I complained....and I actualy got satisfaction.

Main Street USA

It would seem I am a woeful complainer. I'll go back under my rock. :ROFLOL:
Sorry, but that sounds good to me. I don't mind someone having legitimate complaints, but none of yours are legit. You fall in the same category of people that complain to guest relations that the lines are too long. Geez.

You should have known EVERYTHING you complained about before you booked your stay. The fact that you didn't do any research and didn't think it was worth it is YOUR problem, not Disney's. Do a little research, then say "Is it worth it?" Take some responsibility for yourself and your own actions. The rest of the people staying in that resort didn't complain because THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE BUYING! DUH!

Beyond that, the fact that Disney gave you something because you complained about this beautiful place is a JOKE. It's people like you that make things so expensive for the rest of us.

Ugh...just pathetic.....and sickening what people can get away with inside that place.

maggiegrace1

Sorry, but that sounds good to me. I don't mind someone having legitimate complaints, but none of yours are legit. You fall in the same category of people that complain to guest relations that the lines are too long. Geez.

You should have known EVERYTHING you complained about before you booked your stay. The fact that you didn't do any research and didn't think it was worth it is YOUR problem, not Disney's. Do a little research, then say "Is it worth it?" Take some responsibility for yourself and your own actions. The rest of the people staying in that resort didn't complain because THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE BUYING! DUH!

Beyond that, the fact that Disney gave you something because you complained about this beautiful place is a JOKE. It's people like you that make things so expensive for the rest of us.

Ugh...just pathetic.....and sickening what people can get away with inside that place.

*insert nodding head smilie here*

:)

The_CEO

Wow.

I've waited to respond to this thread for obvious reasons but after giving it some thought here it goes.

It seems to be, just like stated above by recent posters, that your complaints are not only absurd, but just almost ridiculous. They range from the coffee to the "cafeteria" food... What did you expect from a counter service restaurant? Bacon cooked to perfection? What also has me worried is that you obviously wrote a lengthy letter of complaints to WDW in hope of a freebie, and like Zack has stated you are the reason we have to pay even more premium prices. Note to other thread viewers, BugsBunny also must stay at a Hampton Inn and since they have a 100% Guarantee, he complains and gets a free stay.

goodtimes5286

It is very apparent you didn't do your research at ALL. If you want a good theme and your going to be around the hotel most of the time the WL is an AMAZING place to stay, there is literally DAYS worth of activities just inside of the resort (I stayed there for 4/5 days and I went to the parks 1ce).

If your on the go go go and you want to get a good value that's what VALUE RESORTS are for. It's for people who enjoy Disney's parks and they don't want AMAZING restaurants, or a GORGEOUS theme, or a LARGER room size, etc etc. They want a quick 1 stop food shop, with a refillable mug, and its out they go and Disney created value resorts perfectally for these consumers. Go there, get your value, be happy.

This is also why the value resorts have better transportation (in my experience and imo). These customers are flying around using DW transportation to go to theme parks while Deluxe customers hang more around the hotels enjoying the ambiance and the decor. Theres no reason to have 8 busses going from WL to each destination, thats called personal transportation and thats also called a car. I would actually wonder if someone could get the numbers on how many people use disney busses at value resorts vs deluxe resorts, because from my experience, value>deluxe everytime. Even CS (a moderate) there was 1/2 families on the bus with me everytime. But at PC its pretty much >15 (atleast I cant remember a time where that wasnt the case), even in the middle of the day!

Your argument about compairing motel 6 to WL is irrevelent and laughible to be honest. Thats like compairing the local fair to Disney.

....just my two pennies....

The_CEO

Last time I checked staying at a deluxe hotel didn't mean you weren't on the "go go go" as well.. If anything I would expect more buses to the more expensive resorts.

goodtimes5286

Last time I checked staying at a deluxe hotel didn't mean you weren't on the "go go go" as well.. If anything I would expect more buses to the more expensive resorts.

Well then why pay WAY larger prices if your not going to be around the hotel to take advantage of everything you pay for. I just came back and I paid $54 a night at PC. It just seams logical to me, if your just using your hotel as a bed, dont stay at a 200+ a night resort because you will NOT get your value outa it.

I'm not saying there should or shouldn't be more, but Disney obviously does it by traffic. If there is hardly anyone at WL using the transportation and there is a larger number of people at PC using it, they are going to allocate those buses to the resorts that need them more.

The_CEO

Well then why pay WAY larger prices if your not going to be around the hotel to take advantage of everything you pay for. I just came back and I paid $54 a night at PC. It just seams logical to me, if your just using your hotel as a bed, dont stay at a 200+ a night resort because you will NOT get your value outa it.

I'm not saying there should or shouldn't be more, but Disney obviously does it by traffic. If there is hardly anyone at WL using the transportation and there is a larger number of people at PC using it, they are going to allocate those buses to the resorts that need them more.

I never said I wasn't spending time at the Deluxe resort. I just stated that the buses should be just as consistent if not more considering the $ we were pumping into that place.
Your above theory about the majority of the busses going to the Value resorts is correct, which is a bunch of hogwash.

goodtimes5286

imho Disney doesn't want to run buses as a personal transportation device for each member of Deluxe resorts. So I see the logic in running more buses for more people and less buses for less people regardless of pay. You don't pay for the transportation, it's an extra, a bonus added to enhance the Disney experience.

tomm4004

One poster complained of a 'horrible' restaurant experience because their food came too quickly. Now an 'awful' hotel stay because they couldn't find a good cup of coffee. What's next? A 'disastrous' round of mini-golf because they got a pencil without any lead? Wow, with all the bad things that go on in the world some posters are really coloured by minor incidents. Other posters do have legitimate complaints, but some of these are so minor that it's getting tiresome.

Side note: It's interesting. The original idea was to spend the day in a park, like EPCOT, and have dinner. Now guests "go out" for dinner by travelling from their hotel to EPCOT. Hey, I've done it. But they often don't leave enough time (hey, I've done it) and show up late. That was never the original intent, but it's all changed with 180-day window ADRs.

On my last trip to Disney, the bus service was immaculate (almost scarily so in that I barely ever waited more than a minute) except for one occasion waiting for an EPCOT bus where I think we were forgotten. Someone in line talked to a bus driver and one for us showed up immediately. Glitches do happen.

Did someone say $400 for WL? I've never paid anywhere near that much.

Roaring Forks has lovely seating outside. You can get breakfast stuff in the store!

PS: If you're going to jump on me for criticizing the posters, don't bother. I'm immune! :)

happymom52003

Disney responded to me by sending me 3 4-day park hoppers and I'm suppose to get follow up calls from each particular section I complained about. Needless to say, I'm super impressed and I guess Disney really does care. Granted it did not make up for the shortcomings I experienced, but its nice to see that I did not get a canned answer from them or any other corporate BS.

I'm sorry, I just read your initial post again and I did not catch this the first time I read it. 3 FREE 4 day park hopper tickets do not make up for not having free breakfast, coffee, and the waits for the buses?

You have GOT to be kidding me. :hammer:

By the way, I was looking at some of your previous posts (yes, I'm sick and bored and honestly have nothing better to do right now and was curious if you are one of those people who complain about everything) and found this quote from you in another thread which I have linked below:

"I've also had this experience with Ft. W and WL sharing the same buses. And also from Downtown trying to get to WL. That bus is shared with the GF and I think the Contemp, too. IT WAS RIDICULOUS!!"

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=3253677#post3253677

So you KNEW about the buses going into it.:rolleyes:

If I did not know any better, I'd think you were one of those jokesters who like to post things like this just to ruffle people's feathers. But something is telling me you are serious. I'm not really sure.

foslizedtresap

All I can say is I wish I had the money to stay in a deluxe hotel. The most exspensive that my family has ever stayed in was the cabins at FW.
You should count your blessings. You are able to afford the nice resorts and what they bring. You knew ahead of time what they offered and what they didn't. And if you didn't know, then you should have just stuck with the idea that nothing is free in life.
Yeah you might get a "free" breakfast at a motel, but you'd lose out on alot of perks that come from staying on Disney property.
And I have to quesiton where you get your "freshbrewed coffee" when your at home. Do you or someone in your house make it (could've used the inroom pot) or do you daily go to Starbucks or something of the sort and shell out $3-4 (Could just walk downstairs and pay)?

maggiegrace1

I'm sorry, I just read your initial post again and I did not catch this the first time I read it. 3 FREE 4 day park hopper tickets do not make up for not having free breakfast, coffee, and the waits for the buses?

You have GOT to be kidding me. :hammer:

By the way, I was looking at some of your previous posts (yes, I'm sick and bored and honestly have nothing better to do right now and was curious if you are one of those people who complain about everything) and found this quote from you in another thread which I have linked below:

"I've also had this experience with Ft. W and WL sharing the same buses. And also from Downtown trying to get to WL. That bus is shared with the GF and I think the Contemp, too. IT WAS RIDICULOUS!!"

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=3253677#post3253677

So you KNEW about the buses going into it.:rolleyes:

If I did not know any better, I'd think you were one of those jokesters who like to post things like this just to ruffle people's feathers. But something is telling me you are serious. I'm not really sure.

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Ooooooooohhhh...You were being a Super Sleuth..:sohappy:

I was super sleuthing on a poster the other day..because I am soo nosy..and found out some interesting things also...:drevil::D

We can be super sleuths together :sohappy::cool:

:lol:

fosse76

I think some of you are missing the point. The OP seems to be of the mindset that he is paying all this money, so he should have better amenities than someone at a moderate or a value. He seems to merely be pointing this out, and clearly stated he didn't expect a response. In his opinion, the food wasn't good, so he complained. What's wrong with that. For the money he paid he expected better quality. Same with the coffee. He shouldn't have to call to have housekeeping re-stock coffee packets on a daily basis. If he was getting it from a CS location, perhaps it was always cold? How many here would be satisfied drinking lukewarm or cold coffee when you were expecting it to be hot? As for free continental breakfast, I'm not so sure he was expecting that...it seemed he brought it up as a point of comparison: I'm paying all this money, and although the grounds are beautiful and everything is maintained, the quality of food and certain services is better at a less expensive m/hotel, so what am I paying for besides themeing?

I think Disney does have problems with the allocation of busses. The Values have more rooms and more people who take the busses, so they need a lot. So they are constantly streaming in and out. Is it really that inconvenient for Disney to put the busses on a specific route/schedule and then post it in the rooms and hotel public areas? Then people know what to expect. If New York and Chicago can put their busses on schedules in heavy traffic areas, Disney most certainly can.

maggiegrace1

What I want to know is..that the OP complained about the food offering each day yet he stated here..
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3284759&postcount=23

I ended up bed ridden for 3 days on my vacation. I had stomach cramps the rest of the trip that I can only describe that it felt like I was trying to digest steel wool. I couldn't eat and the lack of energy meant I couldn't do the normal death march around the parks.

Why complain about the food if you could not eat anyway?

I think he just wanted some freebies..kinda sad if you ask me..

maggiegrace1

I think some of you are missing the point. The OP seems to be of the mindset that he is paying all this money, so he should have better amenities than someone at a moderate or a value. He seems to merely be pointing this out, and clearly stated he didn't expect a response. In his opinion, the food wasn't good, so he complained. What's wrong with that. For the money he paid he expected better quality. Same with the coffee. He shouldn't have to call to have housekeeping re-stock coffee packets on a daily basis. If he was getting it from a CS location, perhaps it was always cold? How many here would be satisfied drinking lukewarm or cold coffee when you were expecting it to be hot? As for free continental breakfast, I'm not so sure he was expecting that...it seemed he brought it up as a point of comparison: I'm paying all this money, and although the grounds are beautiful and everything is maintained, the quality of food and certain services is better at a less expensive m/hotel, so what am I paying for besides themeing?

I think Disney does have problems with the allocation of busses. The Values have more rooms and more people who take the busses, so they need a lot. So they are constantly streaming in and out. Is it really that inconvenient for Disney to put the busses on a specific route/schedule and then post it in the rooms and hotel public areas? Then people know what to expect. If New York and Chicago can put their busses on schedules in heavy traffic areas, Disney most certainly can.
I am not missing the point at all..

There is no where listed that you will get a continental breakfast or any type of food free when you book your stay at any Disney resort..so to expect it because the motel 6 or Holiday Inn provides it is ridiculous.

In another post he said..All I wanted was a decent cup of coffee!

Well Disney does provide coffee in the rooms and whether he liked it or not is not Disneys problem..some people like one kind of coffee others like another kind..you can not please everyone.

I personally believe that it is threads like this that make people say.."Hey..If I complain about this or that I will get something free so Hey..Let me complain because of blah blah blah"..and Disney graciously takes care of them..which they do not have to do at all.

It is sad really..I think he did not have one valid reason for any of his complaints.:shrug:

Wilt Dasney

I am not missing the point at all..

There is no where listed that you will get a continental breakfast or any type of food free when you book your stay at any Disney resort..so to expect it because the motel 6 or Holiday Inn provides it is ridiculous.
But why is it ridiculous, if that's part of what you'd like to get out of your ideal resort experience?

In my mind, getting something back isn't the point. It's just about letting Disney know that, in your opinion, what you got compared to what you paid wasn't satisfactory and they might want to think about changing things. They can agree or disagree, but surely it's reasonable to at least express the opinion. No? :shrug:

maggiegrace1

But why is it ridiculous, if that's part of what you'd like to get out of your ideal resort experience?

In my mind, getting something back isn't the point. It's just about letting Disney know that, in your opinion, what you got compared to what you paid wasn't satisfactory and they might want to think about changing things. They can agree or disagree, but surely it's reasonable to at least express the opinion. No? :shrug:
The thing is he knew what he would be getting for his money.

They serve the same food in the food courts at value and moderates..and yes even though it is deluxe does not mean that you should get caviar with your eggs there and spam with your eggs at a value.

All he wanted was a decent cup of coffee is what he said..but who is he to say it is not a decent cup of cofee?..So, anyone who does not like the coffee should complain and get free tickets but if you enjoy it well then good for you?

He KNEW about the bus service..he knew that they shared bus service at WL... he said so in a older post.

I am sorry but I think his complaints were not valid and ridiculous..and like I said that is my opinion.

macsmom

When I needed extra towels (staying at the lovely POP Century Resort), I left a note for mousekeeping requesting some. Any reason the OP didn't (or wouldn't) leave a note asking for extra coffee (he stated that they never replaced what he used)? Granted it probably should have been replaced the first day, but then he could have also called the front desk and made a simple request. They probably would have brought him enough for the rest of his stay.

danna

frank2271

Just stayed 10 days at WL. Always visited the place and always wanted to stay there, but since I spend 90% of my time away from the hotel and on WDW property, I never really wanted to shell out $3000+ for a place to sleep. Granted, its got tremenous theming and since I've been to Yellowstone and Yosemite, its a fond reminder; but I basically will only be sleeping there. Regardless I took the plunge and booked it.

Now that I have done my thing there, I have to say there were a few things that just made my stay awful. I sent these complaints to Disney:

• Why is it that I can stay at a $75/night motel and get a free continental breakfast, but at WL I would have to bump up to "concierge level" for $400/night to get a free pastry? I actually find this insulting!

• Fresh brewed coffee? How hard is this to provide?

• Roaring Forks? Menu could be printed on a postage stamp and there are only 18 or so tables to sit at. When you have a 700+ room hotel, where are we suppose to eat? The only other place is Whispering Canyons and as most people know, there are more non-hotel guests there and you cant eat unless you have a reservation! Compounded by the fact I can't even get a decent cup of coffee, it made each morning dreadful. ONE breakfast meat (bacon) and it was basically the texture and consistency of the Beggin Strips I give my dog. I can get custom cooked omlettes, french toast, and other things at the moderates and values. At this Deluxe hotel, all I can get is cafeteria quality scrambled eggs and 3 pieces of bacon. Ugh.

• Sharing bus services with other hotels is getting ridiculous. At one point, it took 1 hour and 20 minutes to get from WL to Epcot causing me to miss my dinner at Le Cellier. I got through to the hostess stand and they held my reservation, but the only reason I even got there in 80 minutes was becuase I called the WL front desk to complain. And then once a bus showed up, it literally got haflway to Epcot and TURNED AROUND to go to Ft. W since they had also been waiting forever.

• Samething happend going to Downtown and coming back since WL shares a bus with GF and Poly. RIDICULOUS!! Took an hour EACH way!

Sorry, but Disney has always been about the attention to details and little things that matter. I just felt that give the Deluxe rating on the place and the money I spent, it just wasn't worth it. The place is beautiful and the grounds/decorations equally stunning, but the lack of "everyday food" and simple creature comforts like a good cup of coffee really were downers.

Disney responded to me by sending me 3 4-day park hoppers and I'm suppose to get follow up calls from each particular section I complained about. Needless to say, I'm super impressed and I guess Disney really does care. Granted it did not make up for the shortcomings I experienced, but its nice to see that I did not get a canned answer from them or any other corporate BS.

I completely agree with you, I LOVE WDW, I moved from MA to be closer to it and buy annual passes for my family every year. As beautiful as they are, the Luxury Resorts are not worth the money they charge. I love to tour them, especially at Christmas, and I've stayed at all of them but I probably won't again. My eleven year old son loves All Star Sports and I love the FL resident pricing there.

As far as the resturant situation in WDW, it's completely crazy. They need to double their "sit down" facilities. It's almost impossible to get a table unless you reserve one months ahead. They are lossing a ton of money by not having tables available for people. When I want to sit down and spend over a hundred dollars for dinner and I can't because theres no tables and I have to go buy pizza's instead, Disney is losing money.

And why can't I get a cheap bowl of pasta? C'mon!!!!!!

My advice to you is to stay at All Star and spend your money on other things.

OH, and stay off the buses!

Merry Christmas,

Frank

Disneyg00n

I completely agree with you, I LOVE WDW, I moved from MA to be closer to it and buy annual passes for my family every year. As beautiful as they are, the Luxury Resorts are not worth the money they charge. I love to tour them, especially at Christmas, and I've stayed at all of them but I probably won't again. My eleven year old son loves All Star Sports and I love the FL resident pricing there.

As far as the resturant situation in WDW, it's completely crazy. They need to double their "sit down" facilities. It's almost impossible to get a table unless you reserve one months ahead. They are lossing a ton of money by not having tables available for people. When I want to sit down and spend over a hundred dollars for dinner and I can't because theres no tables and I have to go buy pizza's instead, Disney is losing money.

And why can't I get a cheap bowl of pasta? C'mon!!!!!!

My advice to you is to stay at All Star and spend your money on other things.

OH, and stay off the buses!

Merry Christmas,

Frank
Just when things start to quiet down, a post like this comes along, guaranteed to send the Disney apologists into conniptions.

This is gonna be fun. Is there a popcorn smiley?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom