I finally saw Laugh Floor Comedy Club, review inside

mousebymarriage

Thanks for the review, we will definately give it a try when we arrive at the end of April. I'm sure my kids will love it, especially my 5 year old son, he loves corny jokes.

Mickey&Minnie

We were able to see a test run in December and it still had some kinks that needed to be worked out in my oppinion. I can't wait to review it again on our next trip later this year. I am glad you enjoyed it.

CJR

I plan to see it when I'm there, but I will admit that it does not sound like my kind of attraction. I'm not to crazy about hearing jokes at a theme park. It's not that I don't like hearing jokes, I just don't like that being the focal point of the show. I'm hoping to have my mind changed when I see the show. I want to like this addition to the park and will give it a fair shot. Thanks for the review!

disnyfan89

I thought it was, but it doesn't stop me from going back for more. That is the magic of Disney- you don't have to like it to go back for more...
Thats odd! You dislike the show but you continue to go and see it. I know for me with stitch I hated it and have only stepped inside again because a friend who is very ill loves stitch and I needed to read a sign inside for the VMK Scavenger Hunt.

mpaul32001

The whole thing just sounds really, really lame to me. I'm not interested in seeing it at all. :shrug:

I on the other hand would have loved to keep timekeeper, but still can't wait to see what Disney can do with this attraction. (still think it belongs in the studios)

jedimaster1227

sure ya do. I don't do Stitch anymore. Stopped doing Carousel of Progress, etc

I take many of my friends to the parks these days and the majority of them haven't been in years, so when they haven't done Stitch before, I don't deny them the chance to see the show because I dislike it. Carousel of Progress on the other hand is a classic that I have been returning to see for many, many years...

The whole thing just sounds really, really lame to me. I'm not interested in seeing it at all. :shrug:

For once, the concept is about as great as it execution...

I on the other hand would have loved to keep timekeeper, but still can't wait to see what Disney can do with this attraction. (still think it belongs in the studios)

I agree on both topics...

MJMcBride

I take many of my friends to the parks these days and the majority of them haven't been in years, so when they haven't done Stitch before, I don't deny them the chance to see the show because I dislike it. Carousel of Progress on the other hand is a classic that I have been returning to see for many, many years...

Thats one reason to go to Stitch, but if they had been there ya don't go right?

The Genii

While Carousel of Progress is a classic, Stitch literally stinks--it is the very WORST that Disney has to offer and you should do anything you can to keep people away from it because it gives them a stilted opinion of what a Disney attraction is.

Stitch is a turd best avoided. The Comedy Club can't possibly be worse.

jedimaster1227

Thats one reason to go to Stitch, but if they had been there ya don't go right?

Most likely not- unless every other attraction in Tomorrowland has a large wait...

While Carousel of Progress is a classic, Stitch literally stinks--it is the very WORST that Disney has to offer and you should do anything you can to keep people away from it because it gives them a stilted opinion of what a Disney attraction is.

Stitch is a turd best avoided. The Comedy Club can't possibly be worse.

Actually there are far worse attractions offered at Disney (to name a few: Journey into Imagination with Figment, the Laugh Floor Comedy Club, and Circle of Life [in the Symbiosis Theater]).

I really am eager to see how what you think of the show compared to Stitch's Great Escape after watching it for the first time... :rolleyes:

nibblesandbits

I just have one thing to say about this...(and I'm not ripping on you here...so don't take it that way.)

to you, it may sound lame. But somebody else is going to love it.

To each their own...but Disney is never going to build an attraction that appeals to everyone. It's just impossible.

For example, I don't really care for TOT or CBJ, but do you see me complaining? No...because out there in this world, there is someone who actually loves those attractions. Same thing will be true for TLF. There will be people who absolutely love it...and there will be those who think it's dumb.

Me, I'm still reserving judgement until I actually see the attraction in PERSON, not based off the concept and what I hear on the internet. (Which...as of late, the comments of people who have come off TLF that I have read here have been positive...just as a reminder.)

Valawen9

I just have one thing to say about this...(and I'm not ripping on you here...so don't take it that way.)

to you, it may sound lame. But somebody else is going to love it.

Well duh :hammer: , I know that. lol :lol: I was just saying, it sounds dumb to me. That's just my opinion and I know there are people out there who are going to like it. Its the same with any attraction.

I'm going to try it just to see exactly what its like, but just from what I've heard about it, it doesn't sound like something I'd really want to see more than once or twice.

Who knows though, for years I was afraid to try Splash Mountain and I finally rode it last year and now its one of my favorites! :lol:

nibblesandbits

Well duh :hammer: , I know that. lol :lol: I was just saying, it sounds dumb to me. That's just my opinion and I know there are people out there who are going to like it. Its the same with any attraction.

I'm going to try it just to see exactly what its like, but just from what I've heard about it, it doesn't sound like something I'd really want to see more than once or twice.

Who knows though, for years I was afraid to try Splash Mountain and I finally rode it last year and now its one of my favorites! :lol:
Ok...good. :)

It just kinda bugs me when people simply write off rides before they even try them...claiming that the concept sounds dumb or the queue isn't themed enough, etc. It just seems like lately, more and more, people are writing things off way too easily. Pointing the finger too soon. Especially after the whole Stich debacule. And it disappoints me greatly that people are so quick to judge.

I have heard some good stuff about it as of late though, so it may suprise you. Just like COP suprised me. And now I love that attraction and will be sorely upset when it will probably go.

I also know what you mean about being afraid of rides...when I was a kid, I was terrified of Space Mountain...now, I can't imagine not going on it. Hands down one of my favorite Disney rides ever! (Good for you by the way on Splash!! Also one of my favorites!)

Valawen9

I also know what you mean about being afraid of rides...when I was a kid, I was terrified of Space Mountain...now, I can't imagine not going on it. Hands down one of my favorite Disney rides ever! (Good for you by the way on Splash!! Also one of my favorites!)

I also had never ridden ToT until October of last year. lol I think if I never go on that again it'll be too soon. It was a little much for me. lol If you saw me sitting there after the ride was over you'd think I was having a seizure because I was shaking so bad from being scared to death! :lol:

nibblesandbits

I also had never ridden ToT until October of last year. lol I think if I never go on that again it'll be too soon. It was a little much for me. lol If you saw me sitting there after the ride was over you'd think I was having a seizure because I was shaking so bad from being scared to death! :lol:
I almost puked on TOT! :lol:

I decided to try it a few years ago. I got on it...enjoyed the first part...then when it got to the dropping part, and after it dropped after the first time...I said...OMG! I think I'm gonna :hurl: Needless to say, it made for a really awesome picture of me...so my family decided to buy it! :rolleyes:

Valawen9

I almost puked on TOT! :lol:

I decided to try it a few years ago. I got on it...enjoyed the first part...then when it got to the dropping part, and after it dropped after the first time...I said...OMG! I think I'm gonna :hurl: Needless to say, it made for a really awesome picture of me...so my family decided to buy it! :rolleyes:

During the entire drop sequence I had my eyes shut and screamed at the top of my lungs nonstop. :lol: I find that screaming makes my stomach feel less like its going to fly out of my mouth. lol

FigmentJedi

Actually there are far worse attractions offered at Disney (to name a few: Journey into Imagination with Figment, the Laugh Floor Comedy Club, and Circle of Life [in the Symbiosis Theater]).

I really am eager to see how what you think of the show compared to Stitch's Great Escape after watching it for the first time... :rolleyes:
I actually like JIIWF and Circle of Life. JIIWF is at least heaves better than the steaming pile of crap it replaced. Personally, I like to think of it as Figment's revenge.
And the only thing detracting from Circle of Life is how preachy it is at points, but otherwise, is a lot better than Stitch. That and the "Dam" gag amuses me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom