I don't know how to title this...

AlishaMisha

Original Poster
I was recalling a memory of my childhood on WDW property and it made me think. Here i'll explain...

When I was young I tought myself how to swim at Dixie Landings(PO:RS) in the pool next to the Parterre Place 9501-9932 building. A week later my cousin taught herself to swim in the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon.

So it made we wonder, Do any of you have a memory of a life milestone happen at WDW? Learn how to swim? Learn to ride a bike? Walk? Talk? Anything? I want to hear it! Around what age, Where, and any details you can give... If by any chance you got a pic, those are welcome! Even if it didn't happen to you I still want to hear it! Spill the beans!

:king: ~Leash

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I learned a valuable life lesson at Disneyland a few years back... Never take your Ex-wife on vacation with you!

Does that count? :shrug:

:ROFLOL:

Montyboy

Something else we have in common (Monty is my Chocolate Lab).
I took my ex-wife in vacation once. My daughter is older now - eight - so now just the two of us go.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Something else we have in common (Monty is my Chocolate Lab).
I took my ex-wife in vacation once. My daughter is older now - eight - so now just the two of us go.

AHAHAH! What!?

Never take an "ex" anything anywhere!
DS [now-12] and I started going to WDW when he was 5 and I thought it was important for him to experience it "as a family", so I paid her way. After three WDW trips [including a Land & Sea], we went to California... It was cloudy, cool and rained a fair bit. She complained one day "I didn't come all the way to California for weather like this!" :eek: [I booked in October, even at my most psychic, I've never been that good!] Our last full day, it rained all day. She complained all day. DS and I had a great time, we rode the river rafts and California Screamin' eight or more times in the rain! The next morning she got up and went to the gym before I woke up, I found a note saying DS and I should bring her back some breakfast... :rolleyes: On the walk to breakfast, I asked if he'd like to try our next vacation as a "boys only"... He immediately agreed. [Her sole financial contribution to all five trips was she bought each of us one chocolate at the DL DTD candy store].

DS and I have been to WDW three times since, are headed there tomorrow and will go in February. :D

tharmscott

It's good to know I'm not the only idiot that took their ex to WDW. We divorced in Sept that year and went in November. I thought I was doing the kids a favor until one night when he had dissappeared for the bar they ask me if we could come again without daddy. It would be more fun. This November will be our 2nd trip just me and the girls. And they were right it is more fun!!

Craig & Lisa

We had a "taffy incident" at the Cape May Cafe and my son lost a tooth. My husband ate fish for the first time (he never liked it in over 16 years of marriage) at Cape May

sweetpee_1993

My oldest son lost a tooth at the MK during our first family trip. He was eating a Mickey Premium bar. Of course there was much drama and freaking out over blood (and this wasn't even his first lost tooth). The Tooth Fairy had to get a special call from us. Although she was completely exhausted, she made her visit as always. Of course she left a little extra just because it was a Disney Tooth. LOL!

Second trip, my youngest son lost a tooth (not his first either) when he took his first bite of his Mickey Premium. I'll neeever forget this one. We were standing over by Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. He really yelped it up, crying and freaking out. People were looking at us as if we had ripped the tooth from his head. It was kinda embarrassing. Then, when the drama was over with I handed him back his ice cream to which he said "I don't want THHAAAAT!" It was nearly a Disney Mom Meltdown Moment. He had a change of heart. The ice cream was enjoyed and he was eventually tickled that he, too, had joined the Disney Tooth Club.

3 out of 4 trips now at least one of our sons has lost a tooth eating ice cream. We've been suspecting they are doing this purposely. We've started checking how sturdy their teeth are prior to leaving for vacation. :) We all get a good laugh when we eat our ice cream watching each other to see who will have a tooth pop out. LOL!

It's odd, I know. LOL!

sweetpee_1993

Oooh ooh! I thought of another one!

When I was like 5 or so Big Thunder Mountain was brand new. During one of our visits with my dad he took my aunt, cousin, brother, and me to WDW. When we got around by BTMRR Dad looked at all 3 of us kids and said that someone had to ride it with him or we were leaving. My big brother and cousin both refused. I was desperate to stay even though I was absolutely terrified to ride a rollercoaster. I cried and shook thru the whole line. When the ride started rolling I wrapped myself around the lap bar, squeezed my eyes shut, and screamed hysterically the whole time. When it was over I thought I had died. It was the most terrifying thing I ever did. So, my first coaster ride was BTMRR at age 5. It didn't go well at all and I wouldn't even dream of riding anything like that again for many years.

When I was 12 my mother, her hubby, my brother, and 3 step-siblings had passes to Disney. We lived in Central Florida. All of my family would ride the coasters but I wouldn't dare. I still had my memory of my 1st ride with Dad. I always sat by myself at the exit waiting for them to come bounding off ready to go again. They would all beg and plead for me to give it a shot promising I would love it. Nope. Not me. My mom found out that I had a huge longing for a purple set of mouse ears. She bribed me to try BTMRR one more time for a set of those exquisite ears that I so wanted. She said if I tried it one time and didn't like it, they would never ask again and I'd have the ears. Soooo, I tried it. My mom and younger step sister squeezed into a front seat with me in the middle. I remember how absolutely terrified I was going up that first, loud lift hill. When we crested the top and started zooming around the curves it was like my spirit was set free. I squealed and giggled the whole ride. I looooved it! We rode it again 3 more times. After my life-changing rides I asked Mom to go get my purple mouse ears. She hesitated and said "But you liked it." I just smiled and said, "A deal is a deal and you promised. You never said if I liked it I wouldn't get my ears." So I got my ears and overcame my terror of rollercoasters. Ever since then, there has been no coaster that I've passed the chance to ride. I loooove 'em!!!

:sohappy:

MattyFresh

I taught my dad a very valuable lesson.....don't have your son on your shoulders if he isn't potty trained.....POTC was my most favoritest ride when I was little, especially my first time at the World. I got all excited, and, well needless to say, he needed a shower

gleason406

When I was 5 or 6 and deathly afraid of heights my dad encouraged me to go on one of the water slides at river country that the slide ended and then it was just air before you dropped into the pool. Since I was so little I remember the drop being like a million feet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom