I booked POFQ over Carribbean Beach....was that a good move?

kmdisney

I read how large CB is and was nervous about transportation to the parks. POFQ had better reviews on transportation. Any insight would be appreciated...

Lucky

I've stayed at both, but POFQ was the one I liked well enough to go back to again this summer.

The biggest advantage over CB is bus service to the parks. Some buses share with POR, but MK buses don't so you just have the one stop.

The POFQ pool is nicer too.

Upvote 0

kmdisney

Original Poster
I appreciate all the feedback....this makes me feel soooo much better. My daughter wanted the "pirate themed" room at CB, but it just didn't seem worth it when I saw those rooms are at the back of the property and that bus service seemed slow and frustrating. :wave:

Upvote 0

devoy1701

CBR is my favorite Moderate Resort and my 2nd Favorite On Property Resort. So I dunno what to tell you except that I've never had a problem with bus service at CBR and those Pirate themed rooms seem pretty sweet. :shrug:

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Upvote 0

devoy1701

I've stayed at both, but POFQ was the one I liked well enough to go back to again this summer.

The biggest advantage over CB is bus service to the parks. Some buses share with POR, but MK buses don't so you just have the one stop.

The POFQ pool is nicer too.

CBR has had a MAJOR refurb done on its pool since you last stayed there by the looks of your signature.

Also, POFQ only has one pool on its grounds (not including the pools up at Riverside) whereas each "village" at CBR has its own pool. This is a very big deal because all of the crazy loud and rowdy kids go over to the Themed Pool over at Port Royale while you can get peace and quite at one of the Quiet Pools throughout the resort...if peace and quiet is what you're looking for.

Upvote 0

kmdisney

Original Poster
The majority of our time will be spent at the parks....therefore, bus service is my big priority. We have usually stayed at Fort Wilderness Campground and once at the Swan and transportation was great. I love this website by the way....I have used it for trip planning for over 3 years now.

Upvote 0

Lucky

CBR has had a MAJOR refurb done on its pool since you last stayed there by the looks of your signature.

Also, POFQ only has one pool on its grounds (not including the pools up at Riverside) whereas each "village" at CBR has its own pool. This is a very big deal because all of the crazy loud and rowdy kids go over to the Themed Pool over at Port Royale while you can get peace and quite at one of the Quiet Pools throughout the resort...if peace and quiet is what you're looking for.
Yes, the main CBR pool is bigger now.

POFQ is much smaller, and I've never seen any "crazy loud and rowdy kids" there, so it doesn't need those little quiet un-themed pools without water slides.

Upvote 0

panther726

Great move on your behalf! We went through the same exact situation. We booked CB, found out how large it was, then stayed at POFQ. It is now our favorite resort. You will love the size, and the transportation.

Upvote 0

rickmusic53

I read how large CB is and was nervous about transportation to the parks. POFQ had better reviews on transportation. Any insight would be appreciated...
We stay at the French Quarter every year. Very nice hotel, their may be only one pool but it's quite large, the atmosphere is better than the other moderate resorts. Buses are good at all the resorts but I have to admit they are more dependable at FQ.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

I guess there have just been so many threads on here about how horrible and big Carribean Beach is that most of the members just don't stay there! Seriously, how come everyone posting on this thread are just those who have stayed at FQ?

Have all/any of you stayed at CBR before? Seriously if you ask not to be put in Trinidad South when you put in your reservation then all of the rest of the Villages are equidistant from Port Royale. And busses run just as frequently as they do at the rest of the resorts (we actually found them more reliable than on our visit to ASMusic).

CBR is also LESS SPREAD OUT than CSR is...:eek:

but alas...I guess there will just be less people there next time we visit. We'll have the hammocks on the white sandy beaches to ourselves! :king:

Upvote 0

C&B Young

We stay at the French Quarter every year. Very nice hotel, their may be only one pool but it's quite large, the atmosphere is better than the other moderate resorts. Buses are good at all the resorts but I have to admit they are more dependable at FQ.

Same here!! And unless they've changed things since last year the Port Orleans buses always pick up at FQ first, and drop off at FQ first too. And as someone else said it has a dedicated bus for MK. I'm sure you'll love it there!

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

Most of my entire family stayed at POFQ last Christmas and loved it a lot. And, I like to think that that means something because my whole family is from New Orleans. I have never stayed at CB but I am sure you would have had a magical time at either place.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom