Hurricane Irma

peter11435

Thanks - that's what I had assumed but someone had mentioned in passing that they were all going to be taken down and put away - which seemed unlikely. Probably brought up by the same people who said all that about the castle :facepalm::hilarious:
When not it in use the storage location for the booths is outside, so removing them would be pointless.

21stamps

Southernmost point cam is not working for me.

Huge favor.. anyone who has links bookmarked-

Can you please post links in one post?

But things have already started down south. Time for parties and being outdoors in those areas is over.

i mean dude... it is a little breezy and rainy right now. people are okay. the evacuation window is beginning to close but you can still get out of key west if you absolutely have to.

if you are in a secure place in southeast florida, smoking a cigar or having a glass of wine on the porch or taking a walk around the neighborhood isn't that crazy (though in various places it may be breaking curfew).

Figaro928

My family who is visiting Disney this week is in DHS today. They just said that they took down many of the construction walls and you can see through streets of america - where all the glass is boarded up.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wow... the delayed turn north has me torn. Great for Miami.. bad news for my friends on the gulf coast. Have friends and family in Naples and in st Pete.... and a strong surge in st Pete would be nuclear on their property :(

If it keeps sliding west... it's gonna have more time to pick up that warm energy in the gulf. The "travel straight up fl" route was always going to favor central/north Florida as the storm would weaken so much over southern fl before getting north. But now... it could even rake the gulf coast and head north and hit the gulf full bore

disney4life2008

Screenshot_2017-09-09-12-49-56.png

Orlando be prepared.

Cautiously optimistic for Miami and Orlando (perhaps not others) but Irma appears to have shifted West and the brunt of it will likely miss Miami and Orlando.

Reports in the last few minutes indicate the storm is roughly on the same longitude as Miami right now, so a direct hit is unlikely and Orlando is even farther east. Tampa and Western Florida appear in worse trajectory now.

Bolded part is not true. Orlando, and especially Disney world specifically, are not east of Miami. They are definitely west of Miami. The center of the storm is not really that close to Orlando's longitude just yet. I agree that it is probably right to be cautiously optimistic, especially for Miami, but Orlando is not east of Miami just FYI.

cosmicgirl

I'm getting an offline message from a couple of the ones I could see last night.
The YouTube feed for the resort is still working for me. If you go to any of the YouTube ones, you will see the related ones on the sidebar.
Have you been able to find a YT feed of the southernmost point (the "monument", not the hotel)?

durangojim

Wow... the delayed turn north has me torn. Great for Miami.. bad news for my friends on the gulf coast. Have friends and family in Naples and in st Pete.... and a strong surge in st Pete would be nuclear on their property :(

If it keeps sliding west... it's gonna have more time to pick up that warm energy in the gulf. The "travel straight up fl" route was always going to favor central/north Florida as the storm would weaken so much over southern fl before getting north. But now... it could even rake the gulf coast and head north and hit the gulf full bore
Quick question. We have friends in Clearwater. 2 miles from the water on the East and 5 miles from the water on the West. How high would the surge need to be to reach them? I don't recall there being a lot of elevation in that area.

21stamps

I'm getting an offline message from a couple of the ones I could see last night.
The YouTube feed for the resort is still working for me. If you go to any of the YouTube ones, you will see the related ones on the sidebar.

Thanks!

I'm using my phone, so much easier to click on something that takes me directly to the the cam

Chef Mickey

Bolded part is not true. Orlando, and especially Disney world specifically, are not east of Miami. They are definitely west of Miami. The center of the storm is not really that close to Orlando's longitude just yet. I agree that it is probably right to be cautiously optimistic, especially for Miami, but Orlando is not east of Miami just FYI.
You're absolutely right. Still, better news since yesterday sine Orlando is not west like Tampa.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Irma now a category 3 with sustained winds of 125 mph. While I feel for Cuba, my thanks to that island for taking her down a notch. My hope? She continues in a westward direct and never turns north.

@Tony the Tigger, glad you got your baby out of doggie prison and you and your hubby are with family. The parks look lovely - the calm before the storm, literally.

Stay safe.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom