Hyperion Wharf Begins

jt04

Original Poster
So there are some incredible pictures out there that clearly show the expansion pad for HW is now complete. This is the spot where 2 clubs were torn down. It was announced they want to have the new waterfront park opened soon and they seem well of their way to doing so. The views are better than even I thought they would be and I had very high expectations.

You can really see the way the former PI will be reconfigured also with the new path between Raglin and the EL. Nice!

Master Gracey

Here you go.

Originally I was not going to feed into the pointlessness of this thread, but LOL! Wow, how bold and new. Demolishing two perfectly serviceable buildings in the middle of a recession for landscaping! Epic fail Team Disney Orlando, epic fail!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Originally I was not going to feed into the pointlessness of this thread, but LOL! Wow, how bold and new. Demolishing two perfectly serviceable buildings in the middle of a recession for landscaping! Epic fail Team Disney Orlando, epic fail!

KUNGALOOSH!

I'm not 100% sure but I think the pic of grass was a joke.

menamechris

All I can say is - this project better be good! So far, I am less than impressed (and in fact, turned off) by the build up for it.

Master Gracey

I'm not 100% sure but I think the pic of grass was a joke.

Of course the picture of the grass is a joke. Do you think Disney would spend money on planting grass there? Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club and Motion are being replaced with a concrete walkway. Progress at it's finest!

KUNGALOOSH!

ElvisMickey

Hyperion Wharf...can't wait. Because we don't have enough restaurants or lousy stores at Downtown Disney.

I have a great idea for Hyperion Wharf. They should build some night clubs, charge admission and only let 21 and over in.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry, pics at the 'save pleasure island' blog.

You can bing the link as Steve would rather we not post links.

Steve doesn't mind links when they are part of a discussion :)
My only objection is when it's for advertising and self promotion.

GymLeaderPhil

The views are better than even I thought they would be
You should see it from the other side of the lake. Best parkour arena ever.
and I had very high expectations.
Bold-new-vision-You-must-be-blind.jpg

WDW-Fan4Life

The old PI is missed and I had many good times there. But if the environment was turning out to be not as safe and the money is not there then it is time to move on. We all know the timing and length of the shutdown was handled in sub-par fashion. I have hope that HW will be very cool once fully completed.

jDoor

Banned

KUNGALOOSH!

just wait, you're beloved AC is next.... don't hate HW just because it's replacing your favorite place.. i understand you didn't want AC gone.. but I'm excited about HW.. sorry!

tirian

just wait, you're beloved AC is next.... don't hate HW just because it's replacing your favorite place.. i understand you didn't want AC gone.. but I'm excited about HW.. sorry!

Yes, I'm also excited about losing unique entertainment for stores and shops I can find at any decent mall in America.

//end sarcasm

RIP Adv Club

Good riddance, empty PI dance clubs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom