Hyperion Wharf: any news?

DCLcruiser

I think it'd be interesting if Disney responded to the existing Empress Lilly/Fulton's Crab House steamboat, and redesigned the whole land to resemble a New Orleans French Quarter cerca 1920s. That would allow keeping some of the urban elements, while adding charm and associating the land with a region that has always been known for having a party atmosphere. Add some iron-wrought balconies, a jazz band, and a speakeasy-themed bar and you're on your way to a fresh new take on PI.
It could be Mardi Gras all year long!

WDW1974

Threads like this are funny in an ironic way because so often (like now) they are about absolutely nothing.

Remember (you have to go back a while) when you could discuss things that actually were happening? Instead of dead zones ... shuttered park attractions/locales ... and plots of land with nothing on them.

~Is pasta going right to my thighs?~

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
A blog committed to saving PI didn't name a source. I wouldn't bet money on it......

The Save PI blog has a very good track record when it comes to reporting news about what was once PI...

Obviously without naming a source you can not say this is 100% true. But I think I would put money on it being correct.

jt04

How is Splitsville related to Hyperion Warf whatsoever?

It is like a mini version of HW with similar offerings condensed in one location. I recognize it is in the west end of DTD but it would have fit just as easily in the old mannequins building and been a perfect addition to HW.

It is extremely Hyperion Wharf-esque.

John

IMHO....TDO is digging a deeper hole with PI as the minutes,days and months roll by. No matter what happens with the property....the response will be....why couldnt they have done this X amount of time ago.

Whatever they do it better be something they knock out of the park with (pun intended). DO you really think they can go back and call this area PI again without getting a massive dose of egg on their face? or do they really care?

Although I like the Mardi Gra idea I am afraid if they have some kind of celebration what will some of the patrons do for Mardi Gra beads? if you get my drift.....

Personally, I like the idea of themeing the whole area in a AC type theme, Making a much larger AC the anchor club/resturant. You could make it a daytime family freindly show and a nightime adult attraction all in one. A sort of one stone two bird thing. A couple of other spin-off clubs. A comedy club some merch stores and bingo you have a new themed area. Bringing in top comedy (Jeff Dunham etc.) acts seems like a no brainer.

No matter what they do I think the frustration is the fact that they need to do something. The whole area is like a scab on a wound that just dosnt heal. They need to rip the band aid off and just do it.

Mouse Detective

It is like a mini version of HW with similar offerings condensed in one location. I recognize it is in the west end of DTD but it would have fit just as easily in the old mannequins building and been a perfect addition to HW.

Mannequins is large but I don't think large enough for bowling lanes. Remember that Splitsville is foremost a bowling alley.

wdw71fan

This article on SAVE PI is 100% true.. The HW Wharf concept has been cancelled, and it is being re-worked into a new concept.....

Same ideas, different theme.. Again, expect more info closer to the shareholder meeting.

NoChesterHester

This article on SAVE PI is 100% true.. The HW Wharf concept has been cancelled, and it is being re-worked into a new concept.....

Same ideas, different theme.. Again, expect more info closer to the shareholder meeting.

I'm still holding out faint hope for the WOC clone at DTD. I think that idea took a massive hit when Universal announced the new fountain night time show.

menamechris

I'm still holding out faint hope for the WOC clone at DTD. I think that idea took a massive hit when Universal announced the new fountain night time show.

I love that idea - but I still have a very hard time believing something like that would be offered for free at DTD. With the expense involved, I think they would definetly want to get their money back in ticket sales...

WDW1974

I have seen art depicting it ... but I totally believe it was planted to either source a leak and/or drum up the idea that Disney had some idea what would happen to TSFKaPI.

They don't.

I'm waiting for their big announcement that Johnny Rocket's signed on to open a location there.:drevil:

~Nascar? Do I look like a Spirited redneck to you?~

Mike730

I have seen art depicting it ...

I'm waiting for their big announcement that Johnny Rocket's signed on to open a location there.:drevil:
YES ON JOHNNY ROCKET'S

I think it's unlikely that we see something like WOC, but they do need to do something to entertain guests at DTD besides shops and restaurants. I think it's clear that they see this due to Splitsville's incorporation.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

It is extremely Hyperion Wharf-esque.

Good to see you back posting again.

Any thoughts on what is coming in to replace HW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom