I got in!

sydney

Original Poster
Fall 2011 CP here I come!

anyone on here ever taken part in this? at walt disney world?
if so any tips??

165days till I check in and I am estatic! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

T-1MILLION

if so any tips??

So happy for you! I was very late to the game with my phone interview and such so I doubt I am gonna get into either of the fall programs but I am still hoping.

I had planned on doing it for a long time but a series of personal setbacks and a relationship changed courses for me. Best of luck and I am sure you will do an awesome job as your role!

sydney

Original Poster
thanks!!! i'll cross my fingers for you as well!! good luck

and is it hard :shrug: I couldn't tell you..a lot of people get in and a lot of people don't

Mansion Butler

My first tip would be there's a good chance it will be the most fun you've ever had. My first college program was, by far, the most memorable five months of my life to date.

Second tip is sit down with your roommates the first or second day. You'd be amazed what sort of problems arise if you don't communicate and get an idea of what everyone expects out of a living environment early. And because everyone may have such dramatically different schedules, you may never really see them much again once your training picks up, much less all at once. While spirits are high and you haven't learned horrible little quirks about eachother, sit down and talk about dos and don'ts.

Oh, and don't share food. Every single (and I mean every single) group of first-time female roommates I knew on the program thought that was a good idea. Every single time it blew up in to a horrible situation. Buy your own food and eat your own food. Trust me.

Third broad tip would be do everything. There's no reason not to try every attraction to find out if you like it. You get in free, take advantage of it. Eat as many places as your budget can handle. Annual passes to Universal are actually pretty cheap, look in to them. Seaworld is pretty high quality, as well, and worth checking out. Orlando has a ton of cool places to hang out. But the best four places you have free admission to. Do everything you could remotely think you would enjoy while you have the chance.

sydney

Original Poster
My first tip would be there's a good chance it will be the most fun you've ever had. My first college program was, by far, the most memorable five months of my life to date.

Second tip is sit down with your roommates the first or second day. You'd be amazed what sort of problems arise if you don't communicate and get an idea of what everyone expects out of a living environment early. And because everyone may have such dramatically different schedules, you may never really see them much again once your training picks up, much less all at once. While spirits are high and you haven't learned horrible little quirks about eachother, sit down and talk about dos and don'ts.

Oh, and don't share food. Every single (and I mean every single) group of first-time female roommates I knew on the program thought that was a good idea. Every single time it blew up in to a horrible situation. Buy your own food and eat your own food. Trust me.

Third broad tip would be do everything. There's no reason not to try every attraction to find out if you like it. You get in free, take advantage of it. Eat as many places as your budget can handle. Annual passes to Universal are actually pretty cheap, look in to them. Seaworld is pretty high quality, as well, and worth checking out. Orlando has a ton of cool places to hang out. But the best four places you have free admission to. Do everything you could remotely think you would enjoy while you have the chance.

I never would have thought about that but it makes sense haha i figured it would be smart to get to know eachother but i dont know the way you put it i didnt think of so thanks and the sharing food never crossed my mind! thanks great tips that I have not read anywhere else.(i over prepare always)

Mansion Butler

I never would have thought about that but it makes sense haha i figured it would be smart to get to know eachother but i dont know the way you put it i didnt think of so thanks and the sharing food never crossed my mind! thanks great tips that I have not read anywhere else.(i over prepare always)
I thought of it on my first program because they told me to, but I never bothered. That was a mistake. :lol:

Lots of issues with my first set of roommates. None with my second.

wizards8507

Congrats Sydney! I've never done the college program, but I graduate in May and start full-time with Disney on August 1, so I'll be just as antsy the next five months as you will. Hopefully it'll pass pretty painlessly.

sydney

Original Poster
eek that sounds like a bad lesson to learn the hard way so thank you I prob. would have shrugged it off but I'll take advice from someone who lived it haha!

sydney

Original Poster
Congrats Sydney! I've never done the college program, but I graduate in May and start full-time with Disney on August 1, so I'll be just as antsy the next five months as you will. Hopefully it'll pass pretty painlessly.

Thanks!! this wait is killing me i want to go now!

khelinski

Take the entire program for what it is (the good and the bad, and you will experience some bad). Make sure you don't spend all your money down there (wish I was that wise when I did the College Program). Make sure you not only take advantage the Disney parks on your free time, but check out other stuffs in the area (Universal, Old Town on 192, the beaches) - oh - and if you enjoy your time there, EXTEND! Most CPs end up only doing five/six months there (seven if they did the advantage program). Me, I was there the entire year - and I loved every second of it (best year of my whole entire life). But as I said, take it for what it is. Many people either have a rude awakening once they are there - or they get disappointed in the long run. Don't follow in that trap.

Most of all - HAVE FUN!

parkgoer

And because everyone may have such dramatically different schedules, you may never really see them much again once your training picks up, much less all at once.

So true. I remember one night late into my program, where we were all hanging around the living room/kitchen. One of my roomates piped up "hey guys, this is the first time we've all been here together" He was right. Out of my entire CP, that was the one and only night where it was just the 6 roomates. Now that I think about it i wish we took a picture or something. ahhh, the memories of the WDWCP

Yay! Congrats! I just had my phone interview today :p I guess the presentation was a little late on my campus, but the phone interview went well, I guess! It's just gonna be killing me til I know!!! Ah! And did you get an email or just the packet in the mail??

Wilt Dasney

To this I would add check out any Disney-offered tours or seminars that might interest you (even if you're not there to take classes). If I have one regret from my CP, it's ignoring this aspect. I remember seeing sessions with archivist Dave Smith listed that I'm sure I would have enjoyed, but I only found out about them in the last few weeks of my program.

joanna71985

Gotta be some kind of record. Wouldn't it have been better just to go full time there to at least reap the benefits?

I eventually did. 2 of my programs were regular-length programs during school, 2 programs were summer alumni when I was still in school, and my last 2 were after I graduated (my last CP, and then I extended to to start looking for places to stay, and other stuff). I went FT after my last CP ended

MJ_Tonks

if so any tips??

Congrats. I found out yesterday that I got in. I want to leave right away. My name's Molly. We should get to know each other a bit before we arrive so we'll have someone we know down there and hang out if we have time off together. What are you going to be doing? I got quick service food and beverage.

I have a question for people who have been. What exactly is in the aparentment? Do they give you a vacume and a tv? They weren't listed in what's included.

altjd191

I just got my email!! My name is Jon. I am on merchandise for the fall advantage 2011 program!

I would love to talk to you guys sometime!

IM SO EXCITED!!!

:-D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom