Hurricane Irma

So just talked to the concierge at CBR.

Please be careful with this because they made it extremely difficult for me to get back on the ME

I had a related ME "experience". After a week I had misplaced our ME letter which resulted in a big fight between the wife and I... I figured "ok it will be a minor inconvenience... but I am sure people lose these all the time... they will have a plan in place".... man it took them forever to find/replace our letter... we almost missed our bus. Looking back I think it is because ME isn't Disney, it is Mears and they probably don't get reimbursed if they don't have the letters or whatever.

From now on we always keep track of our "Eviction Notice". But don't mess around with ME.... make sure you have a plan in place.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
None of those storms ravaged through the entire state, ripping straight through the middle.

You would need to go back to 1935 for a similar storm intensity and track. The labor day hurricane of 1935 was very similar but florida was nohwhere near aa developed as today.

Only the old timers remember that one

cosmicgirl

I had a related ME "experience". After a week I had misplaced our ME letter which resulted in a big fight between the wife and I... I figured "ok it will be a minor inconvenience... but I am sure people lose these all the time... they will have a plan in place".... man it took them forever to find/replace our letter... we almost missed our bus. Looking back I think it is because ME isn't Disney, it is Mears and they probably don't get reimbursed if they don't have the letters or whatever.

From now on we always keep track of our "Eviction Notice". But don't mess around with ME.... make sure you have a plan in place.
The Mears drivers didn't care at all and were super nice in my case, it was Disney who kept complicating things.

21stamps

Eh, Andrew was a cat 5, Charley had winds of 145 or 150 at landfall. Labor Day 1938 was a cat 5. Florida has been struck by countless cat 4s. The hyperbole is getting out of control.

Right now the forecast falls for the storm to landfall on a very unpopulated part of Florida at about the same intensity that Charley did, and then move up the peninsula in a somewhat similar fashion that Charley did. I would expect Irma to be the same strength or maybe a touch weaker as it moves over Orlando as compared to Charley.

Yes, there have been specific model runs that depict an absolute disaster for Miami and the state, but the fact is, it doesn't look *quite* as bad as it did a day or two ago. If it shifts back to the east 30 or 40 miles, then it gets worse again. If it shifts further west, it could be bad news for Tampa while the east coast of the state is spared.

I know you keep saying that, but it isn't true.
Florida has not seen "countless Cat 4s". And the 2 Cat 5s that actually did hit- they both ended in devastations and many lives lost.

21stamps

You would need to go back to 1935 for a similar storm intensity and track. The labor day hurricane of 1935 was very similar but florida was nohwhere near aa developed as today.

Only the old timers remember that one

I wasn't alive then, but I've mentioned that several times in this thread.

I know my SoFla history., especially anything related to Flagler. Even my kid is semi obsessed with the Overseas Railroad.lol

The Mears drivers didn't care at all and were super nice in my case, it was Disney who kept complicating things.

Well the driver was nice... but more of a "I can't let you get on without a letter" which I understand. It was the baggage people who just didn't seem like they knew how to handle the situation. Which seems odd to me... we can't be the only family that misplaces their letter right before departure.

Oh well...

disney4life2008

I am at magic Kingdom now. There is no work being done on the castle
20170908_135203.jpg

This was about 20 minutes prior to the parade

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Just wondering, are we/WDW expecting downpours tomorrow night?
Is that why MK/EPCOT isn't doing HEA/ROE at closing tomorrow ?

Looks like some rain is forecasted Saturday...but winds are not forecasted to pick up there until well into Sunday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom