Huggle-licious

barnum42

*Post Welsh Huggles*

I miss anything?

Had a very nice Italian meal last night with the GF - as we could not go out on her birthday Thursday night.

speck76

If you die in December in upstate New York, your burial may be delayed.

Not only New York, but many cold-weather areas, such as Wisconsin, Minnesota, and many Canadian provinces, face the same problem: winter burials. Obviously, a funeral is an emotionally trying time for family and friends, and the actual burial ceremony provides a certain sense of closure. But in areas where the frost sets in the ground in late October, that closure often has to be delayed.

“Dead in the Winter, buried in the Spring” is the unfortunate fact of life facing many families who choose smaller or rural cemeteries in cold areas. Larger cemeteries are able to afford the backhoes, jackhammers and propane heaters necessary to dig through frozen ground to prepare a grave. Of course, these services don’t come cheaply, and the cost is passed on to the customer. Smaller cemeteries usually keep their, er, “clients” in cold storage until more favorable Spring weather, which unfortunately means a delay between the wake and the actual burial for the grieving family. Some cold weather states are discussing enacting laws requiring year-round burial services, but such a measure could easily bankrupt smaller facilities, leading to a critical reduction in cemetery space.

Lil'mermaid

speck76 said:
If you die in December in upstate New York, your burial may be delayed.

You didnt know that? When my friend's grandfather died, either last December or the one before, he wasnt buried until like late March.

Rain can delay burials too. My teacher was out alot after her mother in law died because they kept having to move the day because of the rain storms.

stranger

barnum42 said:
*Post Welsh Huggles*

I miss anything?

Had a very nice Italian meal last night with the GF - as we could not go out on her birthday Thursday night.

Yummy Italian! :slurp:

Happy birthday to her from me as well. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom