I got my Disney Visa card!

WDWspider

Apparently the "old" Disney Card is being discontinued. I can no longer find their online pages. I wonder if former Disney Credit Card holders are being converted to the new Visa? I applied for the new Visa as well, anyone know more?

:lol: I still need to get my balance for the old Georgia Bank one so I can pay it up. :lol: (Guess I have to call, come to think of it... this could explain why I was denied a balance increase previously)

WDWspider

Originally posted by VinnieG
Easier to save for a Disney trip than get into major debt to earn measily points.

For anyone who plans to go that route... I agree. You need to be responsible for this program to benefit you. :brick: (Then again, that should go without saying :rolleyes: )

tigsmom

Tried to apply for the card (as a DC member). I left the $ portion blank and they would not accept my application. Since I'm a stay at home mom I don't qualify for this card. I have never been asked this question on any application and constantly get pre approved applications in the mail for all sorts of cards. Put the card thru in my husbands name (with salary) and it went right thru. Asked for a second card in my name. Haven't received them yet, but look every day in the mail!

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by tigsmom
Tried to apply for the card (as a DC member). I left the $ portion blank and they would not accept my application. Since I'm a stay at home mom I don't qualify for this card. I have never been asked this question on any application and constantly get pre approved applications in the mail for all sorts of cards. Put the card thru in my husbands name (with salary) and it went right thru. Asked for a second card in my name. Haven't received them yet, but look every day in the mail!

i knew it was odd to be asked to disclose salary...
ive never had to do it before as i stated in my previous post, and now i cant have this card! punks lol

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne
i knew it was odd to be asked to disclose salary...
ive never had to do it before as i stated in my previous post, and now i cant have this card! punks lol
funny, I've never filled out a card application where they didn't ask for my salary.

WDWspider

Originally posted by sandjhooker
funny, I've never filled out a card application where they didn't ask for my salary.

me either, but Alicia and I have had that conversation before. Glad someone else is on my side of it though. :lol:

AliciaLuvzDizne

its always an option to list that... like it may say do not wish to disclose, or something like that as an option... so i do not disclose...honestly its not their business how much i make each year... in fact...
credit card companies usually use this to their advantage... like college kids who usually DONT have a lot of money, they take advantage of these people because they know that in an average case, the college kids will fall behind on payment and into the debt pit

not me though woohoo

WDWspider

Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne
its always an option to list that... like it may say do not wish to disclose, or something like that as an option... so i do not disclose...honestly its not their business how much i make each year... in fact...
credit card companies usually use this to their advantage... like college kids who usually DONT have a lot of money, they take advantage of these people because they know that in an average case, the college kids will fall behind on payment and into the debt pit

not me though woohoo

But I think what Sand and I are saying is that we have not filled out those type of applications where you could leave it off.

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Originally posted by spider-man
But I think what Sand and I are saying is that we have not filled out those type of applications where you could leave it off.
Right, the income that you could choose not to disclose would be things like child support and alimony. I think the disclosure of salary lets them set a credit limit for your card or to make sure you have enough to merit issuing a card. Perhaps cards that don't ask for incomes are higher-based in interest rates to cover lower-income people, such as college students.

tigsmom

Our card came today!!! Looks just like the pics on the website. Asked for 2 cards (one in each name) when we applied, but only got one. After activating his card I called the 800#. They were VERY nice and apologetic. After confirming my identity he said my card would be mailed immediately! He also noted that a request for 2 cards was originally received and again apologized. All the info that comes with it is clear and well written. Can't wait to use it. Will book my WDW trip on this one.

Eljay

Good News!

Had a message on my machine today from security at Bank One, when I called back, they were just confirming info & said the card is in the mail! YEAH!!!

CrisKennedy

Came today in the mail--red background with a Mickey head on it and stars. It does say "Cardmember since Day 1" and also lists me as a "Charter Cardmember." Anyone else get one yet?

Congrats! I'm still waiting for mine.

I got mine today, but my wife's didn't come. I called, they said there was "a system error" and her card would arrive in 7-10 days.

[Sheesh. All this so that my wife can get another pin after we use the card.]

Oh, yeah. My card doesn't say "charter cardmember", it says "Disney Vacation Club"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom