I booked POFQ over Carribbean Beach....was that a good move?

kmdisney

I read how large CB is and was nervous about transportation to the parks. POFQ had better reviews on transportation. Any insight would be appreciated...

cdunbar

Let me tell you, we ALWAYS only book our trip about a month in advance because my best friend and I go together, she is a night nurse and they get their schedule one month in advance, so we have tried every single time to stay their no matter the month and every single time it's a no go so yeah I think you made a great decision!:wave:

Upvote 0

jen2009

We have visited family that have stayed at CBR and we did not care for the size of the resort. We have always stayed at POFQ and will do so for each trip. Its just the perfect size and its quite compared to the other resorts. We like the small feel and the staff there has always been nice. We even stayed there in March when we got married at the Wedding Pavillion. We are just partial to this resort, but thats just our opinion.:)

Upvote 0

kungfoosally

POFQ just seems outdated and dark to me. (the mural behind the check-in counter just creeps me out). Maybe it's because our trip last November was during the coldest week in Florida history and it just felt weird anyways, but i felt like i was taken back to 1991 when i stepped into the lobby of POFQ (felt like this both times i've stayed). The food court felt dirty and cheap. It was just sorta 'bleh' to us. I guess it is just a personal thing. I stayed at CB in the 90's and always had a good time. looking forward to staying there sometime in the future again.

Upvote 0

bcornette

We are trying POFQ this year as well, but not because we don't love CBR. CBR is our families favorite moderate by far, but there may be some reasons for it.
1. We always have a car with us so any bus issues we don't know about at any resort.
2. We typically get a preferred room so we are closer to the foodcourt and main pool - which is awesome at CBR
3. We have stayed at CBR twice with both times being in newly refurbished rooms

After this trip we will have stayed at all moderates, but our order from favorite to least favorite is as follows CBR, POR, POFQ, then the worst place ever CSR.

Upvote 0

kungfoosally

After this trip we will have stayed at all moderates, but our order from favorite to least favorite is as follows CBR, POR, POFQ, then the worst place ever CSR.

wow it really does come down to a personal choice. CSR is our FAVORITE moderate. maybe because less families stay there and we have no kids and enjoy more of a quiet environment. who knows... but i was told POFQ was great and so i thought it would be fantastic due to the reviews but we did not like it AT ALL, so i guess you just gotta check them all out yourself. no one can really tell you.

Upvote 0

Victor

They are both completely different types of atmospheres. If you aren't planning on spending much time at the resort, I'd suggest POFQ. If you're looking for more offtime from the parks, I'd go with CBR. Personally, I've been to both. I've stayed at CBR with family and POFQ with my girlfriend. I love both. My family did love CBR, but had issues with the size and walking. My girlfriend and I enjoyed FQ on our last trip, but were hardly there. We're going back in a little over a week and staying at CBR. We're young and energetic, so I don't think we will have issues with long walks. We like that kinda stuff.

Upvote 0

IMA*WDW*ADDICT

I think it was a good move! POFQ is small which I LOVE! It takes not time to walk to the pool/food court/buses! It always seems to quiet too! And even though it is small it NEVER seems crowded... I don't think you can go wrong with POFQ ... it a beautiful resort! I hope you have a great time!

Upvote 0

Lucky

I guess there have just been so many threads on here about how horrible and big Carribean Beach is that most of the members just don't stay there! Seriously, how come everyone posting on this thread are just those who have stayed at FQ?

Have all/any of you stayed at CBR before? Seriously if you ask not to be put in Trinidad South when you put in your reservation then all of the rest of the Villages are equidistant from Port Royale. And busses run just as frequently as they do at the rest of the resorts (we actually found them more reliable than on our visit to ASMusic).
CB is great. It's a nice relaxed atmosphere, with calypso music playing at the food court etc. We've stayed there twice, and may go back someday. But we've stayed at both POFQ and CS twice since our stays at CB.

The buses at CB are slowest because they make 5 stops. At POFQ there's only 1 stop for MK buses. That can save you 15 minutes or more round trip. For other parks POFQ share with Riverside, but it's still the same total stops as at CB.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom