Huggle thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfkirsten

Work for me! With all the HSers here going back to school and unable to work, I'm getting a ton of hours, espcially on weekdays.

-Kirsten

MerHearted

Original Poster
xfkirsten said:
Work for me! With all the HSers here going back to school and unable to work, I'm getting a ton of hours, espcially on weekdays.

-Kirsten

That means less time for Aladdin! :eek:

figmentmom

Wow, I could really use some huggles. I'm in Minneapolis, visiting my daughter - that's the good news! - but my husband had to take one of our cats to an emergency animal clinic this evening; they don't know what's wrong with him yet, but they CAN figure out the bill - over $700 so far, and climbing fast. (The cat was fine when I left this morning!!!) Our regular vet was out of town, hence the trip to the veterinary emergency room. I am really worried about him, but I can't do anything until the morning - it's late Friday night as I write this. :(

Mikey4WDW

Hello all, haven't been on for awhile; have been very busy. Just got back from Denny's. My brother Darth Darrel went with me. I think that I Need a Huggles. Maria that would be cool; or anyone I guess. Darth agreed with me, I think that I am going through empty nest syndrome. My son is 20 and I realize for the first time consciously that he will 21 in a few weeks, It is hard for me to let go. I have taken care of him 24/7 since the day he was born. Your thoughts and prayers everyone will help me. Anyway, thanks for reading this. I was feeling sorry for myself, but Darth, my dad & step mom all feel that my son is just trying to find his independence; I have to let him. Gosh, that is going to kill me. Hope all had a nice Friday!!!! Again, thanks for letting me vent.

tigsmom

figmentmom said:
Wow, I could really use some huggles. I'm in Minneapolis, visiting my daughter - that's the good news! - but my husband had to take one of our cats to an emergency animal clinic this evening; they don't know what's wrong with him yet, but they CAN figure out the bill - over $700 so far, and climbing fast. (The cat was fine when I left this morning!!!) Our regular vet was out of town, hence the trip to the veterinary emergency room. I am really worried about him, but I can't do anything until the morning - it's late Friday night as I write this. :(

*huggles*........maybe he is missing you already?

tigsmom

Mikey4WDW said:
Hello all, haven't been on for awhile; have been very busy. Just got back from Denny's. My brother Darth Darrel went with me. I think that I Need a Huggles. Maria that would be cool; or anyone I guess. Darth agreed with me, I think that I am going through empty nest syndrome. My son is 20 and I realize for the first time consciously that he will 21 in a few weeks, It is hard for me to let go. I have taken care of him 24/7 since the day he was born. Your thoughts and prayers everyone will help me. Anyway, thanks for reading this. I was feeling sorry for myself, but Darth, my dad & step mom all feel that my son is just trying to find his independence; I have to let him. Gosh, that is going to kill me. Hope all had a nice Friday!!!! Again, thanks for letting me vent.

Major *HUGGLES* coming your way and a :kiss: too!

I just went thru that whole introspection thing in June...Lil'mermaid (my first baby) turned 16 and I have no idea where those years went!!!! :cry:
The idea of letting your baby go is scary, but the both of you need it...you left the nest and now so must he. Make sure he knows you will be there for him & that he is always welcome in your home.

I'll tell you what my dad told me (and I'm sure its true of you)....

"I've raised you with what I feel are a good set of values, now go live your life...its up to you". He'll be fine. :kiss:

ogryn

figmentmom said:

*Double Huggles From Me* I'm sorry to hear one of your family is sick Figgy :( Get better soon FiggyCat :)

tigsmom

barnum42 said:
*cough* Diet thread *cough* ;)

You would cheat for this pie, too! :lol:
I've been making them since I was about 13 or so. I've started using Splenda instead of sugar & you would never know the difference.

figmentmom

Sad news from the figmentmom household...our little cat had to be put down this morning. His renal system had shut down completely and irreversibly, and he was in pain. Since I can't stand the thought of any animal suffering, especially when there is no hope of recovery, we made the difficult - but ultimately, I believe, right - decision. We loved the little guy (still do). :( thanks, Og and Mad, for your kind words - they really helped.

On another note - Mikey, anything I ever let go of had claw marks! Your son has all the love and support from you that he needs to head out on his own. Like me, you may be reluctant to let go, but any son of yours just HAS to be a fine person. He'll always be your son - now he has to be his own man.

tigsmom

Oh no! I'm so sorry....I've had to make that decision a few times myself. I can deal with anything but an animal in pain. *huggles*

Our pets are a part of my family...I say my dog (my middle child :rolleyes: ) is the only one who listens to me. :lol:

And very fine words for Darrel's brother..."He'll always be your son - now he has to be his own man". Well put.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
xfkirsten said:
I know, he'll feel neglected... but I need money to see him in the first place!!

I Know I am being naughty here.... BUT ........THAT just sounds SO wrong, and, quite possibly illegal. :eek: :lol: :p

j/k Kirsten! ;)

darthdarrel

figmentmom said:
Major huggles coming your way{{Huggles}}
Hope everything will be allright! :wave:

MKCP 1985

tigsmom said:
You would cheat for this pie, too! :lol:
I've been making them since I was about 13 or so. I've started using Splenda instead of sugar & you would never know the difference.

all right then, some big claims are being made about these pies. I know you will want to send one each to all of us here so we can really appreciate what you are telling us.

Forget the diet thread. Evil thing! I never go there anymore. Brrrrrrr!

Consider this my formal request for a tigsmom apple pie, "pretty please," and let me know your preferred method of shipping, and I'll send you my address!! :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

MKCP 1985

figmentmom said:
Sad news from the figmentmom household...our little cat had to be put down this morning. His renal system had shut down completely and irreversibly, and he was in pain. Since I can't stand the thought of any animal suffering, especially when there is no hope of recovery, we made the difficult - but ultimately, I believe, right - decision. We loved the little guy (still do).

** major huggles ** That had to be hard, but you did the right thing. Better days are ahead, so hang in there!

MKCP 1985

xfkirsten said:
I know, he'll feel neglected... but I need money to see him in the first place!!

-Kirsten

*** MKCP raps on door.

Monkey slides open peep hole.

MKCP shows fist full of dollars. "Is Jessica Rabbit receiving guests?" ***

tigsmom

MKCP 1986 said:
all right then, some big claims are being made about these pies. I know you will want to send one each to all of us here so we can really appreciate what you are telling us.

Forget the diet thread. Evil thing! I never go there anymore. Brrrrrrr!

Consider this my formal request for a tigsmom apple pie, "pretty please," and let me know your preferred method of shipping, and I'll send you my address!! :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

I'll add you to the list... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom