Hurricane Irma

Spectro

I am wondering if the animals are ok too. And the large uprooted trees will they replant them or remove them ? I imagine AK will need a lot of work with their being so much vegetation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As stated, MCO starts OPs in the morning. Limited by airlines fleet and crew availability and displaced customers. Some Wednesday AM flights moved to evening for example, and Virgin Atlantic tomorrow will be moving people cancelled today, with those due to fly tomorrow now flying Wednesday.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Let's use the 50cent or $1 pass. Most families can afford afford $1-$3 per day for 5 days. It might mean skipping something that you had planned, ordering a pizza etc.. it's about giving to someone who is worse off than you.
How about this... instead of ordering pizza tonight, donate what you would have spent on pizza to the disaster relief charity of your choice and just have balogna sandwiches instead?

psherman42

Sorry for all of the questions, but this is my first hurricane lol. My flight back to Orlando is still scheduled for tomorrow night but if it gets cancelled I likely won't be back until Thursday so I have time to figure this out or for power to be restored in areas, but does anybody know if there's a place where you can find out about businesses with or without power in the Orange/Osceola County area? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should get some more cash to bring with me just in case.

LukeS7

What was the first picture? I don't recognize it.
Our flight is the only Frontier flight going to Orlando tomorrow from Trenton, NJ (there was one from the Philadelphia as well, but it was going to leave at 8:35pm, while the one we have leaves at 12pm) so hopefully we'll have no issues going down. I've been checking the flight status every 15 minutes out of worry of another cancellation.. :hungover:
Not to get off topic, but you're near Trenton? I just got an apartment right near that airport. How is flying out of there?

ToyStoryMiss

Some damage to MCO.

20170911a.jpg

20170911b.jpg

20170911c.jpg

Not bad thankfully, so the airport will be resuming operation tomorrow morning. Will be a limited service, however, so check with your airline.
What is the first picture of? I don't recognize it at all.
Our flight is one of the limited flights going down, I believe. We leave tomorrow at 12pm from the Trenton, NJ airport, and our flight is the only one going to MCO tomorrow from there, so hopefully everything goes smoothly. I've been checking the flight status every 15 minutes out of worry of another cancellation..:hungover:
Thank you for posting so many photos/updates!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sorry for all of the questions, but this is my first hurricane lol. My flight back to Orlando is still scheduled for tomorrow night but if it gets cancelled I likely won't be back until Thursday so I have time to figure this out or for power to be restored in areas, but does anybody know if there's a place where you can find out about businesses with or without power in the Orange/Osceola County area? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should get some more cash to bring with me just in case.

The local paper, Orlando Sentinel, may have a list of businesses on their website. Here's the URL:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

But I would bring extra cash, just to be safe. Businesses may have power but phone lines/internet access to process credit card transactions may be down.

lazyboy97o

You’d have to know the business’ power company and check their outage map.

ToyStoryMiss

Not to get off topic, but you're near Trenton? I just got an apartment right near that airport. How is flying out of there?
Yeah, I live about a half hour from there!
I don't know, actually, it'll be our first time flying from that airport. I've heard that it's quite good though, it just doesn't have any terminals, since only one airline flies out of there. You just walk up stairs to get on the plane, I believe.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Apparently the Infinity dealership in Tallahasse lied to FSU officials. Students are reporting the cars are still in the parking garages.

DisAl

They moved him over to Ft Myers in time to let him stand outside as what was left of Irma's eye went past.
It is beyond my comprehension why the "news and weather" people seem to think it is necessary to stand out in the floodwaters or out in high winds. Sheer stupidity......
I will not be surprised when I see one of them decapitated on live tv by storm debris one of these days.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yeah, I live about a half hour from there!
I don't know, actually, it'll be our first time flying from that airport. I've heard that it's quite good though, it just doesn't have any terminals, since only one airline flies out of there. You just walk up stairs to get on the plane, I believe.

See here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/frontier-airlines.922545/#post-7487028

So we're not off topic, if you have any further questions, post them there. I fly Trenton <-> MCO often.

Last edited:

peter11435

Can you guys stop??? The name of this thread is "Hurricane Irma" there are millions of people impacted by this hurricane right now.. but some just want to come in and spread ugliness. Please, count your blessings and stop with the nasty attitudes.
These personal attacks on people who are posting to help is ridiculous.

It's not "taking advantage of families". It's helping people who are worse off than those who's homes haven't been flooded or destroyed.

Saying things like "I hope you got a Mickey Bar" or other such nonsense is so far from the intended message. Some people are too far away to volunteer, so they are doing what they can to help, maybe the idea will prompt someone else to do a fun way to help victims. I loved hearing about the bake sale from a wdwmagic members daughter.. it got me thinking about a bake sale as well. Again, turning fundraising into something ugly is the strangest thing I can imagine.
All of the comments posted by people who were doing so have been very simple quick comments and then more updates are posted. Just read the post and move on if you don't like it. .. don't blow it up and twist it into a bad act or an argument..especially not an attack on someone... all that's doing is changing the topic of the thread.

Incredibly. :(
Listen, I live in Florida and was impacted by the storm so I don't need your lecture about that. Nobody is trying to turn helping people into something ugly, but if you can't see the issues with certain methods then I think that's sad...

And it absolutely is taking advantage of people. It is forcing people to pay/donate or else face a consequence and the people harmed by the consequence are children.

Last edited:

esskay

World Showcase gets extremely flooded around the Japan pavilion even in a light rain.
Can confirm, ended up ankle deep during a downpour one evening. All around Japan, the outpost and I think it was Mexico were really bad. Epcot does not do well when it comes to water, drainage and well....weather...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom