Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

ToTBellHop

The big question is - did the Stargate and tacos survive the storm? One can only hope.
Um…yes. Ian tried his best but
1664472266827.gif

ToTBellHop

And there is a LOT of money on the table for MNSSHP. They could resell LOTS of tickets. Only about 7000 tickets is a million bucks. I’d buy two.
Many will cancel because their trips were canceled.

And they need to staff the thing and get the entertainment going. That will be hard to do. But I suppose possible.

Touchdown

Original Poster
I know WDW is ok, but how are they going to operate while so much flooding happened nearby. I have no doubt they’ll be back for the most part sometime this weekend but I think people assuming it opens tomorrow are a bit unrealistic. I imagine DS will open though.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We were at Coronado in the new Tower during Irma.. I will never forget the lines of locals checking in.. they were saying power never goes out at WDW so that is why they are coming.. Most were not from evact zones.. Seems most just wanted A/C for their animals. Anyways one young woman a college program intern was totally on edge at check-in. You can tell she was freaking out.. Mind you, this was a day before Irma was suppose to hit and the weather was already turning a bit.. This intern had the shift until midnight told me when I asked where she is hunkering down, she was leaving town. ( Believe there was a curefew- not sure anymore). She then told me she felt safer driving by herself to GA to her parents after her shift. I was like . I said as a mother, please stay put. Not sure what she did.
Dorian maybe?

This was the tower during Irma.
63D931C1-AEE4-4DA7-A9D5-B72717479C6A.jpeg

Dorian:
321F7B13-68F7-4C50-AFDA-9D158E4A8A6A.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
"I spend a lot of time studying hurricane damage, and I'm thinking it will be $100bn (£90bn) in damage and several hundred fatalities," said Hugh Willoughby, a meteorology professor at Florida International University. "I hope I'm wrong."

Basic rebuilding and construction efforts will take until the new year, he said, though a full recovery in the area will take "several years".

Hawg G

I think it is looking like all will be closed Friday, with a possible resort only opening of one Disney park for maybe part of Friday. Think it largely depends on cast - the parks are in good shape from what I hear.
Not sure why they would do that. Many of those clicks would give Disney nothing. MNSSHP gives money for every click. And much more than anyone pays for a day at the parks, let alone a day on a multi day pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom