Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Do we have a prediction yet on the amount of rain for Orlando?

095758WPCQPF_sm.gif

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I agree with @Vacationeer - no one is checking in today (or probably tomorrow) - so rooms that the CM’s saw as ‘booked’ yesterday will be empty tomorrow night.
I feel certain they will have room for your family at their current hotel until the storm has passed.
I can tell you that in the months leading up to this week/ next week WDW was booked solid. Now lots of people have canceled or delayed their trips until the storm has passed. Even if only 5-10% of people canceled or delayed, that frees up some space at each resort as they hours go by.
Keep us posted on how it goes for them! ❤️
You’re failing to account for the CMs that also need a place to sleep as they cannot go home while there on storm duty though

erstwo

You’re failing to account for the CMs that also need a place to sleep as they cannot go home while there on storm duty though
Am I? And how, exactly would you know if I failed to account for the CMs who can’t leave while in storm duty? Did you see my scratch sheet of paper on which I did my exact, complex calculations using the very detailed data Disney just sent me on their daily average WL check in/ check out numbers and hurricane CM plan - just so I could make this encouraging post where I state that I feel Disney won’t send a family out into a dangerous storm but instead feel like they would find a place for them to sleep safely until it passes?

Lilofan

Am I? And how, exactly would you know if I failed to account for the CMs who can’t leave while in storm duty? Did you see my scratch sheet of paper on which I did my exact, complex calculations using the very detailed data Disney just sent me on their daily average WL check in/ check out numbers and hurricane CM plan - just so I could make this encouraging post where I state that I feel Disney won’t send a family out into a dangerous storm but instead feel like they would find a place for them to sleep safely until it passes?
College program cast are troopers. Can work and sleep in many places including on a floor.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I'm so anxious for all of you in Florida. We are having such a beautiful stretch of weather here it's easy to forget what's going on there. Almost feel guilty.

Stay safe everyone!
Yes! We had a lovely sunrise this morning and I was lost in a daydream admiring the beauty. It's hard to imagine just a few states away complete destruction is impending for millions.

JohnD

I'm in my room in AK lodge. Some observations regarding WDW prep I noticed on the way over.
  • As many as busses could be parked at MK depot and TTC
  • Campers, presumably from Ft. Wilderness parked together in TTC lot near the trams
  • Security parked in front of MK bus depot entrance and AK main entrance
  • Some animals still out in Savannah at AK lodge. I assumed they would all be in enclosures.
That's all for now. Just steady wind and rain no more than 20mph right now.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I'm in my room in AK lodge. Some observations regarding WDW prep I noticed on the way over.
  • As many busses could be parked at MK depot and TTC
  • Campers, presumably from Ft. Wilderness parked together in TTC lot near the trams
  • Some animals still out in Savannah at AK lodge. I assumed they would all be in enclosures.
Do they still have furniture on the balcony at AKL? Or have they removed it/asked you to bring it in?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
  • As many as busses could be parked at MK depot and TTC
What's the food situation like at the resort?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom