Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

lazyboy97o

It is ongoing work....

You hire me to paint your house. I tell you it will take three days. I come for half a day, paint a little and leave. If you call me a week later to ask why I’m not done are you going to in any way accept me saying “I’m working on it”? Yes, they have some projects occurring, but it is never at the scale or amount promised to get the revenue and funding. Yes, infrastructure projects are big, complex and variable so unexpected costs and overruns should be anticipated but even that isn’t what actually happens. Over and over again funding utilities sell as being for upgrades just gets pocketed.

If the parks open and people come I wonder if "supply chain" can keep up very short term. I can't see trucks/amazon/UPS making deliveries for anything the next few days. I4 is closed for one. Food deliveries etc... right now there is so much other essential deliveries that will be needed soon from FEMA

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If the parks open and people come I wonder if "supply chain" can keep up very short term. I can't see trucks/amazon/UPS making deliveries for anything the next few days. I4 is closed for one. Food deliveries etc... right now there is so much other essential deliveries that will be needed soon from FEMA
I-4 is closed for a short stretch until it drains.

Impact and damage is very hit and miss. I wouldn’t call it isolated but it’s not Armageddon everywhere.

fotofx

I think allot of the supply chain is internal. They buy in bulk to their own distribution centers.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Understandable though.

We have a history of thick headedness in this country that at times has served us well but has also been a problem. With that in mind, they kind of have to be a bit over the top sometimes to get through too many people. Plus, I am willing to bet most of these officials are genuinely concerned and would rather error on the side of caution.

Either way, they really can't win. If the underplay it they get buried and if they overplay it, they get accused of being fear mongers.
What’s not understandable is how what you’re saying isn’t understandable?

It’s been proven…again and again

Last edited:

Hawg G

Portofino Bay pool a bit deeper than usual. Never lost power. About to go exploring

Attachments

• 20220929_124551.jpg
    20220929_124551.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 20220929_124538.jpg
    20220929_124538.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 163

Purduevian

I’d say there’s more chance than not but nothing is certain yet. It’s still damp and windy and the ROCs would need plenty of assistance from cast who may not be able to get to work to help out. As always DAK may be the park that needs the most clean up.

Currently there’s a lot of company mobilisation across property.
Wonder if they would prioritize opening the other 3 parks and springs for tomorrow and delay DAK. Hollywood studios in my mind would be the easiest to get show read (smallest park and least amount of foliage I would think). However, priority would probably go to MK (main park/MNSSHP) and EPCOT (large capacity to take in additional people if some parks are closed).

ToTBellHop

Wonder if they would prioritize opening the other 3 parks and springs for tomorrow and delay DAK. Hollywood studios in my mind would be the easiest to get show read (smallest park and least amount of foliage I would think). However, priority would probably go to MK (main park/MNSSHP) and EPCOT (large capacity to take in additional people if some parks are closed).
I’ve yet to hear anything worse than a typical tropical storm from any of the theme parks. Some trees down but that’s typical and not a huge deal for Disney. Should entirely be controlled by staffing. In any event, impacts should be short-lived. So maybe a counter service is closed for a couple days. People gotta work and with the way Florida floods, everything should drain and evaporate relatively quickly.

As for River Adventure at IOA: eek.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’ve yet to hear anything worse than a typical tropical storm from any of the theme parks. Some trees down but that’s typical and not a huge deal for Disney. Should entirely be controlled by staffing. In any event, impacts should be short-lived. So maybe a counter service is closed for a couple days. People gotta work and with the way Florida floods, everything should drain and evaporate relatively quickly.

As for River Adventure at IOA: eek.
The big question is - did the Stargate and tacos survive the storm? One can only hope.

hopemax

I do not live in the area. For clarity, this is south of I4? Around 441?? Or further south?
It's between Hwy 528 (254) on the South.... This is the road that goes to the airport, and the coast. The Beach Line... On the North, it's the 429 Interchange (267). This is up where my Dad lives in Winter Garden, which is north of WDW. But the area where the Turkey Lake Service Plaza, past the Premium Outlets on that end of I-Drive, Universal, Florida Mall, I-4 Interchange. So mostly North of I4, but South portion between I4 and the 528.

Itzafig

Probably kept some of the old pilings for fishing. I believe they did the same when they rebuilt the Twin Spans in New Orleans after Katrina.
That’s done frequently in FL, even large ones (ex.: Sunshine Causeway over Tampa Bay between St Pete and Bradenton after ship destroyed span; kept lower parts of both sides of remaining bridge; Gandy bridge between Tampa/St Pete, kept parts of old bridge)

Hawg G

And there is a LOT of money on the table for MNSSHP. They could resell LOTS of tickets. Only about 7000 tickets is a million bucks. I’d buy two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom