News Hurricane Elsa impacts to Walt Disney World July 2021

Captain Barbossa

Its a Tropical storm........ we just had one here last weekend in SC and it was again like most a nothing burger......we get pop up T Storms that are much worse. we head down tomorrow to the parks and it wont be the first time we have has Tropical storm while there. It does keep the crowds low and only the outside rides are impacted
Claudette was a very weak storm. It kept going back and forth between tropical storm and tropical depression. Where I live in SC, it was pretty windy all day on Saturday with some strong gusts every now and then, but nothing bad. Lots of rain on Sunday, but no thunderstorms.

SamusAranX

Well that pillow of wind is a load of hot air!
TWC is one channel, that yeah, actually is kind of biased. Or fear mongers' I should say. They go for broke on tropic storm coverages, purposefully hyping up or even overstating impacts that frighten people who don't know better. This is the channel that got having their reporter(s) crouch down in water so it appeared to show only their torso above water to make the storm flooding worse then it really was.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The Weather Channel Lost me when they stopped playing Pink Floyd during your local forecast!!!

For anyone who is interested in vintage technology ,here is an interesting article about the custom hardware that was used to show those local forecasts.

muddyrivers

For anyone who is interested in vintage technology ,here is an interesting article about the custom hardware that was used to show those local forecasts.

I remember watching the Local on the 8s forecast from the WeatherSTAR 4000. If anyone wants to recreate that experience on their computers: http://www.taiganet.com

GimpYancIent

giphy.gif

She's coming...
1625250004115.png

Figgy1

Premium Member
TWC is one channel, that yeah, actually is kind of biased. Or fear mongers' I should say. They go for broke on tropic storm coverages, purposefully hyping up or even overstating impacts that frighten people who don't know better. This is the channel that got having their reporter(s) crouch down in water so it appeared to show only their torso above water to make the storm flooding worse then it really was.
Jim Cantore showed up in my area a couple of times. Snowed in for over a week:banghead::banghead::banghead: They may fear monger but if he shows up get out;)

JohnD

Current forecast is landfall near Tampa as a TS. At the moment looks like TS wind and rain at WDW but things could always change. The last thing we want is for “the storm rage on.”

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom