Hurricane Milton coming to FL 10/9

Lilofan

Also be prepared for Disney to be serving everyone turkey sandwiches and almost everything else to be closed, with possible power outages and no air conditioning, potentially for a while. Again, people who are there now who are on vacation should leave, it’s not going to be fun. If it’s really bad you could end up sleeping on the floor in the hotel lobby.
The ones with medical issues is concerning too. Help probably wont be coming in a storm.

JoeCamel

Unlikely they would evacuate the Orlando area since it’s inland, however that still doesn’t mean you should be there if you don’t have to be. This is not going to be a pleasant experience for those on vacation with a possibly large logistics mess for some time afterwards and difficulty getting home.
My friends on the coast are planning on leaving but another up in Sebring is going to stay, both have lived through many of these over the last 30 years so who knows who is right.
If I had the means and was in the path I would leave now for Alabama, the roads and fuel supplies are going to get rough with everyone trying to get out on Monday/Tuesday

Lilofan

How do you even start to explain to your insurance agent that you voluntarily parked your car in the path of a hurricane?
I’m worried on the billions of dollars of paying out claims from Helene and Milton on which insurance companies will survive, will go bankrupt , and who are the unlucky home insurance customers policies will get cancelled in the future through no fault of their own so the insurance companies survival is to “ limit exposure “. Been through this and it’s not pretty. This is even including how much more the rates of all policy holders will go up in price.

Lilofan

My friends on the coast are planning on leaving but another up in Sebring is going to stay, both have lived through many of these over the last 30 years so who knows who is right.
If I had the means and was in the path I would leave now for Alabama, the roads and fuel supplies are going to get rough with everyone trying to get out on Monday/Tuesday
Would not want to be living next to those big bodies of water in Sebring.

John park hopper

Unlikely they would evacuate the Orlando area since it’s inland, however that still doesn’t mean you should be there if you don’t have to be. This is not going to be a pleasant experience for those on vacation with a possibly large logistics mess for some time afterwards and difficulty getting home.
Orlando is about 100 miles to the Gulf and there isn't much elevation (pretty darn flat) to slow a hurricane down

Lilofan

Also be prepared for Disney to be serving everyone turkey sandwiches and almost everything else to be closed, with possible power outages and no air conditioning, potentially for a while. Again, people who are there now who are on vacation should leave, it’s not going to be fun. If it’s really bad you could end up sleeping on the floor in the hotel lobby.
That would be dangerous. The hotel lobby is full of windows. In 1999 we all were told to report to Coronado convention center where we slept for one night . No windows in the big convention ballrooms.

celluloid

Were on the east coast and in just as much trouble, there is not a known direction to evacuate to yet. Should know more in the next day or so once that track and cone tightens, there is most definitely going to be shifts. But yeah anyone in WDW really needs to go home and anyone coming cancel.

Not that it should qualm all concerns with flood potential, but this storm is much smaller system, so hopefully that keeps more rain away from the east coast depending on what it does.

celluloid

Small storms can be just as dangerous as large storms Camille in 69
Low pressure can be very dangerous. Charley was also not a massive storm by any means. Tight and powerful. The rain span is what changes often there.

Organized tight storms are so often worse.

West Coast will see far more of the winds and 10-15 miles of the eyewall are going to be rough.

If shift down thoughts from a front are true. I fear for Sarasota as this thing nears to be issue for more SWFL.

Last edited:

natatomic

Well, this thing is projected to go right over my house…😬😬😬

Attachments

• IMG_9226.png
    IMG_9226.png
    386.9 KB · Views: 45

Lilofan

They'll open. They aren't going to let water in some buildings keep them closed.
If guests think the parks will be fully operational after a hurricane and that’s not even counting if all the cast show up to operate the attractions , dining areas, shows guests will be paying full price and getting a lot less then what they are paying for.

Lilofan

Well, this thing is projected to go right over my house…😬😬😬
I’m sure you know the drill. Bring anything inside your home that could be a flying missle , fill your bathtub with water, plywood your windows and hide in a walk in closet and hope your home doesn’t sustain damage when you go outside post storm. Charge your phones before the power goes out.

celluloid

I’m sure you know the drill. Bring anything inside your home that could be a flying missle , fill your bathtub with water, plywood your windows and hide in a walk in closet and hope your home doesn’t sustain damage when you go outside post storm. Charge your phones before the power goes out.
All of this this and if you have a home with a garage. Back your car up the interior slightly to prevent wind buckling the door.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom