It's automated. You put in your SSN and it let's you know what's going on.

When I called the first number they said due to the enormous response it could take up to 30 days to process.

Dwarful

Thanks for the info. I won't have a panic attack yet then, I guess I am just overly anxious to get into debt..oops I mean to start earning those points!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom