I finally saw Laugh Floor Comedy Club, review inside

bgula

You can read my review on the review site if you're interested. Needless to say, I was looking forward to the Laugh Floor, but after having seen it, once is enough per trip. It needs major work, or should I say re-work, now that it's about to open for everyone. Is it worse than Stitch - hmmmmmm - I don't know if I'd go that far, but it's close. At least it seemed to me this past week that most people have finally realized that Stitch is BADDD. Every ride in the park was jammed (like Christmas, but some were worse), but Stitch had a 5 minute wait.

scottnj1966

I got to see the show today (Marrch 16th). It was cute. Will be good for the whole family.
I am guessing this is still not complete, their were about 8 suits on the back row watching the audience.

One think I recommend, get a more power computer system to run the screen. To much lag and delay. Stop using HP computers Diseny, hahaha

Imagineer Mitch

I was just wondering if it was going to be one of those little plush toy evil:fork: rides cause it seems tomorrowland is getting all the little furry things and not high tech and good shows like they use to have Alien Encounter so are they just saving it for Epcot or what? Plz ppl reply back on this I really want to know and if u can plz email me

speck76

First of all, let me say that all the negative press that the attraction has been getting on the online areas and such made me want to see the show that much more. What I saw today was a show that was completely opposite of what most people think online. Its a very well done attraction and one that will no doubt be popular with the whole family. While it does have a few issues, there was nothing that will detract from the overall fun that this new attraction will bring to the Magic Kingdom.

That is usually the case.....the negativity online breeds more negativity. Has WDW opened any attraction since the rise of online forums that has been viewed by the "fans" as a great addition? Even very popular new attractions like Mission Space, Soarin', LMAX, and Expedition Everest had a large number of detractors.....

I would bet that in this case (and previously in the case of the above mentioned attractions) 90% of those online that "hate it" have never even seen it.....but since it is not Beastly Kingdomme or a $400Billion replacement to 20K, they see no purpose to it....and God forbid they realize that "not every attraction is designed for a 15year old boy"

EpcotServo

I would bet that in this case (and previously in the case of the above mentioned attractions) 90% of those online that "hate it" have never even seen it.....but since it is not Beastly Kingdomme or a $400Billion replacement to 20K, they see no purpose to it....and God forbid they realize that "not every attraction is designed for a 15year old boy"
Oh...snap!
:lol:

I'm quite glad to see that out of 8 reviews here on WDW Magic only two are bad. It looks like the guests and everyone ARE enjoying the Laugh Floor!
:D

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
That is usually the case.....the negativity online breeds more negativity. Has WDW opened any attraction since the rise of online forums that has been viewed by the "fans" as a great addition? Even very popular new attractions like Mission Space, Soarin', LMAX, and Expedition Everest had a large number of detractors.....

I also think its human nature to complain. If you like something you're a lot less likely to comment on it. There were a few that were very vocal about the POTC update being horrendous. But when the topic was actually posted as a poll 80-90% of wdwmagicers liked the updates.

What I don't get is the pre-complaining. It seems like a lot of people have written MILF off without having seen it. I read the reviews people have posted (both positive and negative). I have a positive feeling about the show and have said so. However, those that have negative vibes about the attraction seem to turn their premonition into fact and then launch into their hatred of the show without having seen it (not in all cases, but in quite a few). In general, I'm just happy when I get new shows, rides, and refurbs. I'm sure Imagineering isn't going to bat a thousand, but I'm still happy they're taking a few hacks and hitting some out of the park.

speck76

I also think its human nature to complain. If you like something you're a lot less likely to comment on it. There were a few that were very vocal about the POTC update being horrendous. But when the topic was actually posted as a poll 80-90% of wdwmagicers liked the updates.

What I don't get is the pre-complaining. It seems like a lot of people have written MILF off without having seen it. I read the reviews people have posted (both positive and negative). I have a positive feeling about the show and have said so. However, those that have negative vibes about the attraction seem to turn their premonition into fact and then launch into their hatred of the show without having seen it (not in all cases, but in quite a few). In general, I'm just happy when I get new shows, rides, and refurbs. I'm sure Imagineering isn't going to bat a thousand, but I'm still happy they're taking a few hacks and hitting some out of the park.
good post....

and...MILF (love the acronym) sure beats a long-shuttered attraction....

something > nothing

dxwwf3

Has WDW opened any attraction since the rise of online forums that has been viewed by the "fans" as a great addition?

1. Welcome back speck

2. You've got to be kidding :lol:. The VAST majority of opinions about Soarin', Expedition Everest, Finding Nemo The Musical, POTC changes, and to a lesser extent The Seas With Nemo and Friends have been overwhelmingly positive. Maybe you tend to focus too much on the negative opinions presented, but I think most "fans" and normal guests are very pleased with these changes. Being skeptical before something opens doesn't mean that opinions can not change. Opinions about The Laugh Floor have never been on the same level of negativity as something like SGE or Imagination. Not even close. But there have been plenty of people that have seen the show and have has less than steller reviews. It's not the end of the world. I've been pleased with what I've heard of the show through podcasts that have featured show audio and I look forward to seeing the show. You know I don't expect to like this anywhere near as much as I did The Timekeeper, but that's ok too. At least the queue, main stage, and storyline has received more attention than previous attractions in the park and that's all I can ask for. Can't wait to see it next year.

Raven66

For example, I don't really care for TOT or CBJ, but do you see me complaining? No...because out there in this world, there is someone who actually loves those attractions. Same thing will be true for TLF. There will be people who absolutely love it...and there will be those who think it's dumb.

Me, I'm still reserving judgement until I actually see the attraction in PERSON, not based off the concept and what I hear on the internet. (Which...as of late, the comments of people who have come off TLF that I have read here have been positive...just as a reminder.)

I agree with you nibbles! I personally hate RnRC but I tried it anyway. I made the mistake of sitting next to my daughter. I survived but her hand probably could have used a cast:lookaroun I was so afraid that she was going to fall out I was holding on for dear life. She still goes on with my hubby but I won't step foot on it again. Maybe some day I will get the nerve to try again.

I can't wait to see TLF. I also our little family loves Stitch and Figment. So like you said, to each his/her own. :shrug:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Being skeptical before something opens doesn't mean that opinions can not change. Opinions about The Laugh Floor have never been on the same level of negativity as something like SGE or Imagination. Not even close. But there have been plenty of people that have seen the show and have has less than steller reviews.

I agree with this, but I have seen conversations along the lines of - "It's too bad first time park goers will waste time with this when there are plenty of good attractions for them to attend" and people chiming in after a negative review that they now know they shouldn't waste time with this. I think this type of conversation about an attraction that many haven't seen and is purposely being tinkered with before opening to borders on insane, but maybe that's just me.

disnyfan89

I agree with this, but I have seen conversations along the lines of - "It's too bad first time park goers will waste time with this when there are plenty of good attractions for them to attend" and people chiming in after a negative review that they now know they shouldn't waste time with this. I think this type of conversation about an attraction that many haven't seen and is purposely being tinkered with before opening to borders on insane, but maybe that's just me.
No I have to agree with you ASHJLJ! I know that awhile back EpcotServo and I posted how much we loved MILF and are comments were completely ignored but as soon as Jedimaster posted his review of how much he hated the attraction, everyone agreed with him and said things like "Our worst fears have been realized."

It es me off so much that people see a trend and just jump on-board! It really is ashame that free thinking seems to have disappeared on this forum. I really wish we could only comment on new attractions after they have been open for sixs months. That way there is no "well he hated it and I haven't seen it yet but I know for a fact this has to be the worst attraction of all time!" People really just need to start thinking for themselves!:fork: :fork: :fork:

JikoMarie

You've got to be kidding :lol:. The VAST majority of opinions about Soarin', Expedition Everest, Finding Nemo The Musical, POTC changes, and to a lesser extent The Seas With Nemo and Friends have been overwhelmingly positive.

I've been around these WDW message boards since 2004 and I can say that I agree with the previous poster about the negativity surrounding new rides. The reviews of the above attractions may have been overwhelmingly positive after the fact but before they came out, from the time that the concept was announced until the previews, there was a heck of a lot of complaining and predictions of failed attractions.

EpcotServo

You know I don't expect to like this anywhere near as much as I did The Timekeeper, but that's ok too. At least the queue, main stage, and storyline has received more attention than previous attractions in the park and that's all I can ask for. Can't wait to see it next year.
See, that's why I think I like it so much. I went in there KNOWING it wouldn't be as good as Timekeeper. And I agree The Laugh Floor is much better than bumper cars.

dxwwf3

I've been around these WDW message boards since 2004 and I can say that I agree with the previous poster about the negativity surrounding new rides. The reviews of the above attractions may have been overwhelmingly positive after the fact but before they came out, from the time that the concept was announced until the previews, there was a heck of a lot of complaining and predictions of failed attractions.

So what? What's wrong with having opinions about something before it opens? That's one of the reasons there are message boards: for discussion. The only opinion that matters is the one given after the ride opens. You pretty much made my point for me.

DDuckFan130

The only problem I have with the negative opinions way before an attraction opens is that it gives a lot of posters a biased opinion going into the attraction when they finally see it. It's ok if they don't know a thing and then they come out thinking it sucks anyway. But having all those negative opinions in their heads as they're going in won't help I think.

It's ok to discuss, but why dismiss something you don't know? And for those that are easily swayed, it's best not to read any threads pertaining to upcoming attractions in the first place :lol:

dxwwf3

The only problem I have with the negative opinions way before an attraction opens is that it gives a lot of posters a biased opinion going into the attraction when they finally see it. It's ok if they don't know a thing and then they come out thinking it sucks anyway. But having all those negative opinions in their heads as they're going in won't help I think.

It's ok to discuss, but why dismiss something you don't know? And for those that are easily swayed, it's best not to read any threads pertaining to upcoming attractions in the first place :lol:

Maybe it's like that for some people, but when it comes to attractions, I always seem to enjoy them more if I have low expectations. For example, I had read all the positive publicity about Mission Space before the attraction opened and so many people said it was extremely intense, and then when I first got off the attraction I said "That's it?". I have since grown to enjoy the attraction, but if I had lower expectations from the start, it wouldn't have taken repeat rides to enjoy.

On the flip side, I had lower expectations for Soarin' because of the grumbles about getting the same film as DCA among other things, and I got off that attraction feeling wonderful.

I think you offer the best advice though to those that are easily swayed, STAY AWAY from threads about attraction opinions.

Valawen9

So what? What's wrong with having opinions about something before it opens? That's one of the reasons there are message boards: for discussion. The only opinion that matters is the one given after the ride opens. You pretty much made my point for me.

There isn't anything wrong with having an opinion about something before you've seen/done it.

I've read the good reviews and I've read the bad reviews. Even from the good reviews it doesn't sound very appealing to me. I've heard people say that its a lot like Turtle Talk...well, I'm not even that big of a fan of Turtle Talk. Seeing it once or twice in my lifetime is enough for me. So UNTIL I actually see MILF for myself that's going to be my opinion on it. It just doesn't SOUND like something I'd really like. And whatever, because I know there are going to be a lot of people who are going to love it and that's great.

Hopefully when I see it I'll be surprised and actually really enjoy it.

bgula

No I have to agree with you ASHJLJ! I know that awhile back EpcotServo and I posted how much we loved MILF and are comments were completely ignored but as soon as Jedimaster posted his review of how much he hated the attraction, everyone agreed with him and said things like "Our worst fears have been realized."

It es me off so much that people see a trend and just jump on-board! It really is ashame that free thinking seems to have disappeared on this forum. I really wish we could only comment on new attractions after they have been open for sixs months. That way there is no "well he hated it and I haven't seen it yet but I know for a fact this has to be the worst attraction of all time!" People really just need to start thinking for themselves!:fork: :fork: :fork:

FYI I hadn't read any reviews of MILF before I saw it this past week and I was therefore not swayed by anyone's opinion. After the show was over and we had gone back outside, I looked at my wife and voiced my reservations, to which she basically replied "I thought it was terrible". We're both Disneyholics and have ridden every ride MANY times, even the ones we don't care so much about. At least I didn't get her to write the review!
I seriously hope that they continue to tweak the show as I'm sure it can be much better. My concern, again, is that the CM said that there would be no further alterations to the show. I hope he was wrong. I'm also not trying to sway anyone from seeing the show. Go see it and judge for yourself. Maybe we just got unlucky for this one show and it bombed toward the end - who knows? I guess I'll find out the next time we get to see it.

Did anyone else find it strange that the show turned into a Q&A at the end? I thought it was supposed to be about jokes. The kids they were trying to Q&A at the end didn't have a clue about what was going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom