I finally saw Laugh Floor Comedy Club, review inside

disnyfan89

FYI I hadn't read any reviews of MILF before I saw it this past week and I was therefore not swayed by anyone's opinion. After the show was over and we had gone back outside, I looked at my wife and voiced my reservations, to which she basically replied "I thought it was terrible". We're both Disneyholics and have ridden every ride MANY times, even the ones we don't care so much about. At least I didn't get her to write the review!
I seriously hope that they continue to tweak the show as I'm sure it can be much better. My concern, again, is that the CM said that there would be no further alterations to the show. I hope he was wrong. I'm also not trying to sway anyone from seeing the show. Go see it and judge for yourself. Maybe we just got unlucky for this one show and it bombed toward the end - who knows? I guess I'll find out the next time we get to see it.

Did anyone else find it strange that the show turned into a Q&A at the end? I thought it was supposed to be about jokes. The kids they were trying to Q&A at the end didn't have a clue about what was going on.
You opinion is fair because you have actually seen the show! My post was directed at those who haven't.

Valawen9

Ok so I finally saw it a couple of times today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. To me it was just a better version of Turtle Talk. It was actually kind of funny...some parts of it.

Its nothing that I have to see every time I go though. Once every few months is enough for me, if that.

nibblesandbits

The only problem I have with the negative opinions way before an attraction opens is that it gives a lot of posters a biased opinion going into the attraction when they finally see it. It's ok if they don't know a thing and then they come out thinking it sucks anyway. But having all those negative opinions in their heads as they're going in won't help I think.

It's ok to discuss, but why dismiss something you don't know? And for those that are easily swayed, it's best not to read any threads pertaining to upcoming attractions in the first place :lol:
I totally, 100% agree with you on this.

nibblesandbits

Ok so I finally saw it a couple of times today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. To me it was just a better version of Turtle Talk. It was actually kind of funny...some parts of it.

Its nothing that I have to see every time I go though. Once every few months is enough for me, if that.
Glad to hear you at least gave it a chance!

dxwwf3

Timekeeper was incredibly boring too

If by boring you mean that it was a flat out fantastic film, with an incredible back story and theme, as well as some of the best work Robin Williams has done since the 80's, then I completely agree :p

Actually, I don't see how anyone can think this is any worse than the pathetic meet and greet area that was in the TK area for far too long. I don't think many people expect this to be a great attraction or anything like that, but I feel that it will be a nice diversion and will once again give me reason to enter Tomorrowland from the hub/Plaza Pavilion.

dxwwf3

Also, after looking at the Yee pictures, I must say that I'm VERY impressed with the queue. Disney could be pulling a "Revenge of The Mummy" here where the queue is better than the actual attraction. At least in my opinion.

jedimaster1227

Also, after looking at the Yee pictures, I must say that I'm VERY impressed with the queue. Disney could be pulling a "Revenge of The Mummy" here where the queue is better than the actual attraction. At least in my opinion.

I didn't think that the queue was that nice... In fact, I thought it's futuristic theming was merely transplanted from the Timekeeper's queue (as the similarities in the first room are obvious).

Speak for yourself I loved Time Keeper.

So did I...

DDuckFan130

If by boring you mean that it was a flat out fantastic film, with an incredible back story and theme, as well as some of the best work Robin Williams has done since the 80's, then I completely agree :p

Actually, I don't see how anyone can think this is any worse than the pathetic meet and greet area that was in the TK area for far too long. I don't think many people expect this to be a great attraction or anything like that, but I feel that it will be a nice diversion and will once again give me reason to enter Tomorrowland from the hub/Plaza Pavilion.
:p :p

I saw it once and even though I love Robin Williams, I never cared to see it again :lol:

surfsupdon

I just returned today from my chaperoning "duties" at WDW. Though I had not seen the show, the stduents and chaperones who did had nothing but positives. They said it was really funny and enjoyed the video screen audience participation. They said it rocked.

dxwwf3

I didn't think that the queue was that nice... In fact, I thought it's futuristic theming was merely transplanted from the Timekeeper's queue (as the similarities in the first room are obvious).

1. I don't think the lack of a good futuristic theme is that big of a deal because, let's face it, Tomorrowland is dead anyways. Maybe it will come back in the future, but now it's dead and I guess the important thing is that the attractions aren't terrible.

2. I'm glad you can see the similarities to the Timekeeper room because that will help remind me of better times and it doesn't seem out of place to those that never saw Timekeeper.

jedimaster1227

1. I don't think the lack of a good futuristic theme is that big of a deal because, let's face it, Tomorrowland is dead anyways. Maybe it will come back in the future, but now it's dead and I guess the important thing is that the attractions aren't terrible.

2. I'm glad you can see the similarities to the Timekeeper room because that will help remind me of better times and it doesn't seem out of place to those that never saw Timekeeper.

Tomorrowland isn't dead yet. Space Mountain is still a hit along with the Astro Orbiter, the Tomorrowland Speedway, the TTA and Buzz Lightyear. Just because Stitch and Monster's Inc. have moved in, doesn't mean that Tomorrowland is dead. The lack of futuristic theming just helps to prove that their location really is out of place.

The similarities remind me of the Timekeeper for sure, but the fact that they are still there seems odd considering that this attraction has nothing to do with "the future that never was."

dxwwf3

Tomorrowland isn't dead yet. Space Mountain is still a hit along with the Astro Orbiter, the Tomorrowland Speedway, the TTA and Buzz Lightyear. Just because Stitch and Monster's Inc. have moved in, doesn't mean that Tomorrowland is dead. The lack of futuristic theming just helps to prove that their location really is out of place.

The Astro Orbiter and TTA really aren't that different from what they've always been, minor changes only and the Speedway has never perfectly fit in. I think that the land will reinvent itself eventually, but I'm sorry we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Yes there are still some great things left in the land, Carousel of Progress being on the top of my list, it just isn't Tomorrowland anymore. But that doesn't mean it can't be entertaining and good as it is now.

Xadllas

Well it would be nice if Disney would just go back to making original attractions and get their heads out of the box office. I know thats not popular right now but just making character based attractions isn't helping it get popular again.

jedimaster1227

Well it would be nice if Disney would just go back to making original attractions and get their heads out of the box office. I know thats not popular right now but just making character based attractions isn't helping it get popular again.

But Disney has been doing it for more than just a few years. How many guests [do you think] that ride Splash Mountain know that the characters are from Song of the South? How many of those guests that know of the movie and its relationship to the ride have even seen the movie?

Disney did the same thing with the Matterhorn at Disneyland- it is based off of an original Walt Disney film...

Xadllas

But Disney has been doing it for more than just a few years. How many guests [do you think] that ride Splash Mountain know that the characters are from Song of the South? How many of those guests that know of the movie and its relationship to the ride have even seen the movie?

Disney did the same thing with the Matterhorn at Disneyland- it is based off of an original Walt Disney film...
Ok but I wasn't saying that it wasn't done before now.. but that not all of the new attractions that Disney made then were not all character based and most of then were succesfull. But all Disney puts out there now is movie based stuff and the imagineers never put any real imagination into their attractions anymore. If Everest is all they can think of then I'm starting to lose faith in their creative abilities.

bingie

I've seen this attraction since it started the previews in december and the monsters have gone through many changes...some removed, some added.

Just wondering, when did ella from sam and ella get lipstick? The last time i seen it (with the Eifel Tower bit) it was a guys voice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom