Trip Report Hurry back... Hurry back... (Now a trip report!)

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC
That's right! Baby's first "post" (? perhaps peri-) pandemic Disney trip. When? Why, during the absolute brutal heat of August, of course! Details are subject to change because technicallyyyyyy my time off hasn't yet been approved however... I booked everything anyways 😛. At the moment, looking at a stay at Pop! and will be hitting up Epcot, MK, and MGM/DHS (?). And I must be honest with you. I really must...
IMG_7675.PNG

Yes I... I....
tenor.gif

I'm trying to get Boo Bash tickets. Yes, Ms. I Will Never Pay for An After Hours Event is attempting to pay for an After Hours Event. But as you can see, it sure ain't working! So that is up in the air right now because I got bored calling over and over again. Honestly feel like I'm spending more money than usual but rationalizing it by saying "ohhhh but I haven't been in sooooooo long". And if I'm being ENTIRELY HONEST, the big allure for Boo Bash is more Haunted Mansion time lol.

How the heck does one get a boarding group for ROTR these days? What's the freshest strategy? Also I have no dining reservations because I can't decide where I should eat/if it's worth sitting down for a real meal. Any recommendations?

It sure has been a while (I was kinda too bummed out to read the forums without being able to go), so hi everyone!!!

cgersic

I felt like a nut rotating through all the numbers. If anyone looked at my call history they would be like what is wrong with this girl...
We are right there with you! I'm pretty sure after the last year, you'd have a hard time finding someone on here that didn't have at least one day with a call log like that! Congrats on the tickets and can't wait to read the trip report!

tonystark

Original Poster
Well, my BooBash ticket arrived in the mail today which was a pleasant surprise! So far this is looking like a solo trip, but my mom keeps waffling about whether or not she's coming too. The only thing is......... she snores.... So I'm like...... maybe.... stay? But it would be fun for her to come too. I'm conflicted lol

tonystark

Original Poster
Girlies, I need guidance... I'm considering wasting my time at a table service restaurant a day instead of scarfing down my usual lukewarm chicken nuggets. But I don't know what restaurants are actually decent???? Right now all I've got is a reservation for Mamma Melrose for lunch... I need Epcot and MK (Liberty Tree Tavern??? BUT IM JUST ONE PERSON...???) help o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

tonystark

Original Poster
Rose & Crown?? I have always enjoyed it there.
Or you could always just meet me there for a beer-providing our days match up😉
will you be there in august 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
I second Rose & Crown! It’s probably the best table service in EPCOT for someone who’s going solo. They have a fair amount of 1-2 person tables in their outdoor dining area that offer great views of the lagoon.
I shall take a look at the menu! I usually never do table service when I'm going alone because I feel like a bit of a #freak but also after not going for so long I want to be luxurious and avoid my usual quick service sad meal scarfing

Songbird76

There are some great restaurants at resorts if you are willing to take just a little more time. It depends on what you want. I haven't actually eaten a meal at Beaches and Cream, but I want to...and we loved our breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. Those would both be close to Epcot. Which meals are you looking at? That also makes a difference. Liberty Tree Tavern has an a la cart menu for lunch, but for dinner, they only have the huge feast, which would be a LOT for one person. If you want a character meal, that also changes things, especially right now as not all of the character meals are running. Inside Epcot, we love Akershus, and a lot of people have said Garden Grill is great, though we weren't overly impressed with the breakfast there (but our server was awesome). Is the monorail going to resorts again? O'hana is great, 1900 park fare was really good.

Have you watched any DisneyFoodBlog (DFB) videos? That can help a lot.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Liberty Tree Tavern has an a la cart menu for lunch, but for dinner, they only have the huge feast, which would be a LOT for one person.
Currently there is no a la carte lunch menu at LTT. The fixed price feast is served at both lunch and dinner.

But your Beaches and Cream suggestion is a good one. @tonystark I always see solo diners there when I’m eating there. Food is good and prices are reasonable. Easily accessible by Skyliner or quick walk from Epcot.

Songbird76

Currently there is no a la carte lunch menu at LTT. The fixed price feast is served at both lunch and dinner.

But your Beaches and Cream suggestion is a good one. @tonystark I always see solo diners there when I’m eating there. Food is good and prices are reasonable. Easily accessible by Skyliner or quick walk from Epcot.
That's kind of a bummer that they don't have the a la carte menu right now! I booked there for lunch on our last trip specifically because of that. When we went in 2010, I really wanted to eat there, but neither of my kids would eat anything on the feast and we were too late for lunch. I remembered that was the only thing they served, so I didn't book there for our 2016 trip, but then I saw somewhere later (maybe a @Tuvalu TR? or maybe DFB?) that the lunch menu has more on it and they had fries, which my son will eat, and my daughter will eat almost everything on the feast now. So we did that in 2019. I'm thinking it might be good that we can't go this year....it really does seem that eating at Disney is hard!

tonystark

Original Poster
There are some great restaurants at resorts if you are willing to take just a little more time. It depends on what you want. I haven't actually eaten a meal at Beaches and Cream, but I want to...and we loved our breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. Those would both be close to Epcot. Which meals are you looking at? That also makes a difference. Liberty Tree Tavern has an a la cart menu for lunch, but for dinner, they only have the huge feast, which would be a LOT for one person. If you want a character meal, that also changes things, especially right now as not all of the character meals are running. Inside Epcot, we love Akershus, and a lot of people have said Garden Grill is great, though we weren't overly impressed with the breakfast there (but our server was awesome). Is the monorail going to resorts again? O'hana is great, 1900 park fare was really good.

Have you watched any DisneyFoodBlog (DFB) videos? That can help a lot.
See I'm so hesitant to leave the park because my whole thing about being anti-TS is that it takes away valuable ride time LOL. One day I will go to beaches and cream because the no way Jose sundae sounds like it was created specifically with me in mind. As for characters... they freak me out!! Also I used to binge DFB all the time but kind of fell off a couple months back when I was in the midst of my depressed-about-not-being-able-to-go-to-disney-so-i-will-consume-no-disney-content-henceforth phase. thanks for the great info tho!

I shall consider it, but you know you won't catch this little rat on the sky-deathtraps!!!! perhaps a walk. I snagged rose and crown for like 7.20pm but am wondering if one closer to Epcot forever will open up. doubtful but I am keeping my eye on it.

tonystark

Original Poster
someone PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU talk me out of adding an extra day to this trip because I just got the Florida residents room deal for pop! email (which im like... can I cancel my reservation and rebook under these cheaper prices lol probably not but.... ) and I am like... I could go up a day early.... but would I buy a ticket for that day? no probably not so WHAT IS THE POINT?????? but... being there a day early...

tonystark

Original Poster
also as I continue to converse with myself, cancelling and rebooking as is would save me 28$ and I don't know if it is worth the hassle however 28$ is 28$... right...

Swissmiss

Premium Member
also as I continue to converse with myself, cancelling and rebooking as is would save me 28$ and I don't know if it is worth the hassle however 28$ is 28$... right...

Wouldn‘t USD 28 buy a few Mickey bars? Or dole whips? Or popcorn? (Just sayin’ 😉)

Last edited:

Songbird76

See I'm so hesitant to leave the park because my whole thing about being anti-TS is that it takes away valuable ride time LOL. One day I will go to beaches and cream because the no way Jose sundae sounds like it was created specifically with me in mind. As for characters... they freak me out!! Also I used to binge DFB all the time but kind of fell off a couple months back when I was in the midst of my depressed-about-not-being-able-to-go-to-disney-so-i-will-consume-no-disney-content-henceforth phase. thanks for the great info tho!

I shall consider it, but you know you won't catch this little rat on the sky-deathtraps!!!! perhaps a walk. I snagged rose and crown for like 7.20pm but am wondering if one closer to Epcot forever will open up. doubtful but I am keeping my eye on it.
I believe the Plaza Restuarant in MK has a similar sundae to the No Way Jose.

Songbird76

someone PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU talk me out of adding an extra day to this trip because I just got the Florida residents room deal for pop! email (which im like... can I cancel my reservation and rebook under these cheaper prices lol probably not but.... ) and I am like... I could go up a day early.... but would I buy a ticket for that day? no probably not so WHAT IS THE POINT?????? but... being there a day early...
What is the point? What to do at Disney for a day without park tickets....maybe Beaches and Cream for a No Way Jose? Try a TS restaurant outside of the parks without it limiting your ride time. Oh wait....we're supposed to talk you OUT of adding an extra day. Um....no point at all....there's nothing to do at Disney outside of the parks. Did that help?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom