Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

cr3346

This shows the potential storm surge flooding prior to them increasing it to 12-18 feet. Port Charlotte, Putnta Gorda, Sanibel, Captiva are all mostly gone. Ft Meyers almost gone . Cape Coral at least half gone. Naples mostly gone. Marcos Island is Atlantis

1664370402070.png

1664370548896.png

1664370559605.png

lisa12000

Thank you everyone with their thought for my family. Wilderness lodge have extended their stay until Friday for now but any longer they have to do day by day so it not guaranteed - they are looking at possible alternative to get home ie flights from Miami but the concern is getting there really so not sure what they will do.

Just as an aside in WL they have all restaurants open right now and facilities (indoor ones) are all open.

LSLS

I have a buddy who works at NOAA that has been part of the tracking of this. Basically said this thing is MUCH worse than anything he anticipated 2 days ago. He was initially only concerned with rain and storm surge, but the shift has added wind in as a major concern as well. Anyone down there, please listen to all the advisories and stay safe. As much as Disney takes heat around here, I know (at least historically, and no reason to think it's changed) they do a great job keeping everyone safe and provided for during hurricanes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thank you everyone with their thought for my family. Wilderness lodge have extended their stay until Friday for now but any longer they have to do day by day so it not guaranteed - they are looking at possible alternative to get home ie flights from Miami but the concern is getting there really so not sure what they will do.

Just as an aside in WL they have all restaurants open right now and facilities (indoor ones) are all open.
Good luck and stay safe

My in laws in Naples texted this morning to say the eye was past and they still had intermittent power... a few trees down and some flooding on the golf course they live on but so far, so good for them. They live inland enough to not have to worry about storm surge, at least in regards to damage to their home. I will be anxiously watching the storm all day, feeling right now like our Sunday arrival is questionable. Continued prayers for everyone's safety in the path of the storm!

Touchdown

Original Poster
My in laws in Naples texted this morning to say the eye was past and they still had intermittent power... a few trees down and some flooding on the golf course they live on but so far, so good for them. They live inland enough to not have to worry about storm surge, at least in regards to damage to their home. I will be anxiously watching the storm all day, feeling right now like our Sunday arrival is questionable. Continued prayers for everyone's safety in the path of the storm!
I hate to tell you but the eye has not passed yet,

5299A4F1-FD38-4BA5-8917-3F4451367627.jpeg

That’s the satellite image from 12:40z (8:40 am) landfall is still over an hour away.

I hate to tell you but the eye has not passed yet,

View attachment 669787
That’s the satellite image from 12:40z (8:40 am) landfall is still over an hour away.

I don't want to LOL but this is such a classic text from my in laws... of course they would think it is past when it isn't, lol! Oh boy. Well, I'm hoping they stay safe and get better at watching the news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom